• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Steam Question (the gaming platform not the water vapour)

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Can you run the same steam account on 2 different computers at the same time? My wife wants to try a game I have which I'm not using. If I put it on her computer will I be able to play other games on my computer at the same time? I'm being cheap and don't want to buy it again.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Can you run the same steam account on 2 different computers at the same time? My wife wants to try a game I have which I'm not using. If I put it on her computer will I be able to play other games on my computer at the same time? I'm being cheap and don't want to buy it again.
I think you can have friends but I'm not entirely sure.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I have it on two different computers. Haven't tried running both at the same time though.

I can log into either system and download any game in my library. The second system I only use games I can run off-line. I use it when I have to go where the internet is not available.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'll be interested in what you find out. I have my doubts online features would work on both, but lan and single player I'm curious.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Well...I run it on 2 computers, just never tried it at the same time.

There is an option to run offline, which I would assume would work, if nothing else.
It would then depend on the game in terms of what impact that had.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
No...mostly. You can share the games but not with the same account at the same time....unless you play offline. If you play with steam taken offline you can both play at the same time. Many games will not work that way. Also most games do not have separate networking ability. Some do, but some require the steam network to be up.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I stumbled on a work around. I put my account on her computer then created an account for her and shared my library. It works if I'm off-line on my computer, waiting for the game to download on her computer and I'll see if it works with me online. I doubt it but the off-line option will be fine.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Your account can only be signed in on one computer at a time. It will automatically sign off if you try to log on another.