• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

State Department Coverup?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Well, just as I predicted
There are those that have to change the subject when the subject goes somewhere that they are afraid of addressing or dismiss it for the same reason.
Knew we couldn't have a open discussion.
View attachment 18790

Because no one wants to waste their time with childish and unrealistic conspiracy theories that have already been thoroughly disproved over and over again. We prefer serious discussions regarding real world issues.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm more worried about the dirty hands at the helm rather than the dirty hands of some has been. People are trying desperately to use the latter to distract from the former.
Hillary isn't just a distraction.
She's still in the news...you know....the book, talk of staying in the game.
But you're right that she isn't important.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
How many emails did Trump delete from a secure government server? How many people have testified to Clinton's wrong doing and failure to prepare?

Obama controlled the FBI. No wonder they kept their mouths shut.
As the Trump Russia Investigation makes perfectly clear, the President does not control the FBI. They are an independent agency. No one has provided evidence that Clinton committed any crime.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Hillary isn't just a distraction.
She's still in the news...you know....the book, talk of staying in the game.
But you're right that she isn't important.

If she truly did something criminal then she deserves to face justice, but people need to hold all politicians to the same standards and level of accountability rather of making exceptions for those who happen to be on their side of the isle. People like to pretend that those in their political corner are infallible exemplars of virtue who can do no wrong. I've always thought that Trump was a goofy douche bag well before I had any inkling of his political leanings, and I still would've thought the same even if he had ran for a party that I could've otherwise stomached.

esmith

Veteran Member
Of course, since the "Do Nothing Party" now is in control to continue on with their do-nothing "accomplishments".

If my memory is correct, there's been 11 different Benghazi investigations with not one of them producing a smoking gun against Hillary, and the last one that was orchestrated by the Pubs in Congress made them look like complete idiots.

Also, a reminder that it was largely the Pubs that orchestrated significant financial cuts to the security of our embassies even though they were warned that it could leave them more vulnerable.
Since your back let's get the facts about your some of your above statement which in all regards appear non-factual
1. This article is not blaming Hillary it is blaming State Department contracting officer Jan Visintainer. Hillary just happened to be the head of the State Dept
2. The Republicans did not cut the budget for the security. They just did not give all that the Obama administration wanted. Don't agree with me. Try reading the facts before you write. You seem to have an issue with me but fail to realize that you also "step-in-it" once in awhile also.
CNN Fact Check: What about the security in Benghazi? - CNNPolitics
"Conclusion: The GOP-led House did initially approve about $330 million less than what the administration requested, but in the final bill, passed with bipartisan support after adjustments by the Senate, put the amount a little closer to the administration's target."

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If she truly did something criminal then she deserves to face justice, but people need to hold all politicians to the same standards and level of accountability rather of making exceptions for those who happen to be on their side of the isle. People like to pretend that those in their political corner are infallible exemplars of virtue who can do no wrong. I've always thought that Trump was a goofy douche bag well before I had any inkling of his political leanings, and I still would've thought the same even if he had ran for a party that I could've otherwise stomached.
I don't think the OP is about anything criminal.
It's just a window into some contentious history.

DavidFirth

As the Trump Russia Investigation makes perfectly clear, the President does not control the FBI. They are an independent agency. No one has provided evidence that Clinton committed any crime.

Not surprising since she deleted and covered up enough to walk away scott free.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
you remind me of this:

1425_3.jpg

Wouldn't that be those trying to deflect attention away from Trump with irrelevant Benghazi references, oh struthious one?

"But, but, but what about Hillary?"

Here's a word you might like:

whataboutery

MEANING:
noun: The practice of responding to an accusation by making a counter-accusation, real or imaginary, relevant or irrelevant.

ETYMOLOGY:
From the response “What about ...?” to a criticism. Earliest documented use: 1974.

NOTES:
The word was coined in 1974 in a story about the Northern Ireland conflict. It was widely employed by then USSR as a propaganda technique and is now often a favorite of Trump. It’s also known as whataboutism. See also tu quoque.

USAGE:
“‘Paris? Don’t you care about what happened in Beirut?’ Turbo-charged online whataboutery is destroying proper debate.” Helen Lewis; If Activists Want Real Change They Must Ditch the Dying Cat; The Guardian (London, UK); Nov 26, 2015.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I wonder if these Eurostanian 'researchers' addressed the problem of all the explosives, connecting
wires, access openings, controllers, etc were hidden from the landlord & many tenants?
Not one of them noticed the extensive preparations required for controlled demolition, eh?

And convince a handful of Arabian types to commit suicide by flying planes into the Towers to cover up their devious plan.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And convince a handful of Arabian types to commit suicide by flying planes into the Towers to cover up their devious plan.
A theory....
They did it to hide the demolition conspiracy between landlords, tenants & government,
thereby protecting the US government, because...uh....dang, that makes no sense.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Not surprising since she deleted and covered up enough to walk away scott free.
So, you are just speculating that she committed a crime because she acted suspiciously. Understandable, I guess.

But, you should be consistent. Trump constantly lies and spreads mistruth, various members of his campaign have lied about meetings with Russians, Trump fired the head of the FBI who was investigating his campaign, Trump praised Putin on numerous occasions inexplicably, and he constantly has talked about how the investigation was a witch hunt setup by Hillary Clinton supporters who were upset that she lost (probably the most suspicious, as an innocent person would just let the investigation take its course and do his best to ignore it), and all of the other suspicious stuff he has done.

Do you treat Trump the same way?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Well at least you opened the post, I doubt the majority of you would if I had made the title "Benghazi 5 years Latter". Those that are interested in the story you can skip to the next paragraph. But if you want you can read my opinion on what I expect can continue reading :D. So those of you who are closed minded and don't care to read about new information about Benghazi being brought forward, you may now slink away and go back to your bubble. Yes I know my major source is dismissed by the majority of this forum, but I respect the reporting of Catherine Herridge and her many years of experience covering intelligence matters. So, is this another anit-Hillary subject? No, not exactly, other than she was Sec Of State prior to, during, and after the fact along with the Obama as her boss. So what is the new information that is being brought forward? Well read the article, and no I'm not saying it is the whole truth and nothing but the truth, nor am saying that it is just two persons that have an ax to grind with the State Dept, probably some of both;but I respect the integrative of Catherine Herridge and her ability to determine what a story is. I'll let you make that decision and put forth your own opinion on the story. Of course I expect numerous comments that have little or nothing to do with the story. That's just par for the course here.

So Here Is The Article with additional links embedded.
Clinton State Department silenced them on Benghazi security lapses, contractors say
Honestly though, if she committed a crime, she should be prosecuted. But, it doesn't seem like there is any evidence of that. And, since she is no longer running for any office, there really is no reason to keep bashing her for past errors in judgment. What is there to gain from that?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Honestly though, if she committed a crime, she should be prosecuted. But, it doesn't seem like there is any evidence of that. And, since she is no longer running for any office, there really is no reason to keep bashing her for past errors in judgment. What is there to gain from that?
Given that she's a very prominent Democrat, party insider, & currently speaking
out about the election, about current politics, & criticizing the new administration,
I'd say revelations about her record are indeed up for discussion.
If she really wanted to shrink into the background, she's going about it all wrong.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
On the other hand, she is actively trotting about in public giving a seemingly unending list of deplorables who robbed her of her entitlement. Since she is still yapping, I'd say EVERYTHING is still fair game. If only she had come clean about her private server and her dereliction in turning over public records for the State Dept. archives sooner - she could have made the "nothing burger" disappear. She made her own mess. The delight here is that there are many Democrats who wish she would just go away and drink herself to death. :) What she is doing is not helping the party.