• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Starting my diet over

Riders

I think I'm back up to 290, I had gotten down to 283 which was good. I had barbecue chicken pizza today. But I know exactly what the problem is, I have to correct it and start over.

I have had expensive steak sitting in my fridge making my mouth water. But I keep think about the cutting up of the steak with a knife, having to cut up vegetables and having to fry it up in a pan watching it for 15 minutes or so. I am just too lazy and don't feel like cooking. So I need to start making stuff either already prepared and or is microwavable .

I can eat the smart starts and lean cuisine tv dinners, but I'd rather eat stuff without the white carbs and salt that these dinners have,

I can microwave hamburgers and they turn out moist . I can put them in a whole wheat wrap or whole wheat bun. I can use ground turkey or chicken and low fat. I can also microwave turkey bacon and make a bacon wrap.

I can also get turkey wieners and Hormel turkey chili and put the cheese and chili over the wiener and microwave for 2 minutes. I can also get whole baked chicken from Kroger's and put them in a sandwich or by itself and add cut up vegies to it.

I can also make Frito pie without the Frito's. I can use low fat Pringles or low fat whole wheat thins or just plane whole wheat saltines! Add chili and cheese and , use turkey chili by Hormel and make it healthy!

I can also get John Souls already prepared chicken and steak fajitas and make a burrito out of it! We will see but no more food form now on that has to be fried or cooked. The microwave is all I am gonna do from now on.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
There has always been, and will always be, only one solution to weight control. And it's not a complicated formula at all:

Eat less, move more.

That's it.

Now, if you want to make it a little more complex (for even better results), we could say:

Eat less (mostly plants), move more (with deliberate effort).

That last formulation is perfection.

danieldemol

Premium Member
I think I'm back up to 290, I had gotten down to 283 which was good. I had barbecue chicken pizza today. But I know exactly what the problem is, I have to correct it and start over.

I have had expensive steak sitting in my fridge making my mouth water. But I keep think about the cutting up of the steak with a knife, having to cut up vegetables and having to fry it up in a pan watching it for 15 minutes or so. I am just too lazy and don't feel like cooking. So I need to start making stuff either already prepared and or is microwavable .

I can eat the smart starts and lean cuisine tv dinners, but I'd rather eat stuff without the white carbs and salt that these dinners have,

I can microwave hamburgers and they turn out moist . I can put them in a whole wheat wrap or whole wheat bun. I can use ground turkey or chicken and low fat. I can also microwave turkey bacon and make a bacon wrap.

I can also get turkey wieners and Hormel turkey chili and put the cheese and chili over the wiener and microwave for 2 minutes. I can also get whole baked chicken from Kroger's and put them in a sandwich or by itself and add cut up vegies to it.

I can also make Frito pie without the Frito's. I can use low fat Pringles or low fat whole wheat thins or just plane whole wheat saltines! Add chili and cheese and , use turkey chili by Hormel and make it healthy!

I can also get John Souls already prepared chicken and steak fajitas and make a burrito out of it! We will see but no more food form now on that has to be fried or cooked. The microwave is all I am gonna do from now on.
Is all this talk of food making anyone else as hungry as it is to me :)

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

If you can, try to get an air fryer. You can cook anything you want and it’s healthier as it usually drains away fat on said food.