1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Starting my diet over

Discussion in 'Health & Healing' started by Riders, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Riders

Riders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,707
    Religion:
    Unitarian Universalism,Pagan,Zen
    I think I'm back up to 290, I had gotten down to 283 which was good. I had barbecue chicken pizza today. But I know exactly what the problem is, I have to correct it and start over.

I have had expensive steak sitting in my fridge making my mouth water. But I keep think about the cutting up of the steak with a knife, having to cut up vegetables and having to fry it up in a pan watching it for 15 minutes or so. I am just too lazy and don't feel like cooking. So I need to start making stuff either already prepared and or is microwavable .

I can eat the smart starts and lean cuisine tv dinners, but I'd rather eat stuff without the white carbs and salt that these dinners have,

I can microwave hamburgers and they turn out moist . I can put them in a whole wheat wrap or whole wheat bun. I can use ground turkey or chicken and low fat. I can also microwave turkey bacon and make a bacon wrap.

I can also get turkey wieners and Hormel turkey chili and put the cheese and chili over the wiener and microwave for 2 minutes. I can also get whole baked chicken from Kroger's and put them in a sandwich or by itself and add cut up vegies to it.

I can also make Frito pie without the Frito's. I can use low fat Pringles or low fat whole wheat thins or just plane whole wheat saltines! Add chili and cheese and , use turkey chili by Hormel and make it healthy!

I can also get John Souls already prepared chicken and steak fajitas and make a burrito out of it! We will see but no more food form now on that has to be fried or cooked. The microwave is all I am gonna do from now on.

2. Evangelicalhumanist

Evangelicalhumanist "Truth" isn't a thing...
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7,171
    Religion:
    None, a humanist who doesn't even worship humans
    There has always been, and will always be, only one solution to weight control. And it's not a complicated formula at all:

Eat less, move more.

That's it.

Now, if you want to make it a little more complex (for even better results), we could say:

Eat less (mostly plants), move more (with deliberate effort).

That last formulation is perfection.

• Like Like x 3
  3. danieldemol

danieldemol Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,794
    Religion:
    Baha'i inspired liberal
    Is all this talk of food making anyone else as hungry as it is to me :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. SomeRandom

SomeRandom Still learning to be wise

Ratings:
    +5,672
    If you can, try to get an air fryer. You can cook anything you want and it’s healthier as it usually drains away fat on said food.

• Informative Informative x 1