• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Starting a liberal Christian directory or portal?

GPV

I found that a lot of the Christian search engines and link directories (and there are many) will not list my website because it's theologically liberal. This means than a lot of other progressive sites can't be found there as well if they don't profess the Nicene Creed.

So, what about creating one of our own for progressive faith listings? I'd like to take my very long website and chop it up and put it into a much more user-friendly set up. Would there be anyone here willing to assist in the data entry and content management since a project of this sort would require a team of dedicated participants? It doesn't pay anything other than the knowledge that you are building up an internet ministry.

Below is the gathering place where we will all put our heads together, decide on the format of the new site, and sort out who tackles which topic. But I need people who are truly willing to commit some time so as to make it worth while to have a pro designer come in and overhaul the set-up of the site. :)

http://www.livejournal.com/community/thought_express/16621.html

Edit: Here is a test template of the site. The old site has been dumped into it. My goal is to type in descriptions/mini reviews of each link (that's where we need the most help right now) so that search functions will be most useful. http://www.hostdiva.com/liberalchristians/ Later on we'll need people to keep an eye out for new resources to add plus people to write up their own thoughts about things.