• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Starting a cult for fun and profit.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The Cult of Metal.
We pray to the Saints such as Lemmy and the Darrel Brothers, we say our Hail Ozzys, worship Lovecraft entities (especially Cthulhu), amd hold MMM as sacred (for Metallica, Megadeth and Mercyful Fate). Tom Araya conducts Black Mass where we recieve the Sacraments of Jager and hash chips. Amd if it's your first time in attendance you must mosh during services.

CharmingOwl

I am already the leader of Lavenderism, so I have experience in starting a religion. However the profit part is something that never resonated with me so I will try my best with this experience.

You would need something that makes people think, and also something that has levels people need to pay through. You can charge people dor auditing sessions, negative energy clearings, spiritual services, make up some spiritual thing for people to pay, idk. You should also stress donating for whatever purpose if the goal of a religion is to make money. If you are not abusive you probably won't even get too much bad press and end up with a cult of billionaires trying to buy their way to enlightenment.