• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Started playing "Blasphemous" on Steam.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Blasphemous

It's a very fun albeit challenging and unforgiving game, especially for me since I'm out of practice these days, and I haven't played using a game pad in very long time. Has anyone here ever played this game? It's described as Dark Souls meets Castlevania and Metroid. The themes and aesthetics are very catholic inspired, and the soundtrack is great.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I have it, I think it's ok. But I do enjoy the darker aesthetics of it, with it probably being the closest to Diablo that I've played.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
I love Soulsborne games and 2D Metroidvanias. The last Soulsborne I beat was Elden Ring and the last 2D Metroidvania I beat was Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. Both were beyond awesome. I’ll probably try Blasphemous out at some point.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I love Soulsborne games and 2D Metroidvanias. The last Soulsborne I beat was Elden Ring and the last 2D Metroidvania I beat was Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. Both were beyond awesome. I’ll probably try Blasphemous out at some point.

The Bloodstained series is made by Koji Igarashi, who's a former producer of the Castlevania series. :)