• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Starbucks Executive Responds to sexist email

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
There's a difference between being nice and sexual harassment. I've heard stories of fears and concerns, but hearing stories is the only thing that resembles evidence I've been presented with. Overall, to me it seems hardly any different than conservative Christians screaming foul because when they are told they don't get to run the show anymore or get preferential treatment. They can say no more public prayer in school is an attack on their religion and god all they want, it's not.
I think there are double standards going on.
When a male hits on a female, he is presumably a sex harasser.
When a female hits on a male, also touching him inappropriately, she is nothing. She gets away with it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
When a male hits on a female, he is presumably a sex harasser.
That's not how it works here. Lots of whacko right-winged sources trying to scare men into thinking it is, but it isn't. Men can still flirt with women. What isn't tolerated is inappropriate names and gestures, touching, and not taking no for an answer.
As for women touching inappropriately, it's actually not like or welcomed, but the "toxic masculinity" in America makes it embarrassing for a man to complain because it's assumed he wants such things. It's also why men typically don't report when they have been raped.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
As for women touching inappropriately, it's actually not like or welcomed, but the "toxic masculinity" in America makes it embarrassing for a man to complain because it's assumed he wants such things. It's also why men typically don't report when they have been raped.

That's good to know.
There are also female sex harassers. And they should be reported.

Last edited: