• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Star Wars after Return of the Jedi

ronki23

Has anybody read the Star Wars books that told the story of what happened after Return of the Jedi ? I mean pre-Disney ?

I haven't read it but there are 3 main stories:

New Jedi Order (21 books). There's a new galactic civil war caused by demons called the Yuuzhan Vong

Legacy of the Force (19 books). About Han and Leia's son Jacen becoming a dark Jedi and his twin sister Jaina having to redeem him.

There's also Fate of the Jedi (9 books) just before Disney's acquisition which winds down the story.

Do you think they're better than the Sequel Trilogy and Mandalorian ?

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I've read many of them, with New Jedi Order being my favorite. And they aren't demons, but a alien race from another galaxy. The Yuuzhan Vong. They use nothing mechanical, every weaponry and ship is entirely organic, they are insensitive to the Force, and even light sabers cannot cut through their staffs. They even have technology that can pull a planet's moon into the planet (and thus destroying the planet), or even relocate the planet and terraform it (they manage to do this to Coruscant.
Fun fact, in Timothy Zahn's Heir to Empire book trilogy the city planet of Coruscant is given its name.

ronki23

I've read many of them, with New Jedi Order being my favorite. And they aren't demons, but a alien race from another galaxy. The Yuuzhan Vong. They use nothing mechanical, every weaponry and ship is entirely organic, they are insensitive to the Force, and even light sabers cannot cut through their staffs. They even have technology that can pull a planet's moon into the planet (and thus destroying the planet), or even relocate the planet and terraform it (they manage to do this to Coruscant.
Fun fact, in Timothy Zahn's Heir to Empire book trilogy the city planet of Coruscant is given its name.

Do you prefer these books or the sequel trilogy ?

My issue with the sequel trilogy is they didn't get the gang back together. However, I really enjoy the Mandalorian

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Do you prefer these books or the sequel trilogy ?
Books.
I could barely stand to watch episode seven, and when it ended by essentially blowing up yet another space station from the inside out, Han's crap death, and discarding a great, and vibrant canon that was well developed and adhered to outside of the original movies (across books, games, and comics) that I've had nothing but utter disdain and contempt for Disney Wars.

ronki23

Books.
I could barely stand to watch episode seven, and when it ended by essentially blowing up yet another space station from the inside out, Han's crap death, and discarding a great, and vibrant canon that was well developed and adhered to outside of the original movies (across books, games, and comics) that I've had nothing but utter disdain and contempt for Disney Wars.
Books.

The pre-Disney had some dumb ideas though:

The Sun Crusher (in hindsight not a bad thing)
IG-88 taking control of the Death Star and locking Palpatine in
Luke being able to manipulate planets' orbit with the force
Darth Maul being resurrected to fight Vader
Darth Maul hologram being able to kill people
Luke losing his powers after flying too close to a dying star
Skippy the droid
Abeloth

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The pre-Disney had some dumb ideas though:

The Sun Crusher (in hindsight not a bad thing)
IG-88 taking control of the Death Star and locking Palpatine in
Luke being able to manipulate planets' orbit with the force
Darth Maul being resurrected to fight Vader
Darth Maul hologram being able to kill people
Luke losing his powers after flying too close to a dying star
Skippy the droid
Abeloth
It wasn't all good, but it's not all bad. Like Darth Maul isn't the first character to survive without the lower half of his torso (such a character exists in Mysteries of the Sith)
We also got Grey Jedis, a Sith code, and a history and for the Sith. We discover the events between Empire and Jedi, Chewie pays his life debt to Han, we even found out how Han and Chewie met and the events that led them to Mos Eisley and being hired by Obi-wan.

ronki23

It wasn't all good, but it's not all bad. Like Darth Maul isn't the first character to survive without the lower half of his torso (such a character exists in Mysteries of the Sith)
We also got Grey Jedis, a Sith code, and a history and for the Sith. We discover the events between Empire and Jedi, Chewie pays his life debt to Han, we even found out how Han and Chewie met and the events that led them to Mos Eisley and being hired by Obi-wan.

I'm not hugely bothered about Maul surviving as opposed to him being resurrected from the dead with organic limbs.

I don't know how Chewbacca and Han met in Legends but I actually liked Solo. To me Solo was a bad movie with good acting

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I don't know how Chewbacca and Han met in Legends but I actually liked Solo. To me Solo was a bad movie with good acting
Chewie was a slave (as were most Wookies, as their home world Kashyyyk was enslaved by the Empire), and Han helped Chewie escape and gain his freedom (Han himself was a member of the Imperial Academy to be an Imperial pilot).

ronki23

Chewie was a slave (as were most Wookies, as their home world Kashyyyk was enslaved by the Empire), and Han helped Chewie escape and gain his freedom (Han himself was a member of the Imperial Academy to be an Imperial pilot).

We get the Bad Batch and Book of Boba Fett this year but no Mandalorian until next year

I'm really excited about Kenobi next year.