• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Star of Bethlehem?

Faybull

Does any know what this "star" was/is?

I have a speculation:

This star is "SadalMelik"...

If you can verify the "D", = an "R", you will get King of Israel. To note, in the East,
Aquarius was "Ea".

SADALMELIK (Alpha Aquarii). Though possessed of a rather obscure name, Sadalmelik, the Alpha star of the constellation Aquarius (the Water Carrier), is hardly without its intrigue. Shining in northern autumn skies at mid-third magnitude (2.96) just to the west of Aquarius's "Water Jar", Sadalmelik is just slightly fainter than the constellation's Beta star, Sadalsuud. The name, along with another star in the constellation, means "the lucky stars of the king or kingdom," the origin of the term quite lost to history.

Just a speculation. Curious as to what other folks here may think concerning this "star"?

Tumah

Veteran Member
Your bridge dude, go home.
Since I'm the only one to have posted in this thread, I'm assuming you're responding to me even though you didn't quote me.

Still, its hard to understand what your response actually is.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Since I'm the only one to have posted in this thread, I'm assuming you're responding to me even though you didn't quote me.

Still, its hard to understand what your response actually is.
Hey, at least we can tell what it isn't...

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Just a speculation. Curious as to what other folks here may think concerning this "star"?

It was part of a satanic plot to get Jesus killed before he could take up his role as Messiah. The "three wise men" (magi) were actually Babylonian astrologers (the account doesn't say how many there were) who were used as dupes in order to lead a jealous king to commit infanticide to protect the throne for his own sons. This child was to be a future King of the Jews, so Herod's first response was to find out where the child was to be born, and when he was prophesied to appear.
Jesus was not a newborn infant in a manger, but a young child of about two when the magi finally arrived at the house where Mary and Joseph were living. (Matthew chapter 2)

God would never announce the birth of his son through pagan practicers of things he forbade. (Deut 18:9-12) He announced the birth of Jesus to Jewish shepherds.

Last edited: