• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stages of Faith

idea

Question Everything
Just curious how many of you are familiar with:
http://www.thebattleofarmageddon.com/st ... _faith.pdf

Quite a bit of the "dark night" is familiar to me right now, and quite a few different paths to take after the dark night.
I like the above essay - as it allows believers to question their faith without having to feel quite as bad about rejecting a few things - with some interesting possibilities of what a future faith might look like.

I'm not sure I want to agree with that very last stage of faith though - the idea that the highest level of faith involves being crucified and detached from everyone and everything.

What stages of faith are you at?
What spiritual progression patterns have you seen?
How would you define the highest level of spirituality?

I have left the Mormon church. What church have others out there left? and what have you found? What did your transition to the next stage look like?

Last edited:

GoodbyeDave

None of that analysis really applies to me. I've never sought belief but knowlege. Also, when I read that "When Christ calls a man, He calls him to come and die” my reaction is that I want gods who encourage me to live. And why should I love my enemies? I'll ignore them if I can — vengence is bad for the soul — but I'm not going to love them. The gap between that author and myself would seem unbridgeable.