• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

STAFF: What's the ratio of believers vs nonbelievers?

I consider myself a ...

• Total voters

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
The poll is just for staff. Please don't vote if you're not an admin or a moderator.

It might be just me and the threads I look at, but I keep getting the feeling most of the admins are non-theists or Buddhists or UUs and similar really liberal religions. I got so curious I just have to get some stats on the matter (because I can never leave interesting pieces of information alone). Many DIRs seem to have their own moderators, which is of course really good. But the general picture? Help me out here? :D

PS. Whoever drops in, remember the forum rules. Let's not discuss the moderation, but the moderators. Have fun.

EDIT: Sorry I forgot to add the "I'm not staff" option. The rest of us just have to click "show results", I'm afraid. If some admin doesn't want to change it, of course.

Last edited:

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
Seems I'm not that good at this today. Would some staff member please correct my faulty grammar in the title? I missed a "the" at the start. :D

Warren Clark

Informer
I consider myself more of an atheist than a pantheist. My part in being a pantheist is part of seeing the universe as something that people mistake for god.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I'm an agnostic out of duty, so to speak.

For practical purposes I'm quite the atheist.

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
It's a bit early to jump to conclusions, but do you think it helps to be non-theist / liberal when being a staff member? I would imagine dealing with people requires quite a lot of patience and understanding. Do you think the job would be harder for, say, a fundamentalist Christian with lots of strong opinions of his/her own?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Oops, jumped the gun and voted before realizing it's staff only. :( Maybe it should have been put in the Private section? Just a thought. :shrug:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
It's a bit early to jump to conclusions, but do you think it helps to be non-theist / liberal when being a staff member? I would imagine dealing with people requires quite a lot of patience and understanding. Do you think the job would be harder for, say, a fundamentalist Christian with lots of strong opinions of his/her own?

No. When all of us share the the goal of the mission statement, having a healthy combination of beliefs is best because some will see trolling or rule violations where others don't. Staff also operates on consensus, and not because of how exclusive or inclusive one's individual beliefs are.

We have staff members who fit your description in the last sentence, and they provide outstanding service to the RF community. They are valued as much as all our other staff members. :)

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
No. When all of us share the the goal of the mission statement, having a healthy combination of beliefs is best because some will see trolling or rule violations where others don't. Staff also operates on consensus, and not because of how exclusive or inclusive one's individual beliefs are.

We have staff members who fit your description in the last sentence, and they provide outstanding service to the RF community. They are valued as much as all our other staff members. :)

Very nicely explained, and that has been my experience too on staff. It's great that we have a wide variety of beliefs, so that we can better understand where various posters are coming from. We all help each other out.

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm

Wow. Having seen other communities and the issues within them you make RF sound like heaven :D. That's why I love it so much. I don't think I've met many of these others (sorry luvs, I don't mean it in a bad way!) so I wouldn't know. Lots of respect to everyone!

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
Oops, jumped the gun and voted before realizing it's staff only. :( Maybe it should have been put in the Private section? Just a thought. :shrug:
I didn't want to restrict it too much. It's my own fault I forgot to put a clear not-staff option on the poll. It's not hard to count out people with the wrong colour on their name. :D

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Very nicely explained, and that has been my experience too on staff. It's great that we have a wide variety of beliefs, so that we can better understand where various posters are coming from. We all help each other out.

Very much agreed. :yes:

Wow. Having seen other communities and the issues within them you make RF sound like heaven :D. That's why I love it so much. I don't think I've met many of these others (sorry luvs, I don't mean it in a bad way!) so I wouldn't know. Lots of respect to everyone!

It's difficult for me to tear myself away from RF because of the community itself. Truthfully, though, I never made myself out to be a good moderator or administrator when you really look at it all. I just came for the chicks and the beer, and then slept my way to the top. :devil:

All of the other staff members, though, help create the wonderful environment you and I enjoy.

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
It's difficult for me to tear myself away from RF because of the community itself. Truthfully, though, I never made myself out to be a good moderator or administrator when you really look at it all. I just came for the chicks and the beer, and then slept my way to the top. :devil:

All of the other staff members, though, help create the wonderful environment you and I enjoy.
All the others? You're way too modest, dear Sang'ha. :bow:

Random

I lol'd. Not a single monotheist amongst the staff. I can't express how singularly unsurprised I was at this result.