• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

St Michael moves!?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
The chest of drawers is 3 feet from the bed, the bedroom is huge. No pets. Over a period of about 2 or 3 weeks it pivots, on what appears to be on center, about 80 degrees. That is usually when I turn it back. This time I am going to see if it turns further.

It happens over time, and I live in a quiet neighborhood, not a lot of trucks, or traffic for that matter. And house is way back from the road. And it happens over time, and I already stated that it could be vibrations by walking on the floor, however it is the only thing on that chest of drawers that moves.

Chest of drawers is fine, level, not warped. And nothing else moves. Even has a set of brass bells from the middle east on it, They are hanging freely and they do not move, or ring

Sword is centered, could not find an exact picture, This was given to me over 25 years ago.

Not that important to me t stop it. Just posting it to see what others think about it.

If you've ruled out all natural explanations for what's going on (you mentioned a few in your post above and in your OP), you might consider that what's going on with the figurine is supernatural. I'm not saying what you're experiencing is necessarily paranormal, but it's something I'd consider. If I were in this situation, I would set up a digital recorder next to the figurine and use a camera with night vision to monitor its movement so that I could determine whether or not it was legitimate poltergeist activity. Speaking for myself as a paranormal investigator, I wouldn't immediately classify the kind of event you described as paranormal. Even if I sense the presence of a spirit, I don't always assume that it is paranormal. As a medium, though, I have the benefit of being able to see and hear spirits, so if I witness a spirit causing a paranormal event, I am aware of it. I will, however, make a concentrated effort to debunk the incident and document it using my ghost-hunting equipment in order to establish that it was indeed paranormal. If you decide to follow my advice and you discover that it's a legitimate haunting, then I could possibly help you, or at least offer you advice on what to do next.

AdamjEdgar

No the OP is not. My wife would have told me about that years ago
That was a joke.

To more directly answer the O.P.

In the bible we have two covenants that Christians regularly quote...the one in the New Testament indeed is even used as justification for changing the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday. Of interest to me about the New Covenant, which actually comes from the Old Testament book of Jeremiah Ch 31:31-33, is its wording...

“The days are coming,” declares the Lord,
“when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah.
32 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they broke my covenant,
though I was a husband to them,”
declares the Lord.
33 “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
after that time,” declares the Lord.
“I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
declares the Lord.

The holy Spirit was sent to us by Jesus after his ascention back to heaven to convict us of God's Law and of the Gospel. If we look closely at vs 33 of the Covenant above, we notice that the way in which the Holy Spirit will convict us is through our minds and our hearts. It is the role of the Gentiles (spiritual Israel) to do the ministering (the physical part)...to take the Gospel to every nation, kindred and tongue.

In light of the above information, can anyone provide me with some evidence in the bible to support the idea that the New Covenant, and our role in spreading the gospel is such that the way in which God wishes to convict one of the existence of Michael the Arkangel (which is Jesus Christ btw), is to have a figurine/idol misteriously turn on a dresser?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
The chest of drawers is 3 feet from the bed, the bedroom is huge. No pets. Over a period of about 2 or 3 weeks it pivots, on what appears to be on center, about 80 degrees. That is usually when I turn it back. This time I am going to see if it turns further.

It happens over time, and I live in a quiet neighborhood, not a lot of trucks, or traffic for that matter. And house is way back from the road. And it happens over time, and I already stated that it could be vibrations by walking on the floor, however it is the only thing on that chest of drawers that moves.

Chest of drawers is fine, level, not warped. And nothing else moves. Even has a set of brass bells from the middle east on it, They are hanging freely and they do not move, or ring

Sword is centered, could not find an exact picture, This was given to me over 25 years ago.

Not that important to me t stop it. Just posting it to see what others think about it.
To test it, try a different figurine or object with similar mass and shape size, similar sized base. I'm sure Revoltingest has many of himself stored in his warehoused for the day he becomes somebody.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
It's been almost 2 weeks since I replied in your thread, and I was wondering if there are any updates on your situation.

well, it stalled or a few days looking at my side of the bed and then it continued to turn and started towards the window. I turned it back facing forward...that is were it is at now. Did notice it vibrates a bit when I open the top drawer of the chest of drawers

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
well, it stalled or a few days looking at my side of the bed and then it continued to turn and started towards the window. I turned it back facing forward...that is were it is at now. Did notice it vibrates a bit when I open the top drawer of the chest of drawers

If it vibrates a bit when you open the top drawer, then it's possible that could be the explanation for why it moves as if on its own.

And thanks for the update.