• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

St Michael moves!?

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I am not catholic, closest I get is likely Deism. But years ago I was physical security for the state at state offices. At that time I was dating, and eventually engaged to, a woman who was Catholic. Because of my job she gave me a card to carry that was a prayer to St Michael (archangel) and she also gave me a little pewter figurine of St Michael to keep on my dresser. I have no idea if she had either blessed or not. We eventually went our separate ways and I have not seen here in well over 20 years.

I don't know why, but I still carry the card in my car and the figurine is on my chest of drawers. it is facing the side of my bedroom, basically it is facing parallel to the foot of my bed. Now there are many logical reasons this could be happening, including vibrations made by walking on the floor. I noticed, a few month ago, it was not facing that direction so I moved it back. But for the last several months i have been paying attention to this and it has been turning, slowly and stops when it is facing where I sleep, my side of the bed if you will. I turn it back, a few weeks latter it is looking right back at the bed were I sleep.

For the record, I am not making any big deal out of this, I just find it quite intriguing and wanted to post about it. But I am also not dismissing it either.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I am not catholic, closest I get is likely Deism. But years ago I was physical security for the state at state offices. At that time I was dating, and eventually engaged to, a woman who was Catholic. Because of my job she gave me a card to carry that was a prayer to St Michael (archangel) and she also gave me a little pewter figurine of St Michael to keep on my dresser. I have no idea if she had either blessed or not. We eventually went our separate ways and I have not seen here in well over 20 years.

I don't know why, but I still carry the card in my car and the figurine is on my chest of drawers. it is facing the side of my bedroom, basically it is facing parallel to the foot of my bed. Now there are many logical reasons this could be happening, including vibrations made by walking on the floor. I noticed, a few month ago, it was not facing that direction so I moved it back. But for the last several months i have been paying attention to this and it has been turning, slowly and stops when it is facing where I sleep, my side of the bed if you will. I turn it back, a few weeks latter it is looking right back at the bed were I sleep.

For the record, I am not making any big deal out of this, I just find it quite intriguing and wanted to post about it. But I am also not dismissing it either.

Fascinating. What do you think is going on?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

In the Bible I find we are Not to have religious objects but as Christians to walk by faith and Not by sight.
Not by sighted religious objects.

Jesus, (aka Archangel Michael - 1 Thess. 4:16) never requested prayers be directed to him.
Rather, Jesus directed all prayers only to His Father in Heaven. Our Father who art in Heaven.......

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
But for the last several months i have been paying attention to this and it has been turning, slowly and stops when it is facing where I sleep, my side of the bed if you will. I turn it back, a few weeks latter it is looking right back at the bed were I sleep.
So Mikey is looking at you as you sleep.

Maybe you should get a tiny little blindfold for the perv.

danieldemol

Premium Member

Meh, if St Michael figurines are capable of moving about of their own volition there is no need for me to have one donated.

One could just relocate itself from the factory, move itself in, and creepily stare at me while I'm sleeping.

I believe if you want to test if it moves under its own steam just take it far away for example to work, toss it in the garbage and if it winds up back at your bed side you can always attend confession afterwords :D

In my opinion.

Wu Wei

Whats doing it, like I said. logically it is vibrations from walking on the floor. It does always turn to the right. As far as the throwing it in the corner thing, or coming from the factory.... that woujld assume it can walk or float, and I do not...or that would assume I am trying to prove something religiously, and I'm not... I just find it curious.... and I am certain there are all sorts of thought as to why, and I am mostly curious.... not looking to start an argument or proselytize or preach.... just looking, "respectfully" and the views of others

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Well, if it's happening regardless why it would be silly to dismiss it.:p
Is this a John Travolta Michael and the card possessed by Xenu Thetans?

Wu Wei

Well, if it's happening regardless why it would be silly to dismiss it.:p
Is this a John Travolta Michael and the card possessed by Xenu Thetans?

Nah, similar to, much MUCH smaller than, but not exactly like this

StMichaelStatue-blog.jpg

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Whats doing it, like I said. logically it is vibrations from walking on the floor. It does always turn to the right. As far as the throwing it in the corner thing, or coming from the factory.... that woujld assume it can walk or float, and I do not...or that would assume I am trying to prove something religiously, and I'm not... I just find it curious.... and I am certain there are all sorts of thought as to why, and I am mostly curious.... not looking to start an argument or proselytize or preach.... just looking, "respectfully" and the views of others
Ok, seriously.

You could set up a camera with night vision to watch it and see if it is really moving. They are not that expensive. That would eliminate the possibility that you inadvertently jostled it when getting dressed and didn't notice. (btw, do you have a cat?)

The camera would also confirm when this was happening. Does it coincide with a large truck driving by outside? Does it happen when you walk by the dresser?

Have you checked the Dresser to see if it is level? Is the top warped in anyway?

I am looking at the picture in post 13, you said it looked similar to that. How similar? Does it have a sword? Is that sword to one side of the figure? If the figure is asymmetrically weighted that might explain why it tends to turn in one direction.

Or you could try putting a cloth underneath the figure and see it that stops Mikey's midnight movements.

Wu Wei

Ok, seriously.

You could set up a camera with night vision to watch it and see if it is really moving. They are not that expensive. That would eliminate the possibility that you inadvertently jostled it when getting dressed and didn't notice. (btw, do you have a cat?)

The chest of drawers is 3 feet from the bed, the bedroom is huge. No pets. Over a period of about 2 or 3 weeks it pivots, on what appears to be on center, about 80 degrees. That is usually when I turn it back. This time I am going to see if it turns further.

The camera would also confirm when this was happening. Does it coincide with a large truck driving by outside? Does it happen when you walk by the dresser?

It happens over time, and I live in a quiet neighborhood, not a lot of trucks, or traffic for that matter. And house is way back from the road. And it happens over time, and I already stated that it could be vibrations by walking on the floor, however it is the only thing on that chest of drawers that moves.

Have you checked the Dresser to see if it is level? Is the top warped in anyway?

Chest of drawers is fine, level, not warped. And nothing else moves. Even has a set of brass bells from the middle east on it, They are hanging freely and they do not move, or ring

I am looking at the picture in post 13, you said it looked similar to that. How similar? Does it have a sword? Is that sword to one side of the figure? If the figure is asymmetrically weighted that might explain why it tends to turn in one direction.

Sword is centered, could not find an exact picture, This was given to me over 25 years ago.

Or you could try putting a cloth underneath the figure and see it that stops Mikey's midnight movements.

Not that important to me t stop it. Just posting it to see what others think about it.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Not that important to me t stop it. Just posting it to see what others think about it.
The point of the cloth was not to stop it, but to see if it stopped it, as an experiment.

But I also have to say, you being there in the room makes you the person best able to figure this out. All anyone here can do it take blind guessed. (or silly jokes)

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Maybe you can consider that this statue is moving for a reason, without becoming a fullblown believer in angels. Much like a fortune cookie that seems relevant to the current events in your life, or when it feels like the penny on heads did indeed turn your bad day around. Keep on the lookout for what this statue moving could mean.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I would crazy glue it to the dresser. Then if it wound up moving anyway I would start going back to church.