• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SR-72

Onyx

Premium Member
Looks like a new Blackbird may be on the way, an unmanned hypersonic vehicle presumably designed for high-speed strike/reconnaissance.

Could be a response to Russia's efforts in hypersonic tech: Mikoyan MiG-41 - Wikipedia

Lockheed Martin's SR-72 page: Meet the SR-72

China's DF-17 ballistic missle is reported to be hypersonic also, ready to blast through modern defense systems.

Ah, the joys of war. Hopefully, all this new tech will be used instead to deliver my Amazon packages faster and with less chance of being shot down by the competition.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The goal is to be an unattractive target.
Attack us...& the retaliation would be too great.
It's worked so far....barely.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It's nice to see peaceful competition between the countries. The competition is to see which country can spend itself into bankruptcy first in a military arms buildup.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
It's nice to see peaceful competition between the countries. The competition is to see which country can spend itself into bankruptcy first in a military arms buildup.

Although this is certainly a hopeful idea but in reality countries that put this much treasure in their arms are likely to use them those weapons before reaching that financial meltdown.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Although this is certainly a hopeful idea but in reality countries that put this much treasure in their arms are likely to use them those weapons before reaching that financial meltdown.
Which makes the USA #1 in that regard.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Which makes the USA #1 in that regard.

Even though I am sure you want to believe this, it is truly specious at best. We're talking about totalitarian, or near totalitarian, societies that have the capabilities of centralized control of their nuclear stockpiles without the system of launch safeguards found in the US.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Even though I am sure you want to believe this, it is truly specious at best. We're talking about totalitarian, or near totalitarian, societies that have the capabilities of centralized control of their nuclear stockpiles without the system of launch safeguards found in the US.
Actually you made a blanket statement which I snarkily replied to.