• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Squid Game

ecco

Veteran Member
Flat earth thinking.
Yet you cannot support your allegations. I took your first example and showed you were completely wrong in your understanding of the article.

I'll repeat, you have a habit of posting links to articles whose headlines seem to support your views. A reading of those articles often shows just the opposite, as was the case of the boy savagely beating a little girl.

As far as flat earth is concerned, that nonsense is in your Bible along with other nonsensical things like a 6-day Creation and a Global Flood which you also believe.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Yet you cannot support your allegations. I took your first example and showed you were completely wrong in your understanding of the article.

I'll repeat, you have a habit of posting links to articles whose headlines seem to support your views. A reading of those articles often shows just the opposite, as was the case of the boy savagely beating a little girl.

As far as flat earth is concerned, that nonsense is in your Bible along with other nonsensical things like a 6-day Creation and a Global Flood which you also believe.
LOL... back to... when you have a good question, let me know.

I gave you multiple examples of how what children see can affect their reality. To ignore it is to be a flat earther. :D

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member
LOL... back to... when you have a good question, let me know.

I gave you multiple examples of how what children see can affect their reality. To ignore it is to be a flat earther. :D

You don't need to pot silly smilies to convey your embarrassment. It is apparent.

In case you missed it...
Take your first example.

First off, why is a 12 year old 180 pound boy play wrestling with a six-year-old girl weighing 48 pounds?

...Tate inflicted brutal injuries on the 48-pound Tiffany, leaving 35 wounds, including a fractured skull, a lacerated liver, a broken rib, internal hemorrhaging and cuts and bruises.

In your wildest imaginings, do you really see this just imitating a wrestling match? Or, did you see a headline that you thought would bolster your assertions and post the link without bothering to read the article? It wouldn't be the first time.

Would you care to try to actually respond? If you don't see this as a lot more than kids imitating TV shows, you are really in a fantasy. This is a case of a big teenager, possibly mentally ill, beating up on a defenseless small child.

Or are you just going to continue to pretend that I'm a Creationist?

Kenny

Premium Member
You don't need to pot silly smilies to convey your embarrassment. It is apparent.

In case you missed it...
Take your first example.

First off, why is a 12 year old 180 pound boy play wrestling with a six-year-old girl weighing 48 pounds?

...Tate inflicted brutal injuries on the 48-pound Tiffany, leaving 35 wounds, including a fractured skull, a lacerated liver, a broken rib, internal hemorrhaging and cuts and bruises.

In your wildest imaginings, do you really see this just imitating a wrestling match? Or, did you see a headline that you thought would bolster your assertions and post the link without bothering to read the article? It wouldn't be the first time.

Would you care to try to actually respond? If you don't see this as a lot more than kids imitating TV shows, you are really in a fantasy. This is a case of a big teenager, possibly mentally ill, beating up on a defenseless small child.

Or are you just going to continue to pretend that I'm a Creationist?
I'm still waiting for a real question or point. ;)

ecco

Veteran Member
I'm still waiting for a real question or point.
Real question? I was pointing out your very flawed "logic". I was pointing out that, once again, you posted some links to headlines that you thought would support your case. Actually reading and comprehending the article shows it doesn't support your case. In your continued defense of the link, you show a callousness and an inability to understand the difference between play among peers and a brutal attack of a teenager on a child.

If there are any questions, they would be...
When are you going to actually read and comprehend articles before you post links to them?
Why are you incapable of understanding the difference between play and a brutal attack by a young person who may possibly be severely mentally challenged.

ecco

Veteran Member
I'm still waiting for a real question or point.

This subthread started when you posted...
Some people say it doesn't affect their thinking... and the answer is, "Then why do companies spend billions on advertisement?" - because it affects behavior.
And then followed up with some "examples" to support your simplistic views.

Some religious people tend to think that simplistic answers solve complex problems.

Nancy Regan with her "Just say no" campaign. Drug usage did not go down.

The promise ring nonsense to prevent teen pregnancy. If there was any reduction in teen pregnancy it was because boys convinced gullible girls that it was OK to give blow jobs.

Simplistic "answers" do not solve complex problems. But that is one of the draws of fundamentalism. GodDidIt is so much easier than having to actually learn anything.

Bye.

Kenny

Premium Member
Real question? I was pointing out your very flawed "logic". I was pointing out that, once again, you posted some links to headlines that you thought would support your case. Actually reading and comprehending the article shows it doesn't support your case. In your continued defense of the link, you show a callousness and an inability to understand the difference between play among peers and a brutal attack of a teenager on a child.

If there are any questions, they would be...
When are you going to actually read and comprehend articles before you post links to them?
Why are you incapable of understanding the difference between play and a brutal attack by a young person who may possibly be severely mentally challenged.
still waiting ;)

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I agree wholeheartedly!

As a child become desensitized, they are more apt to play out what they see. Some people say it doesn't affect their thinking... and the answer is, "Then why do companies spend billions on advertisement?" - because it affects behavior.
You haven't even heard the half of it. They're even selling toys for preschoolers that glamourize genocide:

Some people have no shame.

ecco

Veteran Member
You haven't even heard the half of it. They're even selling toys for preschoolers that glamourize genocide:
8930425-five-hands-doing-thumbs-up-isolated-on-white-background.jpg
depositphotos_99959860-stock-photo-five-stars-with-laurel-gold.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The reality is though those are isolated incidents and not reflective of larger trends and the millions who partake in violent media.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Even as violence continues to increase at all ages.
But it's not. Overall we never known more peace as a species. For much of the world our chances of being killed in an act of violence has never been lower. Overall poverty remains at historic lows and records of political stability are increasing and growing with each day.
It's not perfect and we still have a lot of problems, but overall violence is going down, even in the presence of violent.

Kenny

Premium Member
But it's not. Overall we never known more peace as a species. For much of the world our chances of being killed in an act of violence has never been lower. Overall poverty remains at historic lows and records of political stability are increasing and growing with each day.
It's not perfect and we still have a lot of problems, but overall violence is going down, even in the presence of violent.
Wish I could find better statistics:
National Youth Gang Survey Analysis: Measuring the Extent of Gang Problems

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I just don't see it. With sex trade proliferating, kidnappings in Africa, bombings of places of worship... et al... I just don't see it.
As I said, it's not perfect but it is happening. For so much of the world, including you and I, the world has never been more safe and more peaceful. Our chances of being violently killed have never been lower. And the best part is that claim is backed by research. It's happening despite violent media.

Kenny

Premium Member