• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Squatchin'

Viker

Häxan
Anyone else go squatchin? I do it more as an excuse to get back into the woods. It'd be cool if I did run into a Sasquatch. Probably never will.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I do it while meditatively watching the roadside pass while riding through the river valley on the way to work. I started young, while on vacations in the mountains--tune out family and watch the road. At speed, you can unfocus and see right into the passing trees.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
i don't live in squatch land so I go devil hunting instead.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Anyone else go squatchin? I do it more as an excuse to get back into the woods. It'd be cool if I did run into a Sasquatch. Probably never will.

Most people think this 'squatchin' thing is one of two things.

1) All imagination, fraud and mis-sightings

2) An unidentified species living in nature

I believe in neither theory. I think there is something paranormal going on here; like these squatches are real but do not inhabit our normal earth realm on a full-time basis. There is also agreement with what I say in some Native American traditions; that you can track them and they can just disappear. Some use the term shape-shifters.

I'm convinced this is a more complicated universe than our normal common sense can grasp.

Anyway why don't serious investigators search with bloodhounds? And why aren't they equipped with tranquilizing rifles?

Anyway I hope you see one. And can get some evidence. But most of all, Enjoy nature and the woods.

Last edited:

Viker

Häxan
Most people think this 'squatchin' thing is one of two things.

1) All imagination, fraud and mis-sightings

2) An unidentified species living in nature

I believe in neither theory. I think there is something paranormal going on here; like these squatches are real but do not inhabit our normal earth realm on a full-time basis. There is also agreement with what I say in some Native American traditions; that you can track them and they can just disappear. Some use the term shape-shifters.

I'm convinced this is a more complicated universe than our normal common sense can grasp.

Anyway why don't serious investigators search with bloodhounds? And why aren't they equipped with tranquilizing rifles?

Anyway I hope you see one. And can get some evidence. But most of all, Enjoy nature and the woods.
There have been hoaxes and provable misidentified animals. Bears walking on hind legs, as example. In a lot of the captured vocalizations it has later been found that things like coyotes and owls were what was heard. I've caught vocalizations I can't easily write off as that. They could be many of the growing coyote hybrid populations in my area. As to why there isn't more professional scientific investigation, I dunno. They probably think it's nuts.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
I live in the middle of a mess of alleged squatches, grave diggers, howling witches and a goat-man. Sure gets crazy here at night.

How does one keep safe at night in such dangerous country.

Parsimony

I haven't, but I'd definitely like to if the opportunity was ever given to me. Down where I live, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of Sasquatch activity. I dunno if it's real or not, but I still find it interesting and it would always be thrilling just to go out and have a look.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
I believe in Big Foot because I have been convinced by one guy who spent a lot of time romping around in the woods of California and Oregon who says he saw a big hairy neanderthal man matching what some call Big Foot.

I have never seen one. Actually, I am just a bit intimidated, yes I have been in outback places in my younger days, in the gold country of California, Sierras, Oregon, Washington, B.C. and Alberta Canada, and in Nepal. Yes we spoke of Big Foot as we call him, thinking about him or her.

Yes, in the back of my mind, looking here and there, and the "feeling" too but actually just slightly edgy fear, is Big Foot watching me?

But then, wondering if a mountain lion is, too.

Bears. Seen a lot of bears. But not one Big Foot yet. If I saw a baby Big Foot, I might think it a racoon. I might think also, if it was obviously a baby Big, man, I am outta there before Mommie comes at me or I by chance get between Mommie and Baby.

That would be bad. Very bad.

Another thing I would like to see besides Big Foot, which I admit I guess I sort of have a "love" for, is the Ivory Billed Woodpecker. Somewhere in Arkansas boonies it is there. Supposedly extinct.

Last edited:

Viker

Häxan
I won't speak for all of those creepy feelings. Many of the times that feeling of being watched is very real and simple. You are being watched, by the typical creatures like birds or raccoons. Sometimes, I dunno. I've gotten weird vibes out there.

Fireside_Hindu

Jai Lakshmi Maa
I don't know if I believe in them but I do know what I would do if I saw one.

Keep it to myself.

You know why?Because unless you have a body or a REAL video (And I mean a crystal effing clear video, in focus (why is this so hard to get in this day and age?) Then everyone you tell about it is just going to think you're a nutcase. Why not just be grateful for having had the chance to witness such a thing and move on?

If they're out there,they're clearly smarter then we give them credit for since they've evaded us up to this point.

:camp:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
The chance that a group of a large hominid species has gone undiscovered in our backyard doesn't seem very probable to me.

Last edited: