• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Square Pegs, Round Holes

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Perhaps God wants to keep me and the world in suspense that He is doing it this way, so that there is always going to be a doubt as to whether He continues to come to me with thoughts that protect me from the wickedness of the evil UK State. Perhaps there is more to be revealed on this so I continue on my satya-advaitic path.
And yet he chose this highly subjective method of communicating? Seriously? You sound quite a bit like those claiming that they are in touch with aliens.

You should try to think of a proper test. One that could prove you to be wrong. Until then you really do not have a valid reason to believe.

Let me help you with some suggestions. You could try to repeat your previous test with proper recording of it . A test that is not repeatable and is only based upon the claims of a person is worthless. Proper record keeping is a must. Ideally you could think of a proper scientific test. One that could possibly refute your beliefs is much more valuable than one that could only at best appear to confirm them.

Shantanu

And yet he chose this highly subjective method of communicating? Seriously? You sound quite a bit like those claiming that they are in touch with aliens.

You should try to think of a proper test. One that could prove you to be wrong. Until then you really do not have a valid reason to believe.

Let me help you with some suggestions. You could try to repeat your previous test with proper recording of it . A test that is not repeatable and is only based upon the claims of a person is worthless. Proper record keeping is a must. Ideally you could think of a proper scientific test. One that could possibly refute your beliefs is much more valuable than one that could only at best appear to confirm them.
I am currently testing the validity of my assertions that God had used my digital clock method of communications with Him by stopping that method completely and seeing whether what I did by following His guidance is going to bear fruit in that I had attained supremacy in performing my dharmic activities. I am no longer interested in reverting back to clock checking for messages as I have travelled beyond that phase of communications and become all the God that I need myself. It is important for me to prove this theory too. I must survive and win a lot of money or get my old jobs back even at the age of 62. That is the test of whether I have determined the truths that I speak about.

And yes I provide a running commentary on the saga.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I have had concrete evidence that God guided me through messages from the use of a digital clock prearranged for such communications. He exists.

Billy Graham had his followers put their hands on the old TVs and feel the vibes from God. It worked until the put a ground wire on appliances.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
With that being said, individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) are born with neurological deficits such that absolutely no volume of evidence can help these comprehend that which comes so naturally to Neurotypical (NT) individuals, compassion and spirituality.
The bolded part is utter rubbish. Autistic people, to those we care about, we are very compassionate towards.
That sounds glib.
Have any real info associating lack of empathy with
narcissism or sociopathy (the word you really meant)?

You might find this interesting....
The Neuroscientist Who Discovered He Was a Psychopath | Science | Smithsonian

Hey, @Shadow Wolf, as I recall aren't you also empathy challenged?
Or am I alone here on RF?
I definitely have to take some detours for it. And, overall, I do think we tend to make better thinkers because we aren't prone to thinking so emotionally like a NT but rather hardwired for thinking logically.
How can one not be narcissistic living in a world that denies them access to the common, universal feelings of others?
Because our empathy is impaired doesn't make us narcissists. We may not share in these "universal feelings" and we are definitely not emotionally feeling people and we tend to not feel sympathy pains, but we are hardly narcissist and shame on you for implying it, because you've obviously reached that conclusion without researching autism or narcissism.
(autistic person here)We do too experience empathy..At least most of us do.Do I need to get a bunch of sources on how autistics tend to feel more strongly then NTs when it comes to affective empathy they just tend to lack on cognitive empathy?Because I can do that...and I will I just need a minute.We just appear not to have it because of our difficulties in social skills.
There are also studies that show the areas in our brain responsible for empathy are not as strong or as active as they are in a NT. Which also is a part of our social difficulties, because we lack the intuition for such things and struggle to put ourselves in the shoes of another. And a note of emotional empathy, we're also known for having strong emotional outbursts.
In sci-fi nerdy terms, I tend to think of us as a rough equivalent of human Vulcans.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Your drifting away from the intent of the thread setting up multiple goal posts.
Perhaps it's not, but I have yet to see such a statement being made without the intention of demonizing autustic people for a general lack of faith and implying there is something very wrong with them because we tend to not be as religious and appear "out of tune with god." The OP claiming we lack compassion makes me suspicious the intention here is no different.
And it seems a stab at atheists, who are apparently incapable of showing compassion themselves.
The more we limit one's ability to experience empathy, the less able one will be to relate with the way other experience 'being here'. And the more confused and isolated one will become as a result. The lack of empathy is still the lack of empathy regardless of the degree to which it lacks, and the result (the inability to relate with others) remains the result regardless of the degree to which it manifests. It is not a "different kind of empathy". The lack remains in effect, regardless of the degree to which it is lacking.
I know of not one mental health professional who agrees with you. Rather they will say that though those with Autism struggle with empathy because of a lack of social intuition, they are not without, are not unable to learn to understand, and are most definitely not the uncaring, cold, and calloused people many often think we are. We often have to intellectualize an understanding for empathy and to piece things together to understand a situation, and I'm confident in saying it's a different kind based on how I hear NTs describe how they perceive empathy. I tend to use the word "detour" because it doesn't come naturally or intuitively, and even into adulthood there are times I have to ponder things to understand them and know what's going on (and even then sometimes I'm left clueless though I know something is going on). But indeed we can learn to reach understandings, and we are very capable of being caring and compassionate. And we tend to have strong emotions towards people we care about. Our neural networks for empathy may be impaired, but it seems we may dislike seeing someone we are concerned about in distress more than an NT.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Billy Graham had his followers put their hands on the old TVs and feel the vibes from God. It worked until the put a ground wire on appliances.
Those pesky science things always getting in the way of those demanding money and power on the behalf of Jesus.

PureX

Veteran Member
Because our empathy is impaired doesn't make us narcissists. We may not share in these "universal feelings" and we are definitely not emotionally feeling people and we tend to not feel sympathy pains, but we are hardly narcissist and shame on you for implying it, because you've obviously reached that conclusion without researching autism or narcissism.
How would you even know?

PureX

Veteran Member
I know of not one mental health professional who agrees with you. Rather they will say that though those with Autism struggle with empathy because of a lack of social intuition, they are not without, are not unable to learn to understand,...
Mimicking the behaviors of others is not the same thing as empathizing with their thoughts and feelings.
... and are most definitely not the uncaring, cold, and calloused people many often think we are.
Even Donald Trump cares about how other people feel about HIM, but he's still a classic narcissist.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
How would you even know?
Because I have Asperger's/Autism and am a mental health professional. No where is autism lumped in with narcissism. Narcissism is narcissism. Psychotic disorders are psychotic disorders. Autism is autism. They can all impair empathy, but they aren't interchangeable or considered to be the same as one another. It's apparent to me because I've done more than enough research and have more than enough experience to know your claim is not supported by the mental health field, in any country or by any organization, and you'll be very hard pressed to find any researcher or clinician who agrees (I am nearly confident enough to say you will find any).
Mimicking the behaviors of others is not the same thing as empathizing with their thoughts and feelings.
I never claimed it was. I don't even know where you got that from.
Even Donald Trump cares about how other people feel about HIM, but he's still a classic narcissist.
Do I need to start treating you like the anti-LGBT Evangelicals and rub it in that "science doesn't agree with you?"
And, realistically, you don't know Trump and you aren't his psychiatrist. It isn't for you or your place to diagnose him. For all any of us know, what people call narcissism in him could be a gimmick to get attention. It's very possible something else better explains the behavior.
That's why we don't armchair diagnose people (and it's considered highly unethical).

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Because I have Asperger's/Autism and am a mental health professional. No where is autism lumped in with narcissism. Narcissism is narcissism. Psychotic disorders are psychotic disorders. Autism is autism. They can all impair empathy, but they aren't interchangeable or considered to be the same as one another. It's apparent to me because I've done more than enough research and have more than enough experience to know your claim is not supported by the mental health field, in any country or by any organization, and you'll be very hard pressed to find any researcher or clinician who agrees (I am nearly confident enough to say you will find any).

I never claimed it was. I don't even know where you got that from.

Do I need to start treating you like the anti-LGBT Evangelicals and rub it in that "science doesn't agree with you?"
And, realistically, you don't know Trump and you aren't his psychiatrist. It isn't for you or your place to diagnose him. For all any of us know, what people call narcissism in him could be a gimmick to get attention. It's very possible something else better explains the behavior.
That's why we don't armchair diagnose people (and it's considered highly unethical).
It's tempting (but intellectually lazy) for people to believe that if
someone is such-&-such, then they're consequently so-&-so.
And in this political climate, where so many are so prone to
finding things about Trump to criticize, now even aspies are
being lumped in with him. He doesn't strike me as even
remotely being one....he's not analytical enuf.
Instead, he embodies the worst of being NT, ie, uncontrolled
intuiting & emoting in preference to cold reason.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And in this political climate, where so many are so prone to
finding things about Trump to criticize, now even aspies are
being lumped in with him.
I know, right? And it's truly a new low in insults and quality logical conclusions to bridge narcissism and autism, and throw Trump out there because, after all, all old TV shows are black and white and all penguins are black and white thus all old tv shows are penguins.
He doesn't strike me as even
remotely being one....he's not analytical enuf.
Instead, he embodies the worst of being NT, ie, uncontrolled
intuiting & emoting in preference to cold reason.
He also seems to have a very troubled relationship with facts and evidence, something that would be very unusual for an Aspie.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I know, right? And it's truly a new low in insults and quality logical conclusions to bridge narcissism and autism, and throw Trump out there because, after all, all old TV shows are black and white and all penguins are black and white thus all old tv shows are penguins.

He also seems to have a very troubled relationship with facts and evidence, something that would be very unusual for an Aspie.
Nuns are penguins.
gods-penguins.jpg

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
There are also studies that show the areas in our brain responsible for empathy are not as strong or as active as they are in a NT. Which also is a part of our social difficulties, because we lack the intuition for such things and struggle to put ourselves in the shoes of another. And a note of emotional empathy, we're also known for having strong emotional outbursts.
In sci-fi nerdy terms, I tend to think of us as a rough equivalent of human Vulcans.
Thank you...If you can will you send me links to these studies through pm or here?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
They're beaks are missing. Methinks some polar bears ate them off.
It's natural for nuns to shed their beaks before they swim to Catholic schools to care for their young.
One might wonder how they defend themselves without being able to put a beak in an eye?
Nun+with+Ruler+dreamstime_12895823.jpg

For more info, you can buy my book for $9.95.
"Nuns In The Mist"

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Thank you...If you can will you send me links to these studies through pm or here?
It's dated, and not what I originally saw the claim one (I don't remember the source, though I do recall it being specifically in reference to Asperger's, which wasn't lumped in with Autism until the DSM 5, published in 2013), but it's what I was able to find that wasn't a blog or Quora.
Autism linked to malfunctioning 'mirror neurons'