• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Fans, Just Stop!

Uberpod

We should start a new thread: "People should stop liking what I don't like, we all need to like the same things"
(Sorry, couldn't resist) ;) ;) ;) ;)
You should have resisted. I give a very clear and, I think, compelling rationale, for why this thing I do not like should be de-emphasized in this culture. There are things I do not like, eating green beans for instance, that we would all do well if we increased. There are also other endeavors that I do not like, that are worthy of engagement -- like rocket science.

Last edited:
Reactions: MD

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
You should have resisted. I give a very clear and, I think, compelling rationale, for why this thing I do not like should be de-emphasized in this culture. There are things I do not like, eating green beans for instance, that we would all do well if we increased. There are also other endeavors that I do not like, that are worthy of engagement -- like rocket science.

Compelling is in the eye of the beholder, but there are certainly aspects of sports culture, and sports in general which are ridiculous. I just think your OP is overblown, and throws the baby out with the bath water, personally.

What's your opinion of sports as it relates to racism, both positively and negatively?

dust1n

Zindīq
On further reflection, most sports as the spectacles that they are, are really overrated. I was watching the game last night... and it really just isn't that great. Now playing sports, or watching sports live is a totally different thing... but this whole TV/phone sports culture stuff is so boring.

It's ultimately just numbers. It's the same thing over and over and over, play after play. I don't know. Just seems like that are far more valuable things in life to pay attention to.