• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spooky kids stories

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
In honour of Halloween (which was yesterday for me, oops)
What are some of your favourite scary stories from childhood? It can come from a series, be folklore, a made up ghost story or even from classical literature. I’ll even make an exception for a TV show/movie.

My list includes the Goosebumps series, Grizzly Tales for Gruesome Kids and it’s subsequent spin off series. Both of which got turned into popular children’s shows. Tales from the Darkside I think it was called, had some good anthologies. Most books written by Roald Dahl were staples in my reading collection. Even if some gave me nightmares lol
Others faves include the Headless Horseman, the Flying Dutchman which my father told to me as a child. And various original Grimm tales like Hansel and Gretel etc
I also remember the Oz books being kind of creepy and the original book Pinocchio is based on gave me nightmares lol. Like good god how Disney looked at that and thought it would make a classic family friendly movie is beyond me but whatever.
What are some of yours?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The most frightening movie i ever saw was Fantasia. I think i was 8 when we got our first VHS with 5 or 6 tapes, one was Fantasia, It gave me nightmares for weeks.

Gargovic Malkav

I loved the Goosebumps series.
I also was a huge fan of the writer Paul van Loon, especially his Griezelbus series.
It was about a school trip in a bus hosted by this mysterious guy who owned all kinds of strange items.
Every item had its own separate story and this eventually worked towards a climax in the main storyline.
I still have a soft spot for stories told in this fashion.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I loved the Goosebumps series.
I also was a huge fan of the writer Paul van Loon, especially his Griezelbus series.
It was about a school trip in a bus hosted by this mysterious guy who owned all kinds of strange items.
Every item had its own separate story and this eventually worked towards a climax in the main storyline.
I still have a soft spot for stories told in this fashion.
I remember Goosebumbs. Even as an adult the stories are enjoyable.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The most frightening movie i ever saw was Fantasia. I think i was 8 when we got our first VHS with 5 or 6 tapes, one was Fantasia, It gave me nightmares for weeks.
There were two in retrospect but I never found the titles.

One was a werewolf (I think )that killed people by stomping them to death and the other was a kid that kept seeing a charcoal man whenever a murder occurred the no one else could see and didnt believe him. He was then suspected and accused of the murders by vigilantes, and in the end died, where after his brother froze at the end and people asked him what was wrong, and the reply was he had just seen for the first time caught a glimpse of the kid's charcoal man and the movie ended.