• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Splat!

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
That's the sound my apples make when they hit the ground.

We have a lovely, and very tall apple tree in the yard. The apples are always falling down. It seems, however, that the fall almost always causes them to break open, and the flies and bees take over almost immediately. Then they get gross quickly.

Other than getting on a huge ladder daily, is there a method for collecting apples so they're not ruined?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

We have a lovely, and very tall apple tree in the yard. The apples are always falling down. It seems, however, that the fall almost always causes them to break open, and the flies and bees take over almost immediately. Then they get gross quickly.

Other than getting on a huge ladder daily, is there a method for collecting apples so they're not ruined?
maybe you can lay down a tarpaulin to soften the fall for the apples?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

They're called with dreadful lack of creativity "apple grabbers". The internet is full of places to buy them and I think how to make them.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

There is a tool. Its type of cage on the end of a pole.

Here are some on etsy: Antique Apple Picker | Etsy

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

Later in the fall, go give it a really good trim on top, getting rid of all the high branches. It should still produce a lot. What do you do with them?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I would put little parachutes on them.

500_F_296231619_nGquZEFGmdq5YKvq4pwQeQ2lL7NtaMLE.jpg

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Have you tried collecting them from a shop? :)

I buy them from a local farm, typically, but I'd like a chance to use my own...

Later in the fall, go give it a really good trim on top, getting rid of all the high branches. It should still produce a lot. What do you do with them?

In the three years we've lived here, I've gotten one. It fell yesterday when I was outside, and surprisingly did not bust open. I picked it up and ate it.

I would put little parachutes on them.

I'd still have to get up there to do that...

Thanks all! I'll look into a net or apple picker... I'll check out the nursery to see if they have either.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

Teach Ares to stand under the tree and catch them as they fall?

Aside from asking the tree to bend down for you, that's all I got.