• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spiritually Unhealthy and Redemption

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
what should be the process for a mentally unhealthy person that is a threat to others or themselves?

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
What kind of "process" are you referring to? Mentally ill persons who pose a threat to themselves or others are usually placed in forced placement usually ordered by a judge.

In terms of religions, mentally ill individuals are as diverse as the general population is.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Mentally unhealthy: professional intervention, counselling, therapy, medication...

Spiritually unhealthy is not the same thing.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
what should be the process for a mentally unhealthy person that is a threat to others or themselves?
do you mean to ask......as in the next life?
would have allow the unstable to wander about?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
if life is eternal, there is no next life. may be a next form but no next life
ok....

but if you behave in this life as if you can't think straight
and show up at heaven's door...persistent in that frame of mind

would they not move to end your life?

in this life......your breathing was not brought on......by you
at the end of this life.....your breathing will stop

and I see no guarantee that your thought and feeling will continue

God and heaven can make choices

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Approximately 25% of the population suffer a mental illness at some time on their lives, there are several here on RF. The vast majority are no threat to anyone. But some can be a threat and as a general rule those people are hospitalised.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Approximately 25% of the population suffer a mental illness at some time on their lives, there are several here on RF. The vast majority are no threat to anyone. But some can be a threat and as a general rule those people are hospitalised.
unfortunately many end up in prison with no offer of positive treatment. negative reinforcement alone is used to treat the illness

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
unfortunately many end up in prison with no offer of positive treatment. negative reinforcement alone is used to treat the illness

I was going to add, it depends on the country, you highlighted the reason why i should have written a longer post but i don'tt have time right now.

Other than to say, perhaps in America the mental health services are not so good

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
In California such people were put in mental hospitals in the past. Now they roam the streets or even run for Congress and win.

I'm not sure they are better off now then they used to be.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
In California such people were put in mental hospitals in the past. Now they roam the streets or even run for Congress and win.

I'm not sure they are better off now then they used to be.
wrong rating. got tremors and working off a laptop. UGH

or they become presidents and create chaos

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
maybe hell is like a solitary confinement?
How do you know that hell exists at all? Perhaps the version of hell you are referring to is just a psychological archetype?
the self can no longer focus and project those thoughts outward. the self has to venture inward and the battle of armageddon ensues.
About this ^^. I don't know, tbh. :) You may be right.
track a ghost through the fog. thats what I thought. You'll never catch me.
Agreed.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
How do you know that hell exists at all? Perhaps the version of hell you are referring to is just a psychological archetype?
if hylozoism is true, then yes, everything is a state of mind.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
It's brain chemistry that is imbalanced. That's all mental illness is. The illness prevents healthy thought life. They would otherwise be of healthy mind. It would be immoral to judge a person based on their illness. The illness says nothing about what kind of person someone is.