• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spiritual Stars for Guidance

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace and blessings of Allah be on you...Hazrat Khalifatul Messiah (may Allah be his Helper) explained the verse from Holy Quran (ch9 : v100) : Translation: "And the foremost-ones of the lead-takers from among the Emigrants and the Helpers, and those who followed them with excellent practice, Allah is well pleased with them and they are well pleased with Him; and He has prepared for them Gardens beneath which flow rivers. They will abide therein forever. That is the supreme triumph."

In this verse, the Sahabah (companions) of Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) are mentioned, who outshined, who are at top in spiritual rank, who surpassed practitioners-of-belief. These are the people who accepted before everyone. They left their examples as models to emulate for those who came after them... Allah the Exalted has mentioned them as the imitate-able model for later-comers. He announced He is pleased with level of their Eman (belief) and their deeds. They too made to seek the pleasure of Allah the Exalted as the purpose of their life. They remained among the thankful servants of Allah the Exalted.

Allah the Exalted says, those people who shall continue to follow these models with Eman (belief) sincerely and loyally, they shall continue to do good deeds and they shall continue to get rewards from Him.

Allah the Exalted informed Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) about high station of Sahabah that, to follow his Sahabah has been made a mean to get guidance. A Hadith mentions that Hazrat Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) states, Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) said: I asked Allah the Exalted about the disagreement among my Sahabah, Allah the Exalted sent wahi (revelation) to me, O Muhammad! The status of your Sahabah, near Me, is like stars in sky. Some are brighter than others but Nur (light) is present in everyone. So who follow any of your Sahabi, he will be guided, according to Me.....Hazrat Umar also reported, Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) said, my Sahabah are like stars, if you will follow any of them, you will get guidance.

So, Allah the Exalted has granted this station to Sahabah of Holy Prophet (s.a.w.). Each one of them is torch-for-path for us.

About the Station and rank of Sahabah, and about Allah being pleased with them, and they being pleased with Allah, Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.) said: “Noble Sahabah showed such sincerity in the way of Allah the Exalted and His Messenger (s.a.w.) that the voice ‘raziallaho anhum wa razu anho' came to them. It is station of high degree which Sahabah received. That is, Allah the Exalted was pleased with them, and they were pleased with Allah the Exalted. The virtues and excellences of this station cannot be covered in words. To become pleased with Allah the Exalted is not work of (every) person but it is high station of tawakkal (trust) tabattal (devotion) raza (contentment) wa taslim (submission). By reaching where, human does not have any kind of shikwah shikayat (complaint) to his mola (Master). And Allah the Exalted’s being pleased with His servant depends on servant’s perfect sincerity and loyalty and high degree of pakizgi and taharat (purity) and perfect obedience. From which, it is known that Sahabah had covered all levels of marfat (spiritual awareness) and saluk (spiritual conduct)......You should make your heart clean so that mola karim (Gracious Allah) is pleased with you and you are pleased with Him. Then He will put blessing in your body (and) your talks.”

So Sahabah are model for us, if we have to get nearness of Allah the Exalted. Even if mutual differences are seen, Allah the Exalted has called them follow-able and bright star, it is said so.

Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) tells about station and rank of his Sahabah: Fear Allah the Exalted regarding my Sahabah. Do not make them target of taunting. The person who will love them, he will actually do so due to my love. And the person who will have malice towards them, he will have malice towards them because of malice toward me. And he who gave me grief, he gave grief to Allah the Exalted and he who gave Allah grief and displeased Him, it is obvious he is in clutches of Allah.

Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) said, Do not call bad names* to my companions. Do not criticize any of their measures-taken. By Allah, in Whose Hand my life is, even if you give charity equal to Uhud-mountain, yet you will not get reward-for-virtue and requital as they received by spending equal to one Mud (grain measure equal to 543 grams) or half of it.
(*Unfortunately some sects abuse Sahabah when criticizing each other.)

Thus these are the people whose station and rank is very high, they are model for us. We have to follow them if we have to get pleasure of God. Negative thought should not come to mind against any of them and bad should not be spoken too. We should not check someone’s level by our-made standard, it is wrong method.

More understanding about station and rank of Sahabah is given to us by Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.) : “It should be seen with justice that what life-sacrifices were done by Sahabah of our Perfect Guide (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) for their God and Messenger; they were exiled, suffered oppressions, bore various troubles, sacrificed lives. But continued to take steps with sincerity and loyalty. So what was that matter, which made them such jan-nisar (ready to even sacrifice own life). It was enthusiasm of true love for Allah, the ray of which, had fallen into their heart............

Reference and based on part of Friday sermon, 15 December, 2017, alislam.org, mta.tv