• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spiritual Milestones

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Has your spiritual walk in your life helped you overcome anything in your past? What I mean is, did you used to do things you're glad you don't do anymore, and your spirituality helped you overcome it?

Draka

Wonder Woman
I don't think my spirituality has helped me overcome things like that. My spirituality, finding my religion, I think saved my life. I was going through something extremely difficult and I was depressed and often entertained suicidal thoughts. Coming to Wicca gave me a new insight. A way of trying to balance myself out and a new way of looking at the trauma I had gone through and the loss I had endured. If I hadn't come to Wicca I have no idea where I'd be now. Or if I'd be alive. I also attribute my family to Wicca as well, as it was in a Wicca chatroom that I met Tim. Had I not met him I would not have my family I have now.

Mr Cheese

not sure...

I tend to think its just been a natural progression and expression of who I am

Overcome anything...I guess it helped me overcome the death of my mother....

but then again that could have just been the passing of time

Onkara

I have always been spiritual but it was not until my mid 20's I started to accept the possibility of a God. Recently I have had no doubt, but rather deciding on how to best include "religion" in my life has been the challenge. It was for expression of thoughts and fresh ideas from the community which has kept me here. Thanks to all!

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Outside of the normal milestones of life and my faith helping me through it, the only thing I can think of is when my oldest child was diagnosed with autism. It is hard to hear that your child is not normal and I was no exception. I started questioning God, asking Him why he gave me this child. But after a few years of downhill depression I began to see my son as a gift and not a burden. He will probably live with us for life or live with assisted living later on. But he is so special to me.
That is probably my biggest challenge spiritually.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
I think my spirituality helped me overcome being so hyperactive, like I was when I was a teenager. Meditation has helped me immensely. Also, following the dharma has made me more empathetic, it's made me care more about how my actions effect others.