• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spiritual Journey

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Spirtual Journey
In Search for the Center of Universe

Yusuf Islam (former Cat Stevens): The Journey

Even though it was terrific to be born in an age where comic-fiction, robots and even shiny white spaceships were coming true, it was odd how the human spirit still seemed as deep and mysterious as the vastly uncharted universe itself – and equally as borderless. So, setting out with great hope to find the secret source of happiness and success, I began my journey to the centre of the unknown. There were certainly lots of puzzles to solve.

Like a lot of kids, I had many questions that could not be easily answered. Looking enquiringly around at this wild new world into which I had landed, the road of life was obviously not without certain pitfalls and dangers; the Second World War had just ended and millions of people had been killed - but for what? Sometimes, staring out of the window into the vastness of the deep black night I would wonder, 'Where does the sky end?' The thought of death frightened me. 'What came afterwards?' My mind could not penetrate beyond the veil of darkness. Was I alone?

"In the blackness of the night"

In the blackness of the night

I seem to wander endlessly
With a hope burning out deep inside
I'm a fugitive; community has driven me out
For this bad, bad world I’m beginning to doubt
I'm alone and there is no one by my side
I see a shadow passing by
From the heels of an old soldier boy.
There's no compromising
And his eyes are black as the sky
For this bad, bad world he is going to die.
He's alone and there is no one by his side
I see a sparkle of a star
From the sweet silver tear of a child
And she's clutching at a photograph of long, long ago
When her parents were happy she was too young to know
She's alone and there is no one by her side
I'm alone and there is no one by my side
I seem to wander endlessly
With a hope burning out deep inside
I'm a fugitive; community has driven me out
For this bad, bad world I’m beginning to doubt
I'm alone, and there is no one by my side

BLACKNESS OF THE NIGHT
But now behold, in the quick forge, and working house of thought, how London doth pour out her citizens
(William Shakespeare)
To be continued..

Last edited:

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Like galaxies, bright and sparkling with life, for me, it was like that being born at the heart of London’s Theatre district, the West End, a sort of ‘fantasy land’ full of coffee bars, shops, theatres and cinemas. Observing the world was like looking through a store window, glittering with stardust. At one end of my road stood Piccadilly’s Eros, a symbol of that whirling, colourful scene of vibrant activity. Opportunities were all around me.

Perhaps, like most new-borns starting out in life, I felt I was the centre of the universe. But there were serious problems facing me. My identity was still rather unclear: my Father was from Cyprus, my Mother was from Sweden, and our dominant culture at home was British. To add to that, my mother was originally from a Baptist background, my Father was Greek Orthodox, and I went to a local Roman Catholic School in Drury Lane. So I was forced very early on to be open-minded.

I remember looking at the choices given to me. Religion was constantly making me feel guilty, warning me about immorality and dangers of this fleshly life. These were represented in clear pictorial terms by the Devil, depicted with two horns; the temptation of Adam and Eve and the forbidden fruit; and Jesus suffering on the Cross, representing the key to salvation. But balancing those kinds of fearful images with the zappy, fun-filled entertainment that was taking place outside the doors of the Church, well…the centre of the universe for me was not in Religion - it was probably closer to the city streets and arcades.
"Lovely city when do you laugh?"

Lovely city, when do you laugh?
Stoney people, what do you have?
Well, you ride around on a bright shiny cloud
And you think that you've found true happiness
There's no method in your mind
And your tempers are kind
Is it too much to ask to give it a rest?
I'm a part of you, you don't wanna be
I'm an unexpected visitor who's dropped in for tea
But I’m not so low you don't even know that I’m here
You can't even see

LOVELY CITY (WHEN DO YOU LAUGH?)

To be continued..

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
My father was a hard-working man; at the end of every day, he would stand at the café’s old baroque till, counting the pounds, pennies and halfpennies. He taught us the value of having enough food on the table and discouraged waste. Dad had come a long way from his native village, Tala, situated on a hill overlooking the ancient coastal city of Paphos in Southern Cyprus. He grew up in a household where even a pair of shoes was considered a luxury, but my father was never ashamed of his humble background. 'Money doesn't grow on trees!' he never tired of reminding us.

Dad gave me a job in the Restaurant after school as a waiter, so I learnt to earn my pocket money from the tips given by customers. It was also here that I first realised - like my father must have done - that serving the public well can often be highly rewarding.

“And they've been working all day, all day, all day!”

Up at eight, you can't be late
For Matthew & son, he won't wait.
Watch them run down to platform one
And the eight-thirty train to Matthew & son.
Matthew & son, the work's never done,
there's always something new.
The files in your head, you take them to bed,
you're never ever through.
And they've been working all day, all day, all day!
There's a five-minute break and that's all you take,
For a cup of cold coffee and a piece of cake.
Matthew & son, the work's never done,
there's always something new.
The files in your head, you take them to bed,
you're never ever through.
He's got people who've been working for fifty years
No one asks for more money cuz nobody cares
Even though they're pretty low and their rent's in arrears
Matthew & son, Matthew & son,
Matthew & son, Matthew & son,

MATTHEW & SONRise above time and space, pass by the world, and be yourself your own world.(Shabistari)

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
My best friend, Andy, and I would often play together around the bombed ruins that littered parts of the city, frequently strewn with broken glass, mud and smashed bricks. But our favourite escapade was to go out late evenings and dangerously scale the local buildings, climbing high up onto the rooftops. From those heights we'd gaze at the noisy city below, undeclared secret champions of London's skyline.

Everything in this society was geared towards 'making it'. The American image of the good life was projected everywhere: films and television were just flooding in. The emphasis was to be on top: get rich, be young, healthy, wealthy and street-wise. Indeed I was - and roof-wise as well! I wanted to be an artist, a cartoonist. Then I found out that Van Gogh, one of my favourite painters, died poor and earless, and I realised that perhaps this wasn’t quite the life for me. There was a need for something a little bit more instant – a fast track.

Suddenly there came the big music boom of Merseyside and the Beatles - British Pop had arrived. Gravity had shifted; it was now in U.K. Suddenly there was a big window of opportunity for us youngsters. So I picked up a guitar, chose the name Cat Stevens, and started writing. It wasn't long before I had my first couple of hit records; my name and photo was splashed all over the media and I was on the road - at the grand old age of eighteen!

“The view from the top can be oh, so very lonely?”

The view from the top can be oh so very lonely
And you can be missing such a lot that could be yours
Why can't I stop forgetting myself?
Why am I always trying to be like somebody else
Why can't I love you?
Why bother flying high above you
I know where you are
And you can be missin' such a lot that could be yours
And who's going to miss me?
There’ll only be myself to blame
You know I'd love to hold you tight
And love you all the night
But I don't even know my name
Why can't I stop forgetting myself?
Why am I always trying to be like somebody else?
Why can't I love you?
Why bother flying high above you
I know where you are
And you can be missin' such a lot that could be yours
THE VIEW FROM THE TOP

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
I was now supposed to be one of the glamorous elite, cheerfully enjoying the ‘high life’. The public expected me to live up to this image so resorting to intoxicants was the only way for me to overcome my insecurity and shyness. I seriously lost control: staying up late, drinking, partying, smoking endless cigarettes. Within a year I found myself in hospital lying on my back sick with Tuberculosis. The pop business was whizzing past me and I was left there to think: 'What happened?'

Soon I became aware of my own mortality and the inevitability of death. Lying there, in a Sussex hospital deep in the country, surrounded by doctors, a lot of important questions came into my mind. That was a very important stage of my life. At that time there was a great interest in things eastern, things transcendental: so I turned towards Peace and Flower Power. Somebody had given me a copy of a Buddhist book called 'The Secret Path'. That was the beginning of my ardent search for answers - clear answers, about the meaning of our existence and where it was all leading.

I started meditating; and so the centre of the universe at that time was levitating somewhere around the proximity of my belly button. I covered all the mirrors in my hospital room with paper and tried to forget the outwardness of this world and focus on my inner self. It wasn’t long before I had grown a beard.

"There’s so much left to know"

Well I left my happy home
to see what I could find out
I left my folk and friends
with the aim to clear my mind out
Well I hit the rowdy road and many kinds I met there
Many stories told me of the way to get there
So on and on I go, the seconds tick the time out
There's so much left to know,
And I’m on the road to find out
Well in the end I’ll know, but on the way I wonder
Through descending snow,
And through the frost and thunder
I listen to the wind come howl,
Telling me I have to hurry
I listen to the robin's song saying not to worry
So on and on I go, the seconds tick the time out
And I’m on the road to Findout
Then I found myself alone; hopin' someone would miss me
Thinking about my home, and the last woman to kiss me, kiss me
But sometimes you have to moan
When nothing seems to suit your
But nevertheless you know you're locked towards the future
So on and on you go, the seconds tick the time out
And I’m on the road to Findout
Then I found my head one day when I wasn't even trying
And here I have to say, 'cause there is no use in lying, lying
Yes the answer lies within, so why not take a look now?
Kick out the devil's sin, pick up, pick up a good book now

ON THE ROAD TO FIND OUT
The world is a place of transition, full of examples; be pilgrims therein, and take warning from the traces of those that have gone before.
(Jesus Christ)

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
After that period of convalescence and regaining my health, I came back to writing. A lot of my songs were now much more reflective and deeply personalised - less ‘poppy’. I’d left the days of ‘Here Comes My Baby’ and was now looking for that mystic peace. The kind of songs I was writing about were questions that remained with me and which were persistently knocking at my conscience. I started to design my own album covers, painting mostly in the eastern European style of the naive artists. There were various styles and techniques but essentially, I was more concerned with the painting of words and the messages they were giving out.
This was just beginning of my search to discover the conscious self within me. Like a newborn, my soul was thirsty for the primary milk of understanding.
“I listen to the wind, to the wind of my soul”

I listen to the wind
To the wind of my soul
Where I’ll end up well I think,
Only god really knows
I've sat upon the setting sun
But never, never never never
I never wanted water once
No, never, never, never
I listen to my words but
They fall far below
I let my music take me where
My heart wants to go
I swam upon the devil's lake
But never, never, never, never,
I'll never make the same mistake
No, never, never, never
THE WIND

Those who have once begun their heavenward pilgrimage may not go down again to darkness and the journey beneath the earth, but they live in light always. (Plato)

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
My second career took off in a way we never expected, especially in the States. This happened at a time when there was a broad appreciation for more gentle, reflective songs. These were the blossoming 70's, and the whole thing suddenly skyrocketed. Throughout the whole experience, one of the most important aspects - emphasised in my lyrics, particularly - was a sense of ‘journey’.

Religious images were still very strong in my mind. I knew there was a difference between right and wrong, but was passionately opposed to ritual and dogma; I didn’t like the idea of being told exactly what to do and I was looking for a more flexible, spiritual way. Then I wrote ‘Peace Train’. Where it would actually end up? No one knew. The train was just rolling on ‘the edge of darkness’. That was the peace movement; the spiritual track many of my generation and I was on.

“Peace train, sounding louder”

Now I’ve been happy lately,
Thinking about the good things to come
And I believe it could be, something good has begun
Oh I’ve been smiling lately,
dreaming about the world as one
And I believe it could be, some day it's going to come
Cause out on the edge of darkness, there rides a peace train
Oh peace train take this country, come take me home again
Now I’ve been smiling lately,
thinking about the good things to come
And I believe it could be, something good has begun
Oh peace train sounding louder
Glide on the peace train
Come on now peace train
Yes, peace train holy roller
Everyone jump upon the peace train
Come on now peace train
Get your bags together; go bring your good friends too
Cause it's getting nearer, it soon will be with you
Now come and join the living, it's not so far from you
And it's getting nearer; soon it will all be true
Glide on the peace train
Come on now peace train
Yes, peace train
Now I’ve been crying lately,
thinking about the world as it is
Why must we go on hating, why can't we live in bliss?
Cause out on the edge of darkness, there rides a peace train
Oh peace train take this country, come take me home again
Glide on the peace train
Come on now peace train
Yes, peace train holy roller
Everyone jump upon the peace train
Come on, come on, come on!
Yes come on peace train
Yes it’s the peace train
Come on now peace train
O Peace train

PEACE TRAIN
I started studying different religions: I looked into Zen Buddhism, Hinduism and other forms of eastern mysticism. As time went on I decided to look back into my Greek heritage and came across Pythagoras. Perhaps, I suspected, he had the right answer and everything can be worked out through some formula; it is all just one amazing mathematical puzzle. After all, scientists always looked for correlations and sequences to explain and predict events in the world of existence.

A simple nomad was once asked, “What is the evidence of the existence of a Supreme Being?” He answered, “Droppings indicate the existence of camels; footprints are evidences of a walker; and yet when a heaven with constellations and an earth with mountain passes is presented before us, is this not evidence of an Exalted and All-Powerful God?” There are indications everywhere; the truth might be screaming out, but the noise of daily life makes it difficult to hear.

I’d looked at Astrology; and threw the I-Ching, everything that you’d expect from those kinds of days and that kind of era. But I still wasn’t satisfied; there were still major doubts. Later I came in touch with Sufism and read some poems of the Muslim poet, Rumi:
Hearken to this Reed forlorn,
Breathing, even since ‘twas torn
From its rushy bed, a strain
Of impassioned love and pain
“The secret of my song, though near,
None can see and none can hear.
Oh, for a friend to know the sign
And mingle all his soul with mine!
‘Tis the flame of Love that fired me,
‘Tis the wine of Love inspired me.
Woudst thou learn how lovers bleed,
Hearken, hearken to the Reed!”
( Jalaluddin Rumi)

I was very impressed, but still wasn’t there. In a rather strange way, I was trying to find out the truth and shrink my ego whilst still being projected as an icon. That, of course, wasn't easy. But music was clearly illustrating my journey.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Think that you suffer a great punishment when you obtain the object of corporeal desire; for the attainment of such objects never satisfies desire. (Sextus, the Pythagorean)
One of the most dominant views of man is the material view. The motto of this concept is ‘Eat, drink and be merry.’ The problem was that I had eaten, I had drunk – but still wasn’t merry.

Living a fairly recluse existence; after playing to 40,000 fans in massive sports stadiums, I would return to a hotel room or fly back to my bare, unfurnished flat in Rio. The more success I achieved, the more I tried to hide myself away, frightened of losing that most precious gift, that mysterious lamp that was guiding me along the unseen path.

In Rio I lived alone, unable to even converse with the lady who cooked and kept the place clean; she only spoke Portuguese. I really felt isolated and it hurt for a long time, recalling the loneliness back in the beginning when I was trying to be Cat Stevens – the Star! The guy that was incredibly famous, lucky and wrote smart things. But basically, I still hadn’t discovered who I was and my earth-time was running out.
"You’re only dancing on this earth for a short while"

Oh very young
What will you leave us this time
You're only dancing on this earth for a short while
And though your dreams may toss and turn you now
They will vanish away like your daddy's best jeans
Denim Blue fading up to the sky
And though you want them to last forever
You know they never will
You know they never will
And the patches make the goodbye harder still
Oh very young
There'll never be a better chance to change your mind
And if you want this world to see a better day
Will you carry the words of love with you
Will you ride the great white bird into heaven
And though you want to last forever
You know you never will
You know you never will
And the goodbye makes the journey harder still
Oh very young
You're only dancing on this earth for a short while
Oh very young

OH VERY YOUNG
Hark, O drop, give thyself up without repenting, that in recompense for the drop thou mayst gain the ocean. (Jalaluddin Rumi)
One of the incidents which happened to me turned out to be a major turning point, although I didn't realise it at the time. I was somewhere in Malibu, which is in the Los Angeles area, the famous strip of beach where millionaires live. I was at the house of my record chief, Jerry Moss, and decided to take a dip in the ocean that particular day. Unknown to me, of course, this was a very dangerous time to go for a swim. I didn't realise when I looked out that there was nobody else around in the sea that day. Nevertheless, I went in. After swimming for a while, I’d had enough and tried to return back to the beach. That was when I realised this was the wrong time to go swimming. I felt the current moving me out and away from the shore. My body was absolutely powerless. I saw my manager standing there thinking everything was all right, but I couldn’t communicate to him. Finally, in a split second, I realised this may be the end; with no help in sight I shouted out, "O God, if you save me, I'll work for you!" and at that moment, a wave came from behind me and pushed me forward. Suddenly, with all the energy that I needed, I was swimming back to land and within a few minutes, I was there: safe and alive. That was a moment of truth.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Each day mankind nervously discovers a new secret in the structure of material universe: another clue to the ever-enlarging picture of life; yet another confirmation indicating the existence of Unseen Intelligence behind the intricately mysterious worlds and galaxies he observes. Nevertheless, each day man is easily upset by little incidents beyond his control, he still feels hurt if someone pushes him; human weaknesses have not changed in the slightest. The ultimate mystery remains; the question of death evades man’s logic and he is left waiting at the station without so much as a timetable.
“Rivalry in worldly increase distracts you
Until you visit the graves.
Nay, but you will come to know!
Nay, but again you will come to know!
Nay, would that you knew with certainty
Of knowledge… "

(The Qur'an, Al Takathur)

And then that amazing thing happened. My elder brother visited Jerusalem; he bravely went into the Mosque of Al Aqsa situated at the centre of the Holy City, opposite the Golden Domed Mosque. Inside, he felt something very special.

When my brother came back to UK in 1976 there was a Festival of Islam taking place in London, everywhere were books about Islam. He saw the Qur’an in the bookshop and he said ‘That’s the Bible of the Muslims’. So, he decided to buy it and give it to me as a gift.

When I started to read the Qur’an, the first thing that I did was to try and keep an open mind because there were so many preconceived images already built up within me. Many are the times I’d visited my favourite spiritual bookshop in LA, called the Bhodi Tree, but never had I even bothered to look at the Islam bookshelf before. Perhaps that was because my father belonged to a Greek-Cypriot culture and, therefore, anything connected to Muslims was hostile to me.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
But the more I read the Qur’an, the more it struck me, deep down. This was not quite that foreign religion which I had come to expect. First and foremost it was talking about belief in God, the Master of the universe; talking about humanity as one family. It mentioned many prophets, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad included, being brothers equally teaching the same message of unity to mankind, and all of us being the offspring of Adam and Eve.

"The innocent are here"

In the daytime time for celebration
No use looking down if it's over here
It's a world a new creation
And the golden light of the morning
Makes it easy to comb your hair
And the love of a child
It's the time of the year
In the daytime you can move a mountain
With a blink of your eye
Now it's over here now it's over there
It's a world with no complications
And the curtains on the window
Start blowing like your hair
And the love that I feel
Cause it's the time of the year
Mysterious moon found me crying in the dark
Heard my footsteps on the stairs
Mysterious moon found me crying
But the sun dried my tears
Showed he cares
In the daytime time for celebration
No use looking down children open your eyes
It's a world a whole nation
Now the white boats have landed
And the innocent are here
So dream for the child
Cause it's the time of the year

DAYTIME

After a while I read the chapter called ‘Joseph’ (Yusuf). My life seemed to melt into a mirror of this story. Up to then I too, like Joseph, had passed through many stages and been sold in the market. The section of the story that really shook me was when his brothers, who had thrown him down the well, were face to face with him. Unaware that Joseph was in front of them, they were talking badly about him, slandering him. But he kept it within himself. God! Something resonated inside me, perhaps it was those words I wrote in Father and Son: “All the times that I’ve cried, keeping all the things I knew inside”. At that point, I wept. That chapter opened my heart.
On a winter Friday in 1977, I took that dramatic step and walked to the Mosque in London’s Regent’s Park to declare my faith. Out of the greenery of the trees, there shone this golden dome which was never there before. That was in a way the epitome of everything that I was now discovering: suddenly it was there – where it wasn't there before.

“Yesterday Has Past”

Don't you feel a change a coming
from another side of time
breaking down the walls of silence
lifting shadows from your mind
Placing back the missing mirrors
that before you couldn't find
filling mysteries of emptiness
that yesterday left behind
And we all know it's better
Yesterday has past
now let's all start the living
for the one that's going to last
And we all know it's better
Yesterday has past
now let's all start the living
for the one that's going to last
Don't you feel the day is coming
that will stay and remain
when your children see the answers
that you saw the same
when the clouds have all gone
there will be no more rain
and the beauty of all things
is uncovered again
Don't you feel the day is coming
and it won't be too soon
when the people of the world
can all live in one room
when we shake off the ancient
shake off the ancient chains of our tomb
we will all be born again
of the eternal womb

CHANGES IV

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
I was still making records but - like Moses and the magicians - the Truth ultimately had to win. Interestingly, there wasn’t anything in the Qur’an directly mentioning music; it didn’t say music was forbidden. But there were many things that were forbidden or clearly immoral such as fornication, drunkenness, false idols, competition, greed and selfishness among other things. Then I started to analyse. ‘Hang-on,’ I thought to myself, ‘the music business is full of that stuff, how can you really develop and get closer to the Angels if you stay in that kind of an environment?’ For me, I found it very difficult.
At last, when I got a chance to escape from the limelight - I grabbed it. The only real regret I have, is that the link that existed between those who listened to my songs and me ceased to exist. For a long time I lost that privileged link of communication by cutting myself off from the music business. But it was very difficult to stay on the straight path, firmly on your feet amidst all the commercialism and the hype of rock star existence.
And those who disbelieve say of the Truth when it has come unto them, ‘This is naught else than plain magic! (The Qur'an, Sheba)
“What kind of power?”

What kind of power,
What kind of demon is this?
Who kicks me out in shame?
With every word he says
What kind of majik of majiks.
What kind of war is this?
That I can't fight no more
That leaves me weaponless,
And nails me to the floor
What kind of power, of powers.
What kind of man -
Can make me turn and see
The way I really am.
Oh tell me who, oh who?
Where have my brothers gone,
Why I don't see them about
They're all around him now.
And keeping me out
What kind of madness, of madness
"Go on and let him in, he's only asking for
A simple job to do and nothing more" they said.
But looking back
I see this stranger had the key
To any door he wished, with his eyes I say.
What kind of majiks, of majiks
What kind of man -
Can make me turn and see the way I really am.
Oh tell me who, oh who?
A simple job to do and nothing more" they said.
"Go on and let him in."
A simple job to do and nothing more."
But looking back
I see this stranger had the key
To any door.
MAJIK OF MAJIKS
And to God belong the east and the west. So wherever you [might] turn, there is the Face of God. Indeed, God is all Encompassing, and Knowing (The Qur'an, Al Baqarah)
In 1980 I had the privilege to fulfil one of my Islamic obligations, to visit Makkah during the blessed month of Pilgrimage. Lo and Behold! I had come to the Centre of the Universe, where the physical and metaphysical worlds meet. I was floating in that wonderful sea of humanity, turning like stars in a galaxy, around the house of God, built by Prophet Abraham and his son Ismail - submitters to God - two and a half thousand years ago. The central monolithic structure, the ‘Ka’bah’, was a sublimely simple cube shaped building made of rough stones. And it was empty. God Almighty can not be fitted into a house! I had at last found that dimension where human existence ceases to be held by the gravitation of sensual and worldly desires, where the soul is freed in an atmosphere of obedience and peaceful submission to the Divine Presence: La Baik, “Here I am O God, Here I am.”
God is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The similitude of his light is as a niche wherein is a lamp; the lamp is within a glass; the glass is as were a pearly white star, lit from a blessed olive tree neither of the east nor west, whose oil would almost glow forth of itself, though no fire touched it. Light upon Light, God guides to his Light whom He chooses. And God propounds to mankind parables. And God of all things is Knowing. (The Qur'an, Al Noor)
When the light of God shines, the human light sets. (Philo)

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
I discovered that the human soul does not live only by means of material success and acclaim, it needs contentment, which actually requires a person to be normal sized. Stardom is not normal; everything has to be bigger and be better, you have to be competitive. Getting out of that race, quite frankly, is what I did. I was given a chance to find my own way to happiness; each person must choose whichever road he or she wishes to follow. But if people knew more about this particular path to the Centre of the Universe, then I believe that there would be much more understanding and unity in this world.
Be indifferent to the life of the world and God will love you; and be indifferent to what people possess and the people will love you.
(The Last Prophet Muhammad pbuh)
“God is the Light, Everlasting”

How great the wonders of the heavens
And the timeless beauty of the night
How great - then how great the Creator?
And its stars like priceless jewels
Far beyond the reach of kings
Bow down for the shepherd guiding him home.
But how many eyes are closed to the wonder of this night?
Like pearls, hidden, deep beneath a dark stream of desires.
But like dreams vanish with the call to prayer
And the dawn extinguishes night - here too are signs
God is the Light
God is the Light
How great the beauty of the earth and the creatures
Who dwell on her
How great -- then how great the Creator?
As it's mountains pierce the clouds
High about the lives of men
Weeping rivers for thousands of years
But how many hearts are closed
To the wonders of this sight?
Like birds in a cage, asleep with closed wings
But as work stops with the call to prayer
And the birds recite - here too are signs
God is the Light
God is the Light
How great the works of man and the things he makes
How great -- then how great the Creator?
Though he strives to reach the heavens
He can barely survive
The wars of the world he lives in
Yet how many times he's tried, himself to immortalise?
Like his parents before him in the Garden of Eden
But like the sun sets with the call to prayer
And surrenders to the night here too are signs
God is the Light Everlasting

GOD IS THE LIGHT
The end

Last edited:

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Now_Then.jpg

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
The Conversion Story of Yusuf Estes, US Federal Prison Chaplain

The amazing tale of how an American former "born again" Christian and his father, both ordained ministers, plus their friend, a Catholic priest, all became convinced of the truth of Islam.

Many people ask me how a preacher or priest in Christianity can ever go to Islam, especially considering all the negative things that we hear about Islam and Muslims everyday. I would like to thank everyone for their interest and offer my humble story, God Willing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was born into a very strong Christian family in the Midwest. Our family and their ancestors not only built the churches and schools across this land, but actually were the same ones who came here in the first place. While I was still in elementary we relocated in Houston, Texas in 1949 (I'm old). We attended church regularly and I was baptized at the age of 12 in Pasadena, Texas. As a teenager, I wanted to visit other churches to learn more of their teachings and beliefs. The Baptists, Methodists, Episcopalians, Charismatic movements, Nazarene, Church of Christ, Church of God, Church of God in Christ, Full Gospel, Agape, Catholic, Presbyterian and many more. I developed quite a thirst for the "Gospel" or as we say; "Good News." My research into religion did not stop with Christianity. Not at all. Hinduism, Judaism, Buddhism, Metaphysics, native American beliefs were all a part of my studies. Just about the only one that I did not look into seriously was "Islam". Why? Good question.

Anyway, I became very interested in different types of music, especially Gospel and Classical. Because my whole family was religious and musical it followed that I too would begin my studies in both areas. All this set me for the logical position of Music Minister in many of the churches that I became affiliated with over the years. I started teaching keyboard instruments in 1960 and by 1963 owned my own studios in Laurel, Maryland, called "Estes Music Studios."

Over the next 30 years my father and I worked together in many business projects. We had entertainment programs, shows and attractions. We opened piano and organ stores all the way from Texas and Oklahoma to Florida. I made millions of dollars in those years, but could not find the peace of mind that can only come through knowing the truth and finding the real plan of salvation. I'm sure you have asked yourself the question; "Why did God create me?" or "What is it that God wants me to do?" or "Exactly who is God, anyway?" "Why do we believe in 'original sin?" and "Why would the sons of Adam be forced to accept his 'sins' and then as a result be punished forever. But if you asked anyone these questions, they would probably tell you that you have to believe without asking, or that it is a 'mystery' and you shouldn't ask.

And then there is the concept of the 'Trinity.' If I would ask preachers or ministers to give me some sort of an idea how 'one' could figure out to become 'three' or how God Himself, Who can do anything He Wills to do, cannot just forgive people's sins, but rather and had to become a man, come down on earth, be a human, and then take on the sins of all people. Keeping in mind that all along He is still God of the whole universe and does as He Wills to do, both in and outside of the universe as we know it.

to be continued ...

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Then one day in 1991, I came to know that the Muslims believed in the Bible. I was shocked. How could this be? But that's not all, they believe in Jesus as:
* a true messenger of God; * prophet of God; * miracle birth without human intervention; * he was the 'Christ' or Messiah as predicted in the Bible; * he is with God now and most important; * He will be coming back in the Last Days to lead the believers against the 'Antichrist.'

This was too much for me. Especially since the evangelists that we used to travel around with all hated Muslims and Islam very much. They even said things that were not true to make people afraid of Islam. So, why would I want anything to do with these people?

My father was very active in supporting church work, especially church school programs. He became and ordained minister in the 1970s. He and his wife (my stepmother) knew many of the TV evangelists and preachers and even visited Oral Roberts and helped in the building of the "Prayer Tower" in Tulsa, OK. They also were strong supporters of Jimmy Swaggart, Jim and Tammy Fae Bakker, Jerry Fallwell, John Haggi and the biggest enemy to Islam in America, Pat Robertson.

Dad and his wife worked together and were most active in recording "Praise" tapes and distributing them for free to people in retirement homes, hospitals and homes for the elderly. And then in 1991 he began doing business with a man from Egypt and told me that he wanted me to meet him. This idea appealed to me when I thought about the idea of having an international flavor. You know, the pyramids, sphinx, Nile River and all that. Then my father mentioned that this man was a 'Moslem.' I couldn't believe my ears. A 'Moslem?' No way. I reminded my dad of the various different things that we had heard about these people, how they are; terrorists; hijackers; kidnappers; bombers and who knows what else? Not to mention that: they don't believe in God; they kiss the ground five times a day and they worship a black box in the desert.

No. I did not want to meet this 'Moslem' man. No way.

My father insisted that I meet him and reassured me that he was a very nice person. So, I gave in and agreed to the meeting. But on my terms. I agreed to meet him on a Sunday after church so we would be all prayed up and in good standing with the Lord. I would be carrying my Bible under my arm as usual. I would have my big shiny cross dangling and I would have on my cap which says: "Jesus is Lord" right across the front. My wife and two young daughters came along and we were ready for our first encounter with the 'Moslems.'

When I came into the shop and asked my father where the 'Moslem' was, he pointed and said: "He's right over there." I was confused. That couldn't be the Moslem. No way.

I'm looking for a huge man with flowing robes and big turban on his head, a beard half way down his shirt and eyebrows that go all the way across his forehead.

This man had no beard. In fact, he didn't even have any hair on his head at all. He was very close to bald. And he was very pleasant with a warm welcome and handshake. This didn't make sense. I thought they are terrorists and bombers. What is this all about?

Never mind. I'll get right to work on this guy. He needs to be 'saved' and me and the Lord are going to do it. So, after a quick introduction, I asked him:
"Do you believe in God?" He said: "Yes." (Good!) Then I said: "Do you believe in Adam and Eve?" He said: "Yes." I said: "What about Abraham? You believe in him and how he tried to sacrifice his son for God?" He said: "Yes." Then I asked: "What about Moses?" Again he said: "Yes." Then: "What about the other prophets, David, Solomon and John the Baptist?" He said: "Yes." I asked: "Do you believe in the Bible?" Again, he said: "Yes." So, now it was time for the big question: "Do you believe in Jesus? That he was the Christ of God?" Again the said: "Yes."

Well, now, this was going to be easier than I had thought. He was just about ready to be baptized only he didn't know it. And I was just the one to do it, too. I was winning souls to the Lord day after day and this would be a big achievement for me, to catch one of these 'Moslems' and 'convert' him to Christianity. I asked him if he liked tea and he said he did. So off we went to a little shop in the mall to sit and talk about my favorite subject: Beliefs. While we sat in that little coffee shop for hours talking (I did most of the talking) I came to know that he was very nice, quiet and even a bit shy. He listened attentively to every word that I had to say and did not interrupt even one time. I liked this man's way and thought that he had definite potential to become a good Christian. Little did I know the course of events about to unravel in front of my eyes.

First of all, I agreed with my father that we should do business with this man and even encouraged the idea of him traveling along with me on my business trips across the northern part of Texas. Day after day we would ride together and discuss various issues pertaining to different beliefs that people have. And along the way, I could of course interject some of my favorite radio programs of worship and praise to help bring the message to this poor individual. We talked about the concept of God; the meaning of life; the purpose of creation; the prophets and their mission and how God reveals His Will to mankind. We also shared a lot of personal experiences and ideas as well.

to be continued...

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
One day I came to know that my friend Mohamed was going to move out of the home he have been sharing with a friend of his and was going to be living in the mosque for a time. I went to my dad and asked him if we could invite Mohamed to come out to our big home in the country and stay there with us. After all, he could share some of the work and some expenses and he would be right there when we were ready to go to out traveling around. My father agreed and Mohamed moved in.

Of course I still would find time to visit my fellow preachers and evangelists around the state of Texas. One of them lived on the Texas -- Mexico border and another lived near lived Oklahoma border. One preacher liked to a huge wooden cross that was bigger than a car. He would carry it over his shoulder and drag the bottom on the ground and go down the road or freeway hauling these two beams formed in the shape of a cross. People would stop their cars and come over to him and ask him what was going on and he would give them pamphlets and booklets on Christianity.

One day my friend with the cross had a heart attack and had to go to the Veterans Hospital where he stayed for quite a long while. I used to visit him in the hospital several times a week and I would take Mohamed with me with the hopes that we could all share together in the subject of beliefs and religions. My friend was not very impressed and it was obvious that he did not want to know anything about Islam. Then one day a man who was sharing the room with my friend came rolling into the room in his wheelchair. I went to him and asked him his name and he said that it didn't matter and when I asked him where he was from he said he was from the planet Jupiter. I thought about what he said and then began to wonder if I was in the cardiac ward or the mental ward.

I knew the man was lonely and depressed and needed someone in his life. So, I began to 'witness' to him about the Lord. I read to him out of the book of Jonah in the Old Testament. I shared the story of the prophet Jonah who had been sent by the Lord to call his people to the correct way. Jonah had left his people and escaped by boat to leave his city and head out to sea. A storm came up and the ship almost capsized and the people on board threw Jonah over the side of the ship. A whale came up to the surface and grabbed Jonah, swallowed him and then went down to the bottom of the sea, where he stayed for 3 days and 3 nights. Yet because of God's Mercy, He caused the whale to rise to the surface and then spit Jonah out to return back home safely to his city of Nineveh. And the idea was that we can't really run away from our problems because we always know what we have done. And what is more, God also always knows what we have done.

After sharing this story with the man in the wheel chair, he looked up and me and apologized. He told me he was sorry for his rude behavior and that he had experienced some real serious problems recently. Then he said that he wanted to confess something to me. And I said that I was not a Catholic priest and I don't handle confessions. He replied back to me that he knew that. In fact, he said: "I am a Catholic priest." I was shocked. Here I had been trying to preach Christianity to a priest. What in the world was happening here? The priest began to share his story of being a missionary for the church for over 12 years to south and Central America and Mexico and even in New York's 'Hell's Kitchen.' When he was released from the hospital he needed a place to go to recover and rather than let him go to stay with a Catholic family, I told my dad that we should invite him to come out and live with us in the country along with our families and Mohamed. It was agreed by all that he would so, he moved out right away.

During the trip out to our home, I talked with the priest about some of the concepts of beliefs in Islam and to my surprise he agreed and then shared even more about this with me. I was shocked when he told me that Catholic priests actually study Islam and some even carry doctors degrees in this subject. This was all very enlightening to me. But there was still a lot more to come.

After settling in, we all began to gather around the kitchen table after dinner every night to discuss religion. My father would bring his King James Version of the Bible, I would bring out my Revised Standard Version of the Bible, my wife had another version of the Bible (maybe something like Jimmy Swaggart's 'Good News For Modern Man." The priest of course, had the Catholic Bible which has 7 more books in it that the Protestant Bible. So we spent more time talking about which Bible was the right one or the most correct one, than we did trying to convince Mohamed about becoming a Christian.

At one point I recall asking him about the Quran and how many versions of it there were in the last 1,400 years. He told me that there was only ONE QURAN. And that it had never been changed. Yet he let me know that the Quran had been memorized by hundreds of thousands of people, in it's entirety and were scattered about the earth in many different countries. Over the centuries since the Quran was revealed millions have memorized it completely and have taught it to others who have memorized it completely, from cover to cover, letter perfect without mistakes.

This did not seem possible to me. After all, the original languages of the Bible have all been dead languages for centuries and the documents themselves have been lost in their originals for hundreds and thousands of years. So, how could it be that something like this could be so easy to preserve and to recite from cover to cover.

Anyway, one day the priest asked the Mohamed if he might accompany him to the mosque to see what it was like there. They came back talking about their experience there and we could not wait to ask the priest what it was like and what all types of ceremonies they performed. He said they didn't really 'do' anything. They just came and prayed and left. I said: "They left? Without any speeches or singing?" He said that was right.

A few more days went by and the Catholic priest asked Mohamed if he might join him again for a trip to the mosque which they did. But this time it was different. They did not come back for a very long time. It became dark and we worried that something might have happened to them. Finally they arrived and when they came in the door I immediately recognized Mohamed, but who was this alongside of him? Someone wearing a white robe and a white cap. Hold on a minute! It was the priest. I said to him: "Pete? -- Did you become a 'Moslem?' He said that he had entered into Islam that very day. THE PRIEST BECAME A MUSLIM!! What next? (You'll see).

to be continued ...

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
So, I went upstairs to think things over a bit and began to talk to my wife about the whole subject. She then told me that she too was going to enter into Islam, because she knew it was the truth. I was really shocked now. I went downstairs and woke up Mohamed and asked him to come outside with me for a discussion. We walked and talked that whole night through. By the time he was ready to pray Fajr (the morning prayer of the Muslims) I knew that the truth had come at last and now it was up to me to do my part. I went out back behind my father's house and found an old piece of plywood lying under an overhang and right there I put my head down on the ground facing the direction that the Muslims pray five times a day.
Now then in that position, with my body stretched out on the plywood and my head on the ground, I asked: "O God. If you are there, guide me, guide me." And then after a while I raised up my head and I noticed something. No, I didn't see birds or angels coming out of the sky nor did I hear voices or music, nor did I see bright lights and flashes. What I did notice was a change inside of me. I was aware now more than ever before that it was time for me to stop lying and cheating and doing sneaky business deals. It was time that I really work at being an honest and upright man. I knew now what I had to do. So I went upstairs and took a shower with the distinct idea that I was 'washing' away the sinful old person that I had become over the years. And I was now coming into a new, fresh life. A life based on truth and proof.

to be continued...

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Around 11:00 A.M. that morning, I stood before two witnesses, one the ex-priest, formerly known as Father Peter Jacob's, and the other Mohamed Abel Rehman and announced my 'shahadah' (open testimony to the Oneness of God and the prophethood of Muhammad, peace be upon him).

A few minutes later, my wife follow along and gave the same testimony. But hers was in front of 3 witnesses (me being the third).

My father was a bit more reserved on the subject and waited a few more months before he made his shahadah (public testimony). But he did finally commit to Islam and began offering prayers right along with me and the other Muslims in the local masjid (mosque).

The children were taken out of the Christian school and placed in Muslim schools. And now ten years later, they are memorizing much of the Quran and the teachings of Islam.

My father's wife was the last of all to acknowledge that Jesus could not be a son of God and that he must have been a mighty prophet of God, but not God.

Now stop and think. A whole entire household of people from varying backgrounds and ethnic groups coming together in truth to learn how to know and worship the Creator and Sustainer of the Universe. Think. A Catholic priest. A minister of music and preacher. An ordained minister and builder of Christian schools. And they all come into Islam! Only by His Mercy were we all guided to see the real truth of Islam without any blinders on their eyes any longer.

If I were to stop right here, I'm sure that you would have to admit that at least, this is an amazing story, right? After all, three religious leaders of three separate denominations all going into one very opposite belief at the same time and then soon after the rest of the household?

But that is not all. There is more! The same year, while I was in Grand Prairie, Texas (near Dallas) I met a Baptist seminary student from Tennessee named Joe, who also came to Islam after reading the Holy Quran while in BAPTIST SEMINARY COLLEGE!

There are others as well. I recall the case of the Catholic priest in a college town who talked about the good things in Islam so much that I was forced to ask him why he didn't enter Islam. He replied: "What? And loose my job?" - His name is Father John and there is still hope for him yet.

More? Yes. The very next year I met a former Catholic priest who had been a missionary for 8 years in Africa. He learned about Islam while he was there and entered into Islam. He then changed his name to Omar and moved to Dallas Texas.

Any more? Again, yes. Two years later, while in San Antonio, Texas I was introduced to a former Arch Bishop of the Orthodox Church of Russia who learned about Islam and gave up his position to enter Islam.

And since my own entrance into Islam and becoming a chaplain to the Muslims throughout the country and around the world, I have encountered many more individuals who were leaders, teachers and scholars in other religions who learned about Islam and entered into it. They came from Hindus, Jews, Catholics, Protestants, Jehovah's Witnesses, Greek and Russian Orthodox, Coptic Christians from Egypt, non-denominational churches and even scientists who had been atheists.

Why? Good question. May I suggest to the seeker of truth do the following NINE STEPS to purification of the mind:

1.) Clean their mind, their heart and their soul real good.
2.) Clear away all the prejudices and biases
3.) Read a good translation of the meaning of the Holy Quran in a language that they can understand best.
4.) Take some time.
5.) Read and reflect.
6.) Think and pray.
7.) And keep on asking the One who created you in the first place, to guide you to the truth.
8.) Keep this up for a few months. And be regular in it.
9.) Above all, do not let others who are poisoned in their thinking influence you while your are in this state of "rebirth of the soul."

The rest is between you and the Almighty Lord of the Universe. If you truly love Him, then He already Knows it and He will deal with each of us according to our hearts.

So, now you have the introduction to the story of my coming into Islam and becoming Muslim. There is more on the Internet about this story and there are more pictures there as well. Please take the time to visit it and then please take the time to email me and let us come together to share in all truths based on proofs for understanding our origins and our purpose and goals in this life and the Next Life.

And once again I thank you for your email today. If you hadn't sent it, I probably would still not have completed this task of putting down the story once and for all of how "Priest and Preachers Are Coming to Islam."
May Allah guide you on your journey to all truth. Ameen. And May He open your heart and your mind to the reality of this world and the purpose of this life, ameen.

Peace to you and Guidance from Allah the One Almighty God, Creator and Sustainer of all that exists. Your friend,
Yusuf Estes
Visit the website of Chaplain Yusuf Estes

Last edited:

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
From Judaism to Islam (1st part)

I am ethnically a Russian Jew. My quest began when I was 19 years old. I was recovering from my stint with Scientology (yes I was brainwashed into it).

My belief in God was uncertain. My goals in life were to be a rock star. I was living in my Pasadena apartment and working as a secretary. Funny, I know.

One night I was walking to the kitchen, and encountered a dark fellow. I remembered asking him: "Can I keep this vodka in the fridge tonight?" We shook hands and went to sleep. After that point, my life changed drastically…

This dark fellow, a Muslim, was the first Muslim I had ever met. Extremely curious, I conversed with him about his faith. What's this stuff I hear about praying 5 times a day? And about Holy War? Who is this Mohammed guy?

Our talks were accompanied by our Christian roommate, Wade. Together, we created "The Jewish, Christian, and Muslim dialogue sessions". In it, we discovered many differences, and many commonalities.

My interest had then shifted from sex, drugs, and parties, to a massive search for the truth. A search that I had to complete. A search for God. And a search for how to follow him.

In my quest for the truth, I asked myself: "Ok let’s start simple, how many God's do I think are out there?" I figured only one; knowing that a divided God is weaker than One God; figuring that if one God didn't agree with the other, there might be arguments and feuds. One God was my choice.

Once I opened up my mind to the possibility of the existence of God, I analyzed both atheist and theist beliefs. The thing that directed me to the latter was the quote "Every design has a designer". With that in mind, eventually I woke up with certainty that God exists. I can't explain why, I just felt it somehow.

This newfound excitement was accompanied by a sense of responsibility to follow the Creator. The world of religion was my next frontier.

Then I asked myself, "Where do I start?" There are literally thousands of them. I need a way to narrow them down to a just a few. How do I accomplish such a task? "Find the ones that are monotheistic" entered my mind. "Hey that makes sense, since I believe in only One God."

Ok, then. This ruled out Buddhism and Hinduism, both being polytheistic faiths. The major religions I encountered that fell under the title of Monotheistic, where Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Well since I'm a Jew, I started with Judaism. One God, some prophets, 10 commandments, Torah, Jewish souls…uh, what: "Jewish souls?"

While doing research this idea was brought to my attention. The story goes, "if a person is born Jewish, then they have a Jewish soul, and they must follow Judaism." Hold on a sec…that's discrimination, isn't it? That's not universal.

So God makes Jewish souls, and Christian souls, and Muslim souls, and Hindu souls? I thought all men are created equal? So, because one is born into a religion that means by the decree of God he must remain in it… even if the person believes it to be false? Hmm…I don't agree with that.

Another thing really bothered me…there is no strict concept of hell in Judaism…then why be good? Why not sin? If I don't have fear of strict punishment, then why should I be moral?

Moving on, I discovered Christianity. Ok, one God, a father, a son, and a holy ghost…one more time: one God, a father, a son, and a holy ghost. Uhhh, please explain. How can all those things be one God? 1 + 1 + 1 = 3 right? So how can you say you believe in only one God?

Explanation after explanation, equation after equation, comparison after comparison, analogy after analogy, I couldn't grasp this concept. Ok let's keep looking here.

Ok, next major doctrine: Jesus died for our sins and he did this because we all are polluted with "Original Sin". So, Jesus Christ, the "son of God", had to be murdered to save everyone from Hell and cure us of our sin "given" to us by Adam.

Ok then, so are you saying that we are all born as sinners? And to sin is to do something wrong right? Then you're telling me that a one-year old baby is guilty of sin or doing something wrong? Ok that's strange, so based on the actions of one man, all of mankind must suffer? What's the moral of that story? Punish the whole group if one deviates? Why would God create such a rule? That's just not in agreement with my logic.

So Jesus died because he "loves mankind". Hold on, it says in the Bible that Jesus said "father, why have you forsaken me?" So, apparently, Jesus didn't understand why he was being brutally murdered. But you just said he "volunteered" to be sacrificed. Anyway, I couldn't accept this belief. Ok, what's the next religion?

to be continued...

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Islam. Islam means submission. The main beliefs are as follows: One God, worship God five times a day, give 2.5% annual charity, fast during Ramadan (to be closer to God and appreciate life…among other reasons) and finally journey to Mecca for Hajj if you are able financially. Ok, nothing hard to understand so far.

There's nothing that conflicts with my logic here. The Qur'an is a book with all of these interesting miracles and timeless wisdom. Many scientific facts only discovered recently where proclaimed 1400 years ago in this book.

Ok, Islam had passed my initial religious prerequisites. But I wanted to ask some deep questions about it. Is this religion universal? Yes, anyone can understand these basic beliefs…no analogy or equation are needed. Does it agree with science? Yes, dozens of verses in the Qur'an agree with modern science and technology.

As I sifted through the countless logical facts that I read through and researched, one thing took my attention the most. "Islam". The name of this religion. I noticed it is written many times in this Qur'an.

However, recalling my prior studies, I didn't remember once seeing the word "Judaism" in the Old Testament or "Christianity" in the New Testament. This was BIG. Why couldn't I find the very name of the religions in those two books? Because, there is no name in these books! Thinking…I noticed that "Judaism" could be broken down to "Juda- ism" and "Christianity" could be respectively "Christ-ianity".

So who is Juda? Or Judah, rather. He was the tribe leader of the Hebrews when God revealed his message to mankind. So this religion was named after…a person. Ok let’s look at who Christ is. He was the person who delivered the message of God to the Jews. So this religion was named after…a person.

So in recollection, we can deduct that the names of these religions are people's proper names attached to "ism" and "ianity". Regardless of that fact, the very names of those religions are not mentioned in their scriptures. I thought that was very odd.

If I went door to door selling a product, and I said "Would you like to buy this _______"? Wouldn't the logical question be: "What is this _____ called?" I would make no money off of a product without a name.

Naming is the very basis which humans identify with objects, both physical and non-physical. If religion is supposed to be practiced and spread to every person on earth, shouldn't there be a NAME for it?

Moreover, shouldn't the name be given to us from God Almighty? YES, my point exactly. The names "Christianity" and "Judaism" were not written in the Holy Scriptures. Humans named them, not God. The notion that God would ordain a religion for mankind to follow without a name is impossible for my mind to accept.

At that point, both Christianity and Judaism lost their credibility as pure, logical, and complete religions, at least from my perspective.

Islam is the ONLY of these religions to include the NAME of the religion in its scriptures. This is so huge for me.

[SIZE=+0]I realized I would follow Islam at that point. I then became a Muslim. I knew the truth. I was out of the darkness. I came into the light…[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=+0]
Satellite
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]Michael David Shapiro went from Judaism to Islam[/SIZE]​