• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spiritual Enlightenment: what is it/what it is.

Humans don't know much. You know this much. To know more, a human must investigate, rather than simply offer up opinions, theorize, and imagine.
Many say that nobody can know certain things. They say this because they, themselves, don't know certain things.
Spiritual Enlightenment transcends being human as humans know being human.
It is the means by which a human becomes superhuman.
The approach to Godhood, while still in physical form.

Would you like to know what Enlightenment is? What it's about? What it's like?
Rather than simply ridicule and abuse anyone daring to suggest he knows?

Ask.

Ask who? But for anyone who would go strait to the source of all Enlightenment, here is a definition worthy of further investigation:

"Where the reality of God responds directly to an act of 'perfect faith' with a direct, individual intervention into the natural world, 'raising' up and infusing within a man a newly Enlightened heart and Holy spirit, realigning his moral compass by correcting human nature with a change in natural law, altering biology, consciousness and human ethical perception beyond all natural evolutionary boundaries. Thus freed from the corruptions of concupiscence that natural law is heir to, man is created in the image and likeness of His Creator."

I don't think it gets any more profound that that! More at The Final Freedoms

JoeEcho

I'd venture to say it's more like between life and life (which may seem like death).

Not that uncommon, btw.

Ponder This

I do not know what Enlightenment is.
Although, I've often desired it, have I always sought it?
Sometimes, I feel enlightened; sometimes I don't.
This is why I seek it and why I don't know what it is.
I'm not certain I've met anyone who is enlightened... some seem to be.
And some seem simply to be inspired.

This could be anybody, so everyone is a teacher and this is also why I have no teacher.

This could be anybody, so everyone is a teacher and this is also why I have no teacher.
I too had no teacher. Then I ran into Lao Tzu and recognized my own work, albeit somewhat misrepresented. It was a great remembering.
Later I ran into a crow, and that finalized the matrix.
Bear in mind that almost nobody knows anything about anything, although they will go to enormous lengths to have you believe that they do.
It's a minefield, in which the safest route is to reinstate, strengthen, then completely trust your own intuition.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
We need a new DIR ... for the enlightened ones. They can argue amongst themselves.

Those who would claim to be enlightened, especially in a pompous and pretentious manner, most certainly are not. They prattle like Yoda, but offer nothing of depth or substance. Many such clowns have came and went through here; self proclaimed messiahs, incarnations, prophets, etc. They are an amusement at best, an annoyance at worst.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Those who would claim to be enlightened, especially in a pompous and pretentious manner, most certainly are not. They prattle like Yoda, but offer nothing of depth or substance. Many such clowns have came and went through here; self proclaimed messiahs, incarnations, prophets, etc. They are an amusement at best, an annoyance at worst.
It's the anger to comments like this that proves the suspicions, but hey its a big world. Variety makes it go 'round. lol. I don't mind it much, but generally don't interrelate either. Nobody wants to be harangued about how wrong they are.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It's the anger to comments like this that proves the suspicions, but hey its a big world. Variety makes it go 'round. lol. I don't mind it much, but generally don't interrelate either. Nobody wants to be harangued about how wrong they are.
If Lao Tzu were alive today, I doubt he would be spending a considerable amount of time on an internet forum letting everyone left of Mussolini know that they're evil marxists.

Ponder This

Bear in mind that almost nobody knows anything about anything, although they will go to enormous lengths to have you believe that they do.
It's a minefield, in which the safest route is to reinstate, strengthen, then completely trust your own intuition.
I see myself and I worry that I am a fool.
I want others to think I'm wise because I wish to be wise.

I am stronger when I am weaker.

I see myself and I worry that I am a fool.
I want others to think I'm wise because I wish to be wise.

I am stronger when I am weaker.

Look beyond yourself, and Reality comes into focus.
I once wanted to be wise, for the same reasons you did.
Wise is something you may become, in spite of yourself, not because of yourself.

Ponder This

If Enlightenment does not make you wise, then what is the value of Enlightenment?
Perhaps, there is no value.

Is there peace of mind? Or is it the cessation of struggle?

If Enlightenment does not make you wise, then what is the value of Enlightenment?

Oh, it can not help but render what remains of 'you' wise. But that is not the point.
The point is to fully live, a vital part of the whole. Recommended for those who are not content to spend their lives on life-support, but would rather perform to design specs.
With the added side-benefit of eternal life.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Ruin everything you come into contact with. It's the atheist way. Popular, too.
On some level, the atheist recognizes Truth; every time he encounters it, he is compelled to mount an assault against it.

I bet each night you roll around restlessly in your sleep, with a cold sweat beading upon your face as you mutter "atheists....groan....leftist....moan....evil...." then abruptly awake with a loud gasp.

I bet each night you roll around restlessly in your sleep, with a cold sweat beading upon your face as you mutter "atheists....groan....leftist....moan....evil...." then abruptly awake with a loud gasp.

No. I sleep very soundly, lately. But coming here, to this 'Religious Forum', it does rather pain me the way many of you atheist/leftists misbehave.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I'm trying to find unenlightenment, but I can't put a finger on it either.