• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spiritual Death

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I'm kinda into the bread and the wine. Proof the body is not life and calming the fear of death. It'd be great to know the actual disposition of our "selves" after what we call death. Gotta hunch there's a "great gulf" though. Guess I'll find out in a bit, or not.

bridging a great gulf is a simple lateral movement, not diagonally, or vertically. but it takes both sides moving towards the other in love, horizontally.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
behold the thief stands at the door
I have a post around here somewhere.......to that effect

we each take a turn.....at the Door
to allow the next one in

Beware

the angelic are not far behind

if you allow someone less than....'worthy'
you and the unworthy might BOTH end up tossed out

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
we know that what the mind expects in death is met.

if you study nde's they reap what the cloud like mind sowed.

i set my bow in the cloud. power in belief

if you don't believe me; look at those who stormed the capital simply on belief.

I actually don't believe people who experienced near death experiences experience and seen things after death. Maybe it's because they experience whatever is when they were "near" death rather than at the point of decay and coming back to life, but either or it's a mystery. Just as reincarnation (though it makes more sense than near death experiences) is a mystery. I wouldn't want to be in a traumatic situation to experience near death experiences but I've always wondered when people who believe in reincarnation believe it's the truth and not a theory, what do they actually experience that makes them know it is true.

The mind is met at death but many believe the soul or spirit lives on thereafter. How do you interpret life "after" death?

WalterTrull

Godfella
I have a post around here somewhere.......to that effect

we each take a turn.....at the Door
to allow the next one in

Beware

the angelic are not far behind

if you allow someone less than....'worthy'
you and the unworthy might BOTH end up tossed out

Hmmm.... That sounds very "religous-ey" . Yours?

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
I guess one common spiritual theme is that one sometimes must kill aspects of themselves in order to progress beyond their current constraints.

Jesus makes the ultimate sacrifice to give a way out from under the law. Odin sacrifices his eye to know his fate. Buddha sacrifices his privilege to discover the very foundations of suffering and to reach enlightenment.

My faith was unyielding and unreasonable, and I had to sacrifice it in order to progress beyond my own constraints. If sacrifice is a common theme in spirituality, how is killing of one's faith to be seen as a lesser or dangerous path by those who are spiritual?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I guess one common spiritual theme is that one sometimes must kill aspects of themselves in order to progress beyond their current constraints.

Jesus makes the ultimate sacrifice to give a way out from under the law. Odin sacrifices his eye to know his fate. Buddha sacrifices his privilege to discover the very foundations of suffering and to reach enlightenment.

My faith was unyielding and unreasonable, and I had to sacrifice it in order to progress beyond my own constraints. If sacrifice is a common theme in spirituality, how is killing of one's faith to be seen as a lesser or dangerous path by those who are spiritual?
in short?......renounce the dogma
to see the light

JoshuaTree

Flowers are red?
what is a spiritual death? losing one's mind to reason? or denying unconditional love?

Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Not that I agree with it but I was taught as a young boy that spiritual death results from rejecting the holy spirit. Specific example being if you are called by the holy spirit and don't seize the opportunity you won't be given another chance. I was raised Lutheran, but this notion isn't far removed from invincible ignorance in Catholicism.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
what is a spiritual death? losing one's mind to reason? or denying unconditional love?

Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Spiritual death is to remain unaware of God's Message and laws in the age we live.

Regards Tony

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I actually don't believe people who experienced near death experiences experience and seen things after death. Maybe it's because they experience whatever is when they were "near" death rather than at the point of decay and coming back to life, but either or it's a mystery. Just as reincarnation (though it makes more sense than near death experiences) is a mystery. I wouldn't want to be in a traumatic situation to experience near death experiences but I've always wondered when people who believe in reincarnation believe it's the truth and not a theory, what do they actually experience that makes them know it is true.

The mind is met at death but many believe the soul or spirit lives on thereafter. How do you interpret life "after" death?
life is eternal/infinite. you're just wasting time, infinite time.

life doesn't come into existence or out of existence. there is no death to the energizing part of the body. to the electrical body

there is a disintegration of the form back into lower elements. consciousness requires an earthly form to have an earthly experience. otherwise consciousness simply exists somewhere else

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Spiritual death is to remain unaware of God's Message and laws in the age we live.

Regards Tony

love is the message. unconditional love. behold the kingdom of god is at hand.

the government knows all about it and they are keeping it a secret.

LightofTruth

Ephesians 2:1-7
2 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; 2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Again, the idea is that Paul is referring to someone who is 'spiritually dead'.
But again, the Bible doesn't speak of 'spiritually dead' it only speaks of being dead in sins and trespasses.(or being actually dead)

These sin and trespasses come from our very nature. See what he says: "we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others."

And the wages of sin is death.

So, when Paul speaks of being DEAD in this context he is referring to all who have not had their sins covered by believing the gospel and on the son of God.

They are yet DEAD in Adam. And will die the death pronounced against that nature,

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
love is the message. unconditional love. behold the kingdom of god is at hand.

the government knows all about it and they are keeping it a secret.

Love is indeed the Key. But Love has many faces. We can think we know Love, but it is shrouded in self. Pure unalted Love, direct from God, is not that easy to find as it is not within our worldly selves,it is from a source we need to connect with.

In the age of Christ that Love was found in Jesus and in the Message given

In this day, I personally see the Kingdom of God has been rejected, so the Love of Christ has also largely been neglected, even by those that think they have not.

Regards Tony

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Love is indeed the Key. But Love has many faces. We can think we know Love, but it is shrouded in self. Pure unalted Love, direct from God, is not that easy to find as it is not within our worldly selves,it is from a source we need to connect with.

In the age of Christ that Love was found in Jesus and in the Message given

In this day, I personally see the Kingdom of God has been rejected, so the Love of Christ has also largely been neglected, even by those that think they have not.

Regards Tony
a monist doesn't asunder what love has joined together.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
life is eternal/infinite. you're just wasting time, infinite time.

life doesn't come into existence or out of existence. there is no death to the energizing part of the body. to the electrical body

there is a disintegration of the form back into lower elements. consciousness requires an earthly form to have an earthly experience. otherwise consciousness simply exists somewhere else

Our identity and body dies. Our spirits live on "only" when kept alive by things we've owned, places we've attached to, and people who knew us well. Once you're been "forgotten", you no longer exist.

What is consciousness to you?

I've never used the word in how I see spirituality as I see it.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Our identity and body dies. Our spirits live on "only" when kept alive by things we've owned, places we've attached to, and people who knew us well. Once you're been "forgotten", you no longer exist.

What is consciousness to you?

I've never used the word in how I see spirituality as I see it.
consciousness doesn't have a form. it creates forms

its easy to justify everything based on matter but obviously matter is made up of energy

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...witched-personalities-and-could-suddenly-see/

Instead, Waldvogel and Strasburger believe that B.T.’s blindness is pyschogenic (psychologically caused, rather than physical). Something happened — perhaps related to her accident — that caused her body to react by cutting out her ability to see. Even now, two of her identities retain that coping mechanism.