• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spiritual Athiest??!!

Yviee81

Hello! Im glad Ive come across this site. Heres my situation. Hopefully someone can lend some thoughts. Ive recently separated myself from Christianity and its been quite difficult. Im partial to Atheism/Agnosticism, however Ive had several unexplainable almost borderline supernatural experiences that have happened to me that leave me convinced of a higher spiritual force. Some call them karma, some call it God, some might call it Universal Laws. Im so unsure and Id love to get some input from people of all religions, or the non religious, so I can make sense of this. Ive always believed that what happened to me was God but now that Ive separated myself from that, I find it hard to believe in simple coincidence. One of those events Im talking about was on April 15 I was involved in a serious car accident due to my own reckless behavior, then on May 15, exactly one month later, the same exact thing happened to me, where someone hit me. Im convinced this is some kind of karma or even punishment if you will. Any thoughts? :confused:

Ablaze

Buddham Saranam Gacchami
Spirituality and atheism are not necessarily in direct opposition. I consider myself a spiritual atheist and have had no difficulties reconciling these two seemingly "at-odds" positions.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I would ask yourself why you are trying to find significant events to see the existence of God, or why you allow them to stand out to you, if you prefer. The fact you are 'seeing signs' says something more significant than the signs themselves. Look at that, and you may find your answer.

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
Theism and spirituality don't always go hand in hand. I'm a non-theist and spiritual; it's common in Buddhism and Taoism. One can be both spiritual and atheist, just as one can be a theist, yet unspiritual.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not spiritual, so were I in your position, I'd be pretty blunt with myself. Co-incidence DOES happen. Things with low probability DO occur. People have car accidents because of their own recklessness ALL THE TIME, and don't have follow up accidents due to Karma. So is it only you that 'suffers' from Karma?

Anyways...

In terms of spirituality and atheism, it's an unusual position, but there's nothing outright contradictory about it. I've met spiritual atheists before, and in most (but not all cases) they've reached their conclusion based on personal experiences.

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
I consider myself an unwilling agnostic - I've had a couple of experiences with prayer where I've felt like maybe I got an answer, or my brain is better at dealing with my subconscious than I thought... I'm not sure.

Best of luck to you. You aren't alone, and sometimes that's what helps the most.

ArtieE

One of those events Im talking about was on April 15 I was involved in a serious car accident due to my own reckless behavior, then on May 15, exactly one month later, the same exact thing happened to me, where someone hit me. Im convinced this is some kind of karma or even punishment if you will. Any thoughts? :confused:
Have a statistician calculate for you how many people who cause accidents don't get hit afterwards.