• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spirit

King Phenomenon

I understand alot of young people stop being Christians cuz of the weird rules or whatever but I do think its kind of sad that they missed the point of religion which is to introduce people to spirituality and set them on a path to enlightenment. Hopefully the ones who closed the book completely on spiritual stuff will come around to pondering spirituality at some point.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I understand alot of young people stop being Christians cuz of the weird rules or whatever but I do think its kind of sad that they missed the point of religion which is to introduce people to spirituality and set them on a path to enlightenment. Hopefully the ones who closed the book completely on spiritual stuff will come around to pondering spirituality at some point.

There's more than one road to enlightenment. Just because someone leaves Christianity doesn't mean they've shut down the spiritual path.

Jeremiah Ames

I agree with you to an extent.

I cannot speak to any religion except Christianity, and my belief is this:
Christianity is so far removed from Christ, today, that it is a dead religion that actually can prevent a seeker from finding spirituality.
So, I can only hope that the young people you speak of, or any people for that matter, will find what they seek. The Lord said “seek and you will find”. I trust in that. It worked for me.

The Lord never said follow a man made religion. He said the opposite, and was very much against religion and the leaders of religion during His time.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

It's not always because of the rules (although some of the rules can come off as contradictory and open to interpretation). It also may not be that they missed the point of religion, though they may not think there's any point at all.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

What do you think spirituality is?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I fully agree

There's more than one road to enlightenment. Just because someone leaves Christianity doesn't mean they've shut down the spiritual path.
I think that is what @Moon meant also. At least that is what I read/understand from his OP

Brian2

Veteran Member
I agree with you to an extent.

I cannot speak to any religion except Christianity, and my belief is this:
Christianity is so far removed from Christ, today, that it is a dead religion that actually can prevent a seeker from finding spirituality.
So, I can only hope that the young people you speak of, or any people for that matter, will find what they seek. The Lord said “seek and you will find”. I trust in that. It worked for me.

The Lord never said follow a man made religion. He said the opposite, and was very much against religion and the leaders of religion during His time.

The Lord did appoint leaders and they set up a Church with their leaders.
Christianity is not a religion of loners. We are united into the Body of Christ and joined spiritually to each other and to Christ.
Nevertheless maybe where you are most Christian groups half dead. You could go somewhere else for fellowship or go locally and possible help to revive the local church, who knows.