• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

spirit realm

David1967

Premium Member
No one knows as no one has been there and returned. But I can tell you how I hope it is. I am a nature lover, so I hope it is a place of clean flowing rivers, ancient forests and mountains filled with a wonderful array of life. (hopefully not a walled city with streets of gold. Boring.) And also I hope its a place where myself and family and friends never grow old sick or die. Harmony and happiness. That would be some great place.

azim24

No one knows as no one has been there and returned. But I can tell you how I hope it is. I am a nature lover, so I hope it is a place of clean flowing rivers, ancient forests and mountains filled with a wonderful array of life. (hopefully not a walled city with streets of gold. Boring.) And also I hope its a place where myself and family and friends never grow old sick or die. Harmony and happiness. That would be some great place.
Your dream of heaven look like heaven in Islam.:)
Allah will say, "This is the Day when the truthful will benefit from their truthfulness." For them are gardens [in Paradise] beneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide forever, Allah being pleased with them, and they with Him. That is the great attainment. 5:119

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
My answer is that after death, the vast majority of people review the life they just lived. Those who have lived positive lives naturally feel joy as they review that life and that is the experience of heaven. Those who feel pain about the live they lived experience that pain in the hell state. In other words, the intensity of the emotions are magnified both positive and negative.

Once the review is fully complete and the soul is ready, it takes another body to continue the journey onward.

David1967

Premium Member
Your dream of heaven look like heaven in Islam.:)
Allah will say, "This is the Day when the truthful will benefit from their truthfulness." For them are gardens [in Paradise] beneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide forever, Allah being pleased with them, and they with Him. That is the great attainment. 5:119

Well brother, that is where I want to be. :)

djhwoodwerks

My answer is that after death, the vast majority of people review the life they just lived. Those who have lived positive lives naturally feel joy as they review that life and that is the experience of heaven. Those who feel pain about the live they lived experience that pain in the hell state. In other words, the intensity of the emotions are magnified both positive and negative.

Once the review is fully complete and the soul is ready, it takes another body to continue the journey onward.

Who judges what is positive and what is painful? What will Hitler feel? He believed he was doing a good service killing all the Jews.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Who judges what is positive and what is painful? What will Hitler feel? He believed he was doing a good service killing all the Jews.
My answer is that one's higher self, that which gains experiences through countless lives and is connected to God's Truth, is the judge. The criteria are the essence of every religion and the best ethics of atheists.

Politesse

Amor Vincit Omnia
Now that would be sad.
Well, that is a matter of persepctive I suppose. I am not, personally, impressed by most people's attempts to "improve" on the world by imagining one with more gold on the streets and a divine emperor on the throne. The world is beautiful, and it was given to us as a gift, not a treaty or a bribe.

David1967

Premium Member
Well, that is a matter of persepctive I suppose. I am not, personally, impressed by most people's attempts to "improve" on the world by imagining one with more gold on the streets and a divine emperor on the throne. The world is beautiful, and it was given to us as a gift, not a treaty or a bribe.

I do believe in an afterlife, but your post is beautifully expressed. :)

EmperorSwordMan

A Fantasy turned Real
I would say we all have our own path after death, and a journey to breach whatever realm we find. I would say mine would be endless forest and mountain ranges with many rivers lakes waterfalls and hot springs, a nice and cool ocean breeze through the air, it is always between night and day, dark but not dark enough so you can still see, and the voices of the ancients can be heard singing from time to time. Animals like Wolves and Deer would roam freely and the souls of this realm would live off the land. Also it'd be medieval themed, with duels and large feasts.

thanks for your opinion)
Iam a nature lover too) I grow different plants and vegetables in my garden.I even sleep in the open air in summer!))) but I would disagree with you
I suppose,we can learn from Jesus because he said:"I am from the realms above"/so Jesus is an eyewitness.he never described it as a place you are describing. the things you are describing God wants people to have on earth in the future)

I'd probably ask them what they mean since every other religion has their definition of the afterlife whatever state or condition we live in and/or where.[/QUOTE
I agree too many religions it is hard to understand which one is the true. but I think the truth is in God's word.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

The challenge is trying to get others to see it as The truth. How do we do that individually when Truth isnt a matter of opinion, belief, or faith?

Last edited: