• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spirit Drum

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I wanted to post a couple photos of my new hand drum. Made with deer hide. I can't wait to take it out for a spin,but I have been busy since Friday.

PXL_20201024_021405279.jpg PXL_20201024_021358311.jpg

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Did you make this yourself?
And may I ask what purpose a spirit drum serves?

I did not make this one myself, but maybe one day I will have the time and skill to do so :). It is used for drumming during meditation. The sound, rhythmic motion, and vibration are all conducive to Focusing oneself in the present.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I miss the drum circle I used attend. My rhythm is not the best. I should start again even if it is on my own.

I think the Drum Circle near me is finally starting up again, with the reduction in Covid cases here. Have you looked around your area for a new Circle? I found the one I go to on the Meetup App.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I think the Drum Circle near me is finally starting up again, with the reduction in Covid cases here. Have you looked around your area for a new Circle? I found the one I go to on the Meetup App.
I'm pleased to see you are not one of my neighbours. :D