• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spirit Animals

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
My Spirit Animal was introduced to me years back with a flash of lightening and the crash of thunder while I was alone in the wilderness. Have you been introduced to your Spirit Animal?

https://www.spiritanimal.info/animal-meanings/

pexels-frank-cone-2373897.jpg
Photo by Frank Cone from Pexels

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Mostly through Visions, and Dreams, but yes I have known for many years what my Spirit Animal is. Even others have associated me with the Wolf before I did.

The Raven/Crow is another that I consider one of my Spirit Animals. I could probably name one or two more given the time.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I love art. I took an online class with textbook called Healing with the Arts. Basically, there are exercises and guided meditations to get you to use art to heal trauma or less evasive things. Years ago, my animal (didn't know about spirit-animals then) was the fox. I did the guided imagery and got the same animal near twenty five or so years later. I read people use their spirit animals as guides. I'm not sure how to do that since I'm not really an animal person but that's the closest I got to it.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I have animals I identify with but I'd be hard pressed to call them spiritual animals. Especially in the Native American way because a. I don't come from the culture/spiritual background that gives that significance and b. it's generally frowned upon to discuss your spirit animal with outsiders in that tradition, anyway.

Closest approximation I would have would be a cat. Not a dark, lanky, creature of the night style cat. A cat that recognizes good things and allows itself to be cared for by others, lounges around, regards the world with studious judgement and occasionally knocks glasses down as a power move.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
My Spirit Animal was introduced to me years back with a flash of lightening and the crash of thunder while I was alone in the wilderness. Have you been introduced to your Spirit Animal?

Betcha can't guess what mine is... :p

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

Animal Meanings | Spirit Animal Symbolism

View attachment 45734
Photo by Frank Cone from Pexels
My Narnian animal is Reepicheep. My His Dark Materials animal is probably a squirrel, but I haven't read that series, yet. My dinosaur animal is Answeriformes. My Battlestar Galactica character is Apollo. My Lego character is Spaceship Guy :oops:. My Looney Tunes character is Yosemite Sam. My DC character is ... hmm... don't know. My Marvel character is Korg.

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
My Narnian animal is Reepicheep. My His Dark Materials animal is probably a squirrel, but I haven't read that series, yet. My dinosaur animal is Answeriformes. My Battlestar Galactica character is Apollo. My Lego character is Spaceship Guy :oops:. My Looney Tunes character is Yosemite Sam. My DC character is ... hmm... don't know. My Marvel character is Korg.
Can you break down how each represent your personal character traits?

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Can you break down how each represent your personal character traits?
That would be difficult, because I have chosen them not as representative so much as because they are cool. I do identify somewhat with some of them. As a kid I always built spaceships with legos and saw all other playsets as pointless. I like Squirrels because they have tiny brains and are easily distracted, and I identify with their short attention spans. Korg is methodical, smart, well meaning, oblivious, thick, slow, scary and naive. He awesomely tough and a solid though clueless friend. Reepicheep is easily insulted, pointy, fiery and brave; but he means well, too. Apollo is like an artist, constrained and unable to express himself due to his position and duties. Yosemite Sam is a heart with legs, a beard and two guns.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
I like squirrels but they have no sense of urgency when in the road.:)
When there's a squirrel standing in the road, honk at it; but if its moving don't honk at it. That will train the squirrel to get out of the way. Maybe.