• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spending money to save at risk people might not be profitable!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I invite everyone to use this thread to post examples of the rest of the tribal right throwing millions of people under the bus because they aren't considered desirable. Then bookmark and link any time any of them ever makes any breathless comparisons between anyone and Hitler.

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick suggests elderly should die to save economy from coronavirus

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick implied late Monday that the senior population should be willing to sacrifice themselves so the United States can “get back to work” amid the coronavirus pandemic.

“Those of us who are 70 plus, we’ll take care of ourselves. But don’t sacrifice the country,” Patrick, who turns 70 next week, said on Fox News’ “Tucker Carlson Tonight.”

Even as the number of coronavirus cases continues to skyrocket, President Trump claims the country could return to business as usual soon.

“The hardship will end, it will end soon. Normal life will return,” Trump said Monday. “It’s a much shorter period of time than I’ve been hearing the news report."

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Oop, didn't take the resident bootlickers long to join us and defend killing grandma.

Hardly anybody I know favors killing those with aged weak immune systems. In today's Wuhan Chinese derived Corona virus infested world, please let's consider people with weakened immune systems being cared for remotely with sterilized robots and video conferencing while allowing everybody else to move along with their livelihoods.

careobot_drink.gif

[/QUOTE]

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

"The fundamental problem is whether we are going to tank the entire economy to save 2.5% of the population which is (1) generally expensive to maintain, and (2) not productive."

— Scott A McMillan (@scott4670) March 23, 2020

Let's please consider placing the viral diseased prone people in isolation where they can be remotely cared for by sterilized robots allowing the reopening of America's businesses and industries, save for in the heavily China virus diseased infested left coast and New York which should stay shut down for quite awhile.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hardly anybody I know favors killing those with aged weak immune systems. In today's Wuhan Chinese derived Corona virus infested world, please let's consider people with weakened immune systems being cared for remotely with sterilized robots and video conferencing while allowing everybody else to move along with their livelihoods.

careobot_drink.gif

I'd rather be cared for by a robot than a human.
Robots don't involve any social interaction.
This makes them relaxing to be around.
(Just don't flip the switch on their back to the
<evil> <kill all humans> or <needy> setting.)

Anyway it appears that Congress has agreed to
preserve profit, businesses, jobs, & lives.
Trump, Congress agree on $2 trillion virus rescue bill

This is better than picking just one to save, even if
it means both the far right & far left don't get their way.

Last edited:

dfnj

It's 2008 all over again. Kudlow and his Wall Street pigs are going to destroy this country (or least the value of the dollar). Everyone's savings are about to be taxed in half by inflation again just like in 2008.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
What idiocy, and I mean pure idiocy.

The pro choice movement is rooted in killing inconvenient people, which makes it just as tawdry as any money making scheme. Lets not forget the money grubbing butcher physicians who do quite well from their butchery.

An abortion lover ought to feel quite good about the idea of extending the killing to another group of inconvenient people, and expand the concept of post birth abortions so loved by the left.

It is YOUR principle, why the feigned indignation? Your standard bearer, the alcoholic pelosi even tried to get more funding for abortion in the relief bill being hammered out in congress.

It is hilarious to watch abortion supporters saying that their murder isn't about anything financial, when part of the argument for it has always been about cost, the cost of a child to a poor mother, the cost of that child for society, and the cost of that child in incarceration because of how he might be raised.

These folk really can fool themselves in times of crisis.
After this post, I can no longer take you seriously.
Wow. o_O

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I think it's going to get to a point where the spread will be so bad that everyone is going to eventually get it. I think once you're past a certain age the doctors are just going to have to say sorry but your time on this Earth might be up, maybe and with the greatest hope that you'll survive it.

I hear they're doing exactly that in Italy right now and I doubt these 'death panels' are composed of heartless monsters but rather people with some very hard difficult choices they have to make.

People have to start growing up and face the reality that we're not invincible, and sometimes you just have to face things like the time for death and dying. It's not an if. You, me, and every single living thing on this planet will die at some point.

I'm not hollow with these words either. If I catch it I'm going to face my own words just like I faced it the last time I danced with death in February 2017.
Yeah, they're having to do that in Italy right now because their health system has been completely overloaded and they don't h ave enough life-saving equipment, supplies or medical personnel. And because of that, people who do not have to die, are dying. Those are people that could otherwise be saved, if only the medical supplies were available. Doctors are having to make life or death decisions that they shouldn't have to make.

Hence the reason we are self-isolating. So that doesn't happen here on the same scale as it is there. So doctors don't have to choose who lives or dies because they don't have enough medical supplies to save everyone who could be saved. They won't have to make such decisions, if we do this right.

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
I hope the actual numbers of how much money each group will receive will be published in a list that all can be easily accessed. Two trillion is a lot of money. If one subtracts the actual amount going directly to laid off workers and their families along with small businesses loans to pay laid off employees, it would clearly show how much relief is for the people and how much is for corporate support besides paying laid off workers. It would be interesting to know.

ecco

Veteran Member
The Democrats have blocked the bill three times, because tax credits for wind solar isn't extended, and auto emission standards aren't tightened.

Source? I'd need something more than "Republicans said".

Congress struggles to pass coronavirus bill as COVID-19 cases growDemocrats say the bill in question, a GOP proposal, does not provide enough money for individuals, states and hospitals and fails to put enough restrictions on coronavirus-hit industries, like the airlines, that will be able to borrow billions dollars from the federal government.

“It may make a lot of people rich, but it doesn’t have the resources in it today to take care of the most vulnerable in this country,” said Connecticut Sen. Chris Murphy in a speech on the Senate floor.

There are also Democratic concerns about an unprecedented $500 billion funding program of loans and loan guarantees proposed in the Republican bill. Blumenthal and other Democrats call it a “slush fund” because the Treasury Department would have broad discretion over who receives the money.​