• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spending money to save at risk people might not be profitable!

MNoBody

politics being the entertainment division of the MIC, like Zappa mentioned, why do we keep seeing people getting conned by the new boss who is the same as the old boss?
that gets discouraging after decades to see people just ape the script of the Idiocracy movie with no amount of effort by the many for decades to wake people out of this trance being apparently very effective....
...this too shall pass

dfnj

politics being the entertainment division of the MIC, like Zappa mentioned, why do we keep seeing people getting conned by the new boss who is the same as the old boss?
that gets discouraging after decades to see people just ape the script of the Idiocracy movie with no amount of effort by the many for decades to wake people out of this trance being apparently very effective....
...this too shall pass

Except if the Who sang the song today it would be:

And the parting on the right
Is now the parting on the left

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Mr. McMillan offers more than one reason for sacrificing grandma. For instance, in various Tweets he states it might be a good idea because (1) grandma is economically unproductive, (2) expensive to maintain, (3) someone whose life is not worth as much as the lives of others (namely, those people who might die if the economy tanks), etc. etc.

Apparently, Mr. McMillan hates grandma almost as much as Mr. Trump hates truth.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I think the fact that Mr. Millan's views have gathered almost instant support from the Right in America is evidence the Right does not believe in "life" as it professes to do so when arguing against abortion, but instead only believes something else -- maybe that women should not have sex and "get away with it".

MNoBody

in a duality construct how could we ever have the end of opposition as then the reality matrix itself would collapse.....Hmmm

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Really, the Right only values human lives that are either economically productive, or that belong to rich people.

The sanctity of life begins at conception and ends at birth. After that one's value is based upon their wealth, regardless of how it's obtained.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I think it is high time the Right quit hiding behind two things. Patriotism and Christianity. They are neither American patriots who value and cherish the best traditions of this great nation, nor are they followers of Christ.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The Right in America believes humans are born to serve the economy, rather than the economy is created to serve humans.

Cooky

Veteran Member
The morals of the Right begin and end with the dollar.

Yet at the same time, the left supports aborting babies based on lack of said "dollars"... As if "dollars" dictate whether a life should enter the world to begin with... Does the circular hypocrisy ever end?

shmogie

Shall we comb through your post history to highlight where you've habitually done the same?
Speak for millions of others? Not hardly mate. I speak for me, and believe in many cases those millions of others would agree with me.
Please, comb through my posts, you might learn something very worthwhile.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
If you think about it, the slowing of the spread is really only to prevent hospitals from becoming overwhelmed all at once... While hoping for a vaccination in the meantime.

...But ultimately, the 2.5% will likely be 2.5% regardless of the slowing of the spread. Just saying.
Which is meant to lower the death rate from hospitals being overwhelmed by sick patients and under-equipped to handle them. So that hospital staff don't have to choose who gets a ventilator and who doesn't. So that everyone who can be saved, can actually be saved.