• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spells

Deidre

So, I've been reading about spells, and I'm wondering if any of you employ these as you follow your path? I'm finding that I like the overall premise of the LHP, which is self actualization, and finding the roots to ourselves in order to find enlightenment. But, I also like the tenets of some other faiths, as well thus I've changed my religious ''status'' here to Eclecticism. It seems to fit where I am right now, and maybe have been for a few years.

But, spells. Hmmm. That's curious to me. I'm thinking of cauldrons of hot liquids and locks of hair boiling over while saying some type of mantra.

146926_main

haha JK! :D

But, just curious what are these spells? I'm wondering too about black magic. In the book I've finished about Luciferianism, the author spoke briefly about how we all employ this daily when we affirm ourselves, and follow our authentic selves.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
In our Order (Herald of the Dawn) we incorporate many practices and disciplines including all forms of majiq from lesser black majiq to workings of a autotheistic nature.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I have a strong bias towards numerology so I apologize for my erotic numericism.

But spellcraft in traditional Tussawufiyyah and Pythagorean is a matter of employing numerical patternization and the most traditional element of such spellcraft is the pentacle no doubt. Unites of 3 and 5 are deemed highly sacred for the capability in mathematics and universality. You will see patterns of 3 show up in all cases of life including religious practices and scientific disciplines.

Just remember that spellcraft in its most fundamental roots means to employ patterns and seek results from those patterns. I for example perform spells by merely focusing on geometric shapes which result in great insight and personal awareness.

Did I ever mention I solved my personal dilemma of perfecting a proper cold brewed coffee thanks to this. 3 was an important factor in this I should add :D.

Deidre

I have a strong bias towards numerology so I apologize for my erotic numericism.

But spellcraft in traditional Tussawufiyyah and Pythagorean is a matter of employing numerical patternization and the most traditional element of such spellcraft is the pentacle no doubt. Unites of 3 and 5 are deemed highly sacred for the capability in mathematics and universality. You will see patterns of 3 show up in all cases of life including religious practices and scientific disciplines.

Just remember that spellcraft in its most fundamental roots means to employ patterns and seek results from those patterns. I for example perform spells by merely focusing on geometric shapes which result in great insight and personal awareness.

Did I ever mention I solved my personal dilemma of perfecting a proper cold brewed coffee thanks to this. 3 was an important factor in this I should add :D.

ha, that's amazing. This was going to be my next question, if one can perform a spell for such precise things, like wants and desires, even of the mundane kind, like you perfecting cold brewed coffee. :blush:

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
ha, that's amazing. This was going to be my next question, if one can perform a spell for such precise things, like wants and desires, even of the mundane kind, like you perfecting cold brewed coffee. :blush:

Also classical Arabic spellcraft is under the conception of words and specifically poetry. My own username is a reference to that as Sha'ir which means poet is also synonymous to sorceror. This is where you get the introduction of "magical words" as this very concept was not of European origin. The achievement of elegance is associated with divine works which is where you see some of Islamic tradition copy from.

I often employ very short prayers that get refined further and further till they reach poetic levels and I then use those as sorcerer essentially. I am formulating a mantra through practice is what I am doing in a nutshell :D

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles
I usually employ spells to set my mind to ease for a while and have a dream experience. I've also casted spells to set aside pains for a while (so it wouldn't be distracting from more unavoidable manners) and for protection. I wouldn't really say magic is black and white. You could heal people (traditionally white magic) to use them as pawns, and you could cast curses (black magic usually) in order to defend other people from a really awful person. I think this would make me a "gray witch" because I don't think white and black magic are seperate but two sides of the same coin with reason being more important than what type.

Basically a spell is a type of ritual to change a situation. Magic is the use of spellwork. You could use your own two hands to do magic, in theory, but tools help. Admittedly magic is a wide concept that takes exploration to understand. Don't be afraid to dig in a little; you'll find both some very amazingly strange and very useful stuff. Perhaps both at the same time. Also word of thumb; if something makes you uncomfortable, don't do it. Magic is a useful tool but it can also bring in some very specific people with very specific goals and an extremist way of doing things. This is especially true of some left-hand path cult groups that publish books for money and power reasons.

That being said, many people usually study divination, meditation and/or Chaos Magic before doing things like more specific rituals and ceremonial magic, which builds on top of the more basic philosophies and practices. I started magic by learning Runecasting, actually, and now I've been finding ways to use the Runes as symbolism tools as well. You can get many, many magic books under the "occultism" section of Amazon (a subsection of the religion books).

Deidre

I usually employ spells to set my mind to ease for a while and have a dream experience. I've also casted spells to set aside pains for a while (so it wouldn't be distracting from more unavoidable manners) and for protection. I wouldn't really say magic is black and white. You could heal people (traditionally white magic) to use them as pawns, and you could cast curses (black magic usually) in order to defend other people from a really awful person. I think this would make me a "gray witch" because I don't think white and black magic are seperate but two sides of the same coin with reason being more important than what type.

Basically a spell is a type of ritual to change a situation. Magic is the use of spellwork. You could use your own two hands to do magic, in theory, but tools help. Admittedly magic is a wide concept that takes exploration to understand. Don't be afraid to dig in a little; you'll find both some very amazingly strange and very useful stuff. Perhaps both at the same time. Also word of thumb; if something makes you uncomfortable, don't do it. Magic is a useful tool but it can also bring in some very specific people with very specific goals and an extremist way of doing things. This is especially true of some left-hand path cult groups that publish books for money and power reasons.

That being said, many people usually study divination, meditation and/or Chaos Magic before doing things like more specific rituals and ceremonial magic, which builds on top of the more basic philosophies and practices. I started magic by learning Runecasting, actually, and now I've been finding ways to use the Runes as symbolism tools as well. You can get many, many magic books under the "occultism" section of Amazon (a subsection of the religion books).

Appreciate all of this insight! I think my internal dilemma with spells etc is that I don't know how I would feel modifying the natural course of something, even if it were to benefit me or someone else. Because wouldn't there be consequences to trying to change the outcome of something that would have a natural outcome? Maybe I'm over thinking it lol

SabahTheLoner

Appreciate all of this insight! I think my internal dilemma with spells etc is that I don't know how I would feel modifying the natural course of something, even if it were to benefit me or someone else. Because wouldn't there be consequences to trying to change the outcome of something that would have a natural outcome? Maybe I'm over thinking it lol

Yeah consequences are something that you should consider with spellwork. Basically just be sure that spellwork is the only or easiest way to take care of a situation and you're ready to accept any and all consequences of it. Usually the consequences will either be the beneficial ones or something you can shrug off. It's rare to have a large consequence based in magic.

Deidre

Yeah consequences are something that you should consider with spellwork. Basically just be sure that spellwork is the only or easiest way to take care of a situation and you're ready to accept any and all consequences of it. Usually the consequences will either be the beneficial ones or something you can shrug off. It's rare to have a large consequence based in magic.

It's interesting that you say this. Could magic ever be necessary or is it something one might reach for as an easier fix? Idk, but in some ways I feel like a spell is equal to taking a short cut to get what we think we want, but maybe not what we need? Just thinking out loud.

SabahTheLoner

It's interesting that you say this. Could magic ever be necessary or is it something one might reach for as an easier fix? Idk, but in some ways I feel like a spell is equal to taking a short cut to get what we think we want, but maybe not what we need? Just thinking out loud.

The last thing I would say about magic is having it be a quick fix, especially when in some cases it would be months before you get a result. Magic is a tool to make life a little more livable, in my opinion. Like all tools it should be used after some thought and careful evaluation. For example, I wouldn't use healing magic for an emergency situation if my friend got hurt. I might use some if my friend is in pain after the situation and wants me to use magic to ease their pain, but right after they get hurt no amount of magic will help more than the dialing of 911 (or whatever number you use for emergencies). In fact the only reason I had to use healing magic in myself was because we haven't been able to find a reliable doctor in the area and I was having new pains in my stomach. After a while I found out by myself it was a digestion problem and I changed my diet a little bit.

Sometimes, it's a bit hard to get what you want without magic. And even then many people I've talked to say that "if you do the magic, show that you want it to happen." Job applications won't magically submit themselves no matter how much job-seeking or money magic you do. Do the magic and then submit a resume to a few places. Show the magic that you want a job and it's more likely to work for you to get a job.

Deidre

The last thing I would say about magic is having it be a quick fix, especially when in some cases it would be months before you get a result. Magic is a tool to make life a little more livable, in my opinion. Like all tools it should be used after some thought and careful evaluation. For example, I wouldn't use healing magic for an emergency situation if my friend got hurt. I might use some if my friend is in pain after the situation and wants me to use magic to ease their pain, but right after they get hurt no amount of magic will help more than the dialing of 911 (or whatever number you use for emergencies). In fact the only reason I had to use healing magic in myself was because we haven't been able to find a reliable doctor in the area and I was having new pains in my stomach. After a while I found out by myself it was a digestion problem and I changed my diet a little bit.

Sometimes, it's a bit hard to get what you want without magic. And even then many people I've talked to say that "if you do the magic, show that you want it to happen." Job applications won't magically submit themselves no matter how much job-seeking or money magic you do. Do the magic and then submit a resume to a few places. Show the magic that you want a job and it's more likely to work for you to get a job.
TY for this info, do you believe that magic emanates from within, as opposed to say prayer that emanates from ''without?'' (outside of self)

SabahTheLoner

TY for this info, do you believe that magic emanates from within, as opposed to say prayer that emanates from ''without?'' (outside of self)

Magic can be found everywhere. It is both within and beyond the self.

jhwatts

Magic is in all of us. Why do you think one first things we are taught in school is how to "spell" and likewise not to "curse". Our words are much more powerful than most realize.