• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Speculations about the Democratic candidate if Gore joins

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
Unlike 2004, Gore has not specifically ruled out the possibility of running. Personally, I think all signs are pointing towards him running. Although he's weighed the idea more can be done outside of politics to combat the environmental crisis, he's become disillusioned with the Democrats taking a soft approach to the Iraq War.

I think if he entered the race Gore could easily give Obama and Clinton a run for their money. He's already been through the machine, so I don't see how he can lose any credibility unless he does something now. :shrug:

Gore/Obama ticket?

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Gore will just divide the Democrats even more. All we need now is another third party candidate to ice the cake.

Al did make a good vice president though. I especially liked him when he distanced himself from Clinton. Albert would do more for the Republican party than the Democrats. I would love to see him throw stones at Hillary.

I think you have it backwards. Obama / Gore sounds more appropriate.

des

Gore for VP? Go on... He's the most qualified person in there, and having been a vp, I don't think he'd want that job again. You honestly think he would serve under Obama or anyone else for that matter? (Perhaps he would advise in some capacity though.)

There seems to be something wrong with everyone running, but I like a few of them better quite a lot better than Kerry (might not take much..). Some good candidates, don't seem to have a chance at all. I would personally vote for him, but I have listened to him several times this weekend, and he seems thoroughly disillusioned with the process.
He was very hurt by the process in 2000, and he seems even more disgusted with it today.

So the question is, is he selling books or something else. Perhaps everybody just wants it to be something else.

--des

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
To me he only sounded authentic in the CNN debate when he was angered by the theoretical and shaky questions. I watched him deliver a speech to the 2004 convention, so I know he's got the ability to woo a crowd, but he sounded more scripted than Hillary on occassions.