• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Special Pleading and the Problem of Evil

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I've heard some theists describe Heaven as just basking in "God's glory" for eternity (which, somehow, never gets boring). I assume that this would mean no friendships, love interests, etc.
That description is very short-sighted. In Heaven we will continue to have personal relationships just as we have here. The only difference is that there is nothing physical in Heaven, everything including out bodies will be comprised of spiritual elements. We will have a soul (mind) and a way to communicate to each other but it will be very different from how we communicate here.

“As to the question whether the souls will recognize each other in the spiritual world: This (fact) is certain; for the Kingdom is the world of vision (i.e., things are visible in it), where all the concealed realities will become disclosed. How much more the well-known souls will become manifest. The mysteries of which man is heedless in this earthly world, those will he discover in the heavenly world, and there will he be informed of the secret of truth; how much more will he recognize or discover persons with whom he hath been associated. Undoubtedly, the holy souls who find a pure eye and are favored with insight will, in the kingdom of lights, be acquainted with all mysteries, and will seek the bounty of witnessing the reality of every great soul. Even they will manifestly behold the Beauty of God in that world. Likewise will they find all the friends of God, both those of the former and recent times, present in the heavenly assemblage.” Tablets of Abdul-Baha Abbas, p. 205

I am not planning I 'basking in God's glory' for all of eternity. Maybe that is what some Christians want to do but you can count me out. If I ever do see God, He will have lots of splaining to do. :mad: Maybe after that I will forgive Him for all the torment I have endured in this world and do some basking but I won't be doing that 24/7 because that would be boring and I don't like being bored.