• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Speaking where the Bible speaks...

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I saw a bumper sticker once that declared...
God said it
I believe it
That settles it!​

It hit me then how wrong this was. It should have read...
God said it
That settles it
I believe it!​

You see, we keep putting ourselves between God and the truth.

There are so many theories that we hold onto as "God's Truth" and they are merely extrapolations. IOW, we believe it SOOOO strongly, that we are sure that God believes it to.

I think it's time for all Christians to SPEAK only where the Bible Speaks, and to be SILENT where the Bible is Silent. If it's not in the scriptures, then it's merely a matter of opinion.

Take evolution. You can see Bible thumpers calling themselves creationists and condemning all of them thar evolutionists. That's funny, because I never see GOD condemning the evolutionists in the Bible.

Genesis teaches us that God created the world and everything in it. It never told us how. Do you think God could have USED evolution as a tool? Just as God uses brothers and sisters in our life today to change our hearts. Of course. it is very possible that he worked in the background to create all of us. God excels in using the obtuse to his glory.

Like baking a cake. You assemble (or grow) all of the ingredients. You mix it up and slide it into the oven. Twenty minutes later you smell the wonderful aroma. You mix up the icing and put the two pieces together with the icing on top and Walla... a cake.

Did you make the cake? Of course. Was there more than one step? Obviously. Did you just have to snap your fingers and make it appear to say that YOU made it? Of course not. Is the cake complaining and condemning any ingredient who thinks that there was more than one step? Probably not. They are just happy that they had a GREAT cook!

You see evolution is not covered by the scriptures. So why do we make such a big deal over it? It hurts our pride. Sure it does! We have defined God, instead of letting God define God. We bristle at the thought that we might be wrong. Our eyes get wide and we want to cry heretic! Blasphemer! But God never did. Not once. So I won't.

BTW those guys who call themselves "creationists"? I call them "Anti-evolutionists". :D

Do I believe in evolution? Not like you would think. I just don't think it really matters and it's horrible to see so many non-believers turned off by the narrow mindedness of those claiming to represent God. In fact, they are only making some sort of vague extrapolation on what they think God believes. They have put their beliefs above God's word. That's a shame. If you claim to believe in the Holy Scriptures, then you should speak only where the Bible speaks and realize all else is merely your opinion.