• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spatika mala

K

Krupa

Can my husband wear spatika mala while eating non veg, sex and drinking wine? He wanted to avoid smoking and drinking hard alcohol to control all this in mind he wanted to wear can he ?

Email: [email protected]

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Being somewhat more liberal in my beliefs, I'm going to say anyone can do anything they want (within reason). Your guide should be your heart and your gut. If he feels it's right, that it may help him in his journey I'd say go for it. If, however, he has doubts, then I'd say no. An example is wearing tulsi. I've read that one should not wear it if one is not vegetarian, and a few other restrictions. Otoh I've seen writings that say one should wear it for just that reason, to help in your spiritual journey. I don't think there's any better way of keeping God close than by wearing something very dear to him... with the right intentions (says the guy who can't grow a tulsi plant and has had so many tulsi malas break there's no number to describe how many). Just my pov.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Btw, I'm going to move this to the Hinduism DIR. Only staff members can see this in this area.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Jai, here is your correct श्री .
Krupa/Gunavathy, using e-mail as signature is dangerous in these cyber times. It is more a Cyber Yuga than a Kali Yuga. And perhaps Cyber is Kali. :D

If your husband is not yet an old person like me and does all that moderately, then let him continue. But having been a smoker for a time which may be the sum of your husband's age and yours, I would want your husband to give up smoking immediately. Best regards.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I tend to think of spatika as clear (no color) quartz crystal, but I suppose it can be any color. They're beautiful. :)

jien57908

I think he should not wear while having sexual activity. Drinking and smoking is bad and he can wear it if he wants to quit these habits.