• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Space-Time and Theory of Evolution

idav

Being
Premium Member
Can time and space be considered separate independent properties?
In my view biological evolution is matters attempt to break free of spacetime. I don't know if consciousness did it but it sure makes us think so, with things like the illusion of free-will, well maybe not an illusion if it accomplishes it in any way, even if only in the minutest scales.

When matter formed it became bound to spacetime at the macro level, then matter tries to tap back into the very energy it spawned from.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Enough space and enough time?

I wouldn't pretend to express what @fantome profane was really meaning, but I understood the statement to mean "Give life (the product of evolution) enough space (enough converging probabilities or chance occurances over a wide area) and enough time (a period required to come to fruition) and watch how it evolves (and see the mechanics of the process, in action)."

Can time and space be considered separate and independent?
Newton certainly thought so, but it took Einstein to inform us that it was all relative.

the question is :
Who gave the life in first place ?
There is simply no evidence that any "who" was involved, so why presume there was? It is simply conjecture opined by limited minds that are incapable of seeing the larger processes as work. God is the dumbed-down answer. Hopefully, we have grown enough as a species to be able to appreciate far richer and far more satisfying answers.

Last edited:

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Popular hypotheses credit a primordial soup, a bolt of lightning and a colossal stroke of luck. But if a provocative new theory is correct, luck may have little to do with it. Instead, according to the physicist proposing the idea, the origin and subsequent evolution of life follow from the fundamental laws of nature and “should be as unsurprising as rocks rolling downhill.”

https://www.quantamagazine.org/20140122-a-new-physics-theory-of-life/

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Can time and space be considered separate and independent?
In physics, no. In everyday activities, including selective breeding (evolution), yes.

the question is :
Who gave the life in first place ?
There is no reason to assume there is any "who," There's certainly no evidence of a who, and even if there were a who, it wouldn't explain what mechanism was used for evolution.

jonathan180iq

Popular hypotheses credit a primordial soup, a bolt of lightning and a colossal stroke of luck. But if a provocative new theory is correct, luck may have little to do with it. Instead, according to the physicist proposing the idea, the origin and subsequent evolution of life follow from the fundamental laws of nature and “should be as unsurprising as rocks rolling downhill.”

The view from physics makes the dividing line between life and non-life very very faint.

It's all just stuff. If there is stuff, there will inevitably be life, as life is obviously part of stuff.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
There is simply no evidence that any "who" was involved, so why presume there was? It is simply conjecture opined by limited minds that are incapable of seeing the larger processes as work. God is the dumbed-down answer. Hopefully, we have grown enough as a species to be able to appreciate far richer and far more satisfying answers.
That's the major question the human being try to find answser,inspite the level of science and intellegence.
Same thing about revive the death.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Who gave birth to the who?
Where did the who come from?
How do you know there's a who?
1-The Creator.
2- Why you care? care about your self first.
It's like a "car" curious where the humans come from !

3-From Quran,and from facts that I believe I am created,and there is Creator.

atanu

Premium Member
In physics, no. In everyday activities, including selective breeding (evolution), yes.

Well. Has physics then no connection with everyday activities?

What the knowledge of Relativity suggests is that time is an artefact and that all possible space-time planes exist. Sense of and quantification of past and future depend on frame of reference of observation.

My point is that when we critique scripture why we assume that our mundane waking state sense experiences are the only possible experiences/realities? Why we assume that all frame of references are fixed and common?

atanu

Premium Member

I do not get the implication of space-time there.