• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Space Aliens?

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
Would visting space aliens find our religious beliefs enlightened or primitive? Please explain your reasoning.

Last edited:

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Would visting space aliens find our religious beliefs enlightened or primitive? Please explain your reasoning.
Let's break it down. If they visit, we could assume that have technology that far out paces our own. If they are able to explore the cosmos on demand, we can begin to piece together the idea that they have transcended religious belief. On the other hand, they could just as easily have access to answers/resources that affirm certain religious principles. We might never know...

PureX

Veteran Member
Beings that could traverse such distances in space would have already unraveled mysteries that we can't yet even imagine. For them, visiting Earth would be like visiting a primitive zoo, and our ideas about the nature and purpose of existence would be about the equivalent of a squirrel's understanding, to us.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
I think a general notion is that space aliens that can travel to our world will be smarter than us, but what if because of their advance technology they never have to bother with learning things like math or physics. Computers do all the hard thinking and work.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Primitive.

Clever extraterrestrials wouldn't tell us as much , however. They would come to earth with a Christian Bible and tell us that a Zorkian god came to their planet Zork and left them the same scripture we have modified mutatis mutandis (Bethlehem becomes Zork City, Jericho is Zorkville, etc.)

Imagine the reception they would get and the havoc they could wreak.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
Without the word of Christ are space aliens condemned to Hell? Let's not forget Christ is God's only begotten son.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
The aliens will tell us about Zunak and how he snurged for our polgars, and that we must accept him into our hearts in order to save our immortal vythans from eternal fowok.

Father

Devourer of Truth
33a7fdd9e7570ce663fb8c6924118c0d.jpg
if they are far enough above us to travel through space. well off enough to waste time in some backwoods solar system and even more so as to talk with the primitive life on it. they are either Atheistic by nature or by logical reasoning. agnostic as in holding no opinion. or Deistic. as knowing some order or hidden code we dont know. but the odds of them being a theistic faith similar to what humans concoct with a personal wrathful and flawed deity is very small. and i pray to nothing that we are the only life stupid enough to have such ideals and that life elsewhere is smarter.

DennisTate

Good question......
a related idea is could aliens have played a role in the ways that certain religions
developed?

"What about beings from other planets, do you think they visit here?

Yes I do. And I think those who have been permitted to cross over into our world have been doing so for a very long time now (for a very important purpose) as Divinely arranged by Heaven. Since my NDE, because of a few things I was shown, it is now my deep belief that some of the more phenomenal events depicted in the Old Testament (such as the Great flood of Noah, the parting of the Red Sea for Moses, the mass explosion of Sodom and Gomorrah, etc) are not only very true, but were moments in time which were orchestrated and performed by beings of a much higher order and intelligence than our own "who may have volunteered their technology and understandings or even sent to help guide and shape a culture within humanity during a pressing time within its development and evolution." (Christian Andreason, chapter 2 of online book)
Spirituality