• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Soylent is now a real thing

WyattDerp

Soylent contains all of the nutritive components of a balanced diet, but with just a third of the calories and none of the toxins or cancer-causing stuff you'd usually find waiting to kill you in your lunch. Despite the fact it looks a bit like vomit, Soylent supposedly has the potential to change the entire world's relationship with food, so I spoke to Rob to find out how.

This Man Thinks He Never Has to Eat Again | VICE United Kingdom

I'm not sure what to think of it.. might be a bad idea, might be an awesome idea; but the name/connotation still creeps me out ^^

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Wow, interesting. I can see swapping out a couple of meals a day for something like that, but I'd really need to know what's in it. I hate cooking.

Well I like cooking - I hate cleaning and the time consumption of doing both 3 times a day. But I would definitely love to swap a few meals for something like this. I don't care much for breakfast or lunch but dinner could still be regular food. I'd be very interested in trying this!

Plus sounds not too bad and perhaps a great jump in health! Be nice to have this to lose weight healthily.

:yes:

Last edited:

WyattDerp

What could go better with a nice meal of Soylent than a refreshing glass of Soylent!

h39606486

apophenia

Interesting idea, but a major oversimplification. I somehow doubt that a young software engineer has sufficient knowledge of nutrition to come up with a single simple recipe which covers every significant nutrient and micronutrient in an optimal balance.

For example "I'd been reading a lot of books on biology and I started to think that it's probably all the same to our cells whether it gets nutrients from a powder or a carrot." Actually it isn't all the same to our body. It has recently been found for example that the antioxidants in a carrot are not absorbed by the body in the absence of the fibre.

I'm sure there are plenty of other details ...

BrokenHearted2

вяσкєη вυт вєιηg яєѕтσяє∂
Blech!! All I can think of is nasty curdled tube feeding that has been left out too long in a nursing home patients' room. I'm glad the poor guy doesn't have the expense of a girl friend or take out. He's gonna need that money after a while for antidiarrheals and adult diapers!!!

From "The Matrix"
Dozer: It's a single-celled protein combined with synthetic aminos, vitamins, and minerals. Everything the body needs.
Mouse: It doesn't have "everything the body needs"...