• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Soybean oil products?

InChrist

Free4ever
Yes it is. Reread points 1-6 again, as I'm not seeing what you are. Hybridization is still genetically modifying an organism, albeit in a slower fashion than some current industrial methods. My point still stands, 100% of what we eat, has been genetically guided in some way, by humans. This does not make it harmful to us.
Okay, if you want to consider all plant hybridization or modification “GMO”, I won’t argue that with you. What I consider to be GMO is point 6 and think these aspects to be especially questionable and unhealthy ...

“Inserting genes from unrelated species (transgenic) is substantially more challenging – this is the only technique in our spectrum of GM technology that can produce an organism that could not occur naturally. “

“Since the 1990s several crops have been engineered with a gene from the soil bacteria Bacillus thuringiensis. This bacteria gives “Bt corn” and other engineered crops resistance to certain pests, and acts as an appealing alternative to pesticide use.”
All our food is 'genetically modified' in some way – where do you draw the line? - Alliance for Science