• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Southern Poverty Law Center suggests Trump empowered Hate Groups in 2017

Do you believe Donald Trump Encourages Violence and Hate?

• Yes

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The number of U.S. hate groups expanded last year under President Donald Trump, fueled by his immigration stance and the perception that he sympathized with those espousing white supremacy, the Southern Poverty Law Center said on Wednesday.

There were 954 hate groups in the country in 2017, marking a 4 percent increase over the previous year when the number rose 2.8 percent, the civil rights watchdog said in its annual census of such groups.

Since 2014, the number has jumped 20 percent, it said.

Source: Southern Poverty Law Center Says Trump Inspired Even More Hate Groups In 2017 | HuffPost

Do you agree with the conclusion of the article? That Trump helped fuel right wing hatred and fanaticism?

Why or why not?

It would be hard to speak in specifics, but things that Trump said at his rallies appeared hateful and divisive to me. I wouldn't be able to say exactly how much that contributed because I'm not a pollster, and don't analyze statistics.

The following are arguable examples of Trump engaging in hate speech:

Trump’s History of Encouraging Violence

Last edited:

Mindmaster

Premium Member

SPLC - Garbage.
Huffington Post - Garbage.

Nothing more really needs to be said, but you can look at these pages on SPLC.

Alt-Right

The only alt-right that's even correct there is Milo, everyone else is the extreme racial right.

Alex Jones

"Antigovernment movement" for Alex Jones, completely ridiculous.

Alex Jones

Stephan Molyneaux - Absolutely ridiculous to be on this site, he is an extremely mild mannered dude. Alt-right, centrist, also highly intelligent/rational. I'm pretty sure anyone could learn something by watching a few of his videos.

Stefan Molyneaux

The alt-right is not racist, as long as these dips think that they're nothing more than what they accuse others of, they're an extremist left propaganda site. About the only thing right on the site is the Islamophobes and extreme racists, but they're so goddamn obvious you'd be blind to miss. Needless to say, they're too stupid to trust on anything.

Huffington Post is just a sensational extreme leftists trash rag. I rather read a roll of blank toilet paper.

The only reason there is an increase in hate groups is because SPLC made every alt-right whatever into a racist group/person. So, either they don't know what alt-right is, or they are being deceptive. I just can't think they're that stupid...

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
SPLC - Garbage.
Huffington Post - Garbage.

Yes, that's your opinion I'm sure.

Stephan Molyneaux - Absolutely ridiculous to be on this site, he is an extremely mild mannered dude. Alt-right, centrist, also highly intelligent/rational. I'm pretty sure anyone could learn something by watching a few of his videos.

I won't comment on this, as I've never watched anything of his. I don't deny you could be right.

The alt-right is not racist, as long as these dips think that they're nothing more than what they accuse others of

Which is?

Huffington Post is just a sensational extreme leftists trash rag. I rather read a roll of blank toilet paper.

People say the same about Brietbart and Fox :)

The only reason there is an increase in hate groups is because SPLC made every alt-right whatever into a racist group/person.

I don't think they would do so without taking into account what these groups think. Of course, I'm not saying they must have infallible perception or anything like that.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I don't think they would do so without taking into account what these groups think. Of course, I'm not saying they must have infallible perception or anything like that.

Or, they know and aim to deceive which I find more likely. If you don't watch any of these people a few times you really can't make a determination. Anytime you take someones word blindly and form a belief of it, you're screwed anyway.

I guess the largest reason I personally think SPLC is biased is including every alt-right into that list, and not mentioning a single racist leftist group of which there are many.

Brietbart is biased right as is Fox, no doubt, but Huffington Post is the worst news on the Internet next to Buzzfeed. At least BB/Fox TRY to present the facts, even with their bias. HP just invents stupid speculation and opinion pieces. I have no time for speculation and opinion when I read a "news" site. :D Hell, I think CNN is better than HP and that's saying a bunch.

There is really a lack of honest news period, you can't use any of them as something reliable. You have to read many sites and sort of compile them into the relative truth. :D

Duke_Leto

I won't comment on this, as I've never watched anything of his. I don't deny you could be right.

I take certain issues with the directions the SPLC has gone recently, but Stephan Molyneaux is about the farthest thing you could imagine from "mild-mannered" or "rational". He's easily angered, yells often, the type that rants about "white genocide", feminism (and women in general), calls himself an "Objectivist" a la Ayn Rand, pretends to be knowledgeable in philosophy, thinks of himself as a genius or something, and has weird delusions of grandeur. A quote of his:

Women who choose the a******s will ****ing end this race. They will ****ing end this human race if we don't start holding them a-****ing-countable. Women who choose a******s guarantee child abuse. Women who choose ******** guarantee criminality. Sociopathy. Politicians. All the cold-hearted jerks who run the world came out of the vaginas of women who married ********, and I don't know how to make the world a better place without holding women accountable for choosing ********! Your dad was an ******* because your mother chose him, because it works on so many women! If "*******" wasn't a great reproductive strategy, it would have been gone long ago. Women keep that black ******* flame alive. They cup their hands around it. They protect it with their bodies...Keep ****ing monsters, we get catastrophes, we get war, we get nuclear weapons, we get national debts, we get incarcerations and prison guards and all the other florid ******** who rule the world. Women worship at the feet of the devil and wonder why the world is evil.

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Stefan Molyneaux

Tell ya what, I'll take you up on that.
Wanna throw me a couple of links?
I'll look for some randomly either way.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
There was a day that the SPLC did wonderful work. Since they have basically thrown anyone to the right of Hillary under the hate banner they really have lost a great deal of credibility in my eyes. So, thumbs up, for the past work; not so much for their work now. They should put themselves on their list for being blatantly against many conservative groups and individuals. To be honest, many on the right are wearing their designations as a badge of honor.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I voted <sometimes>.
But then, so does the SPLC.
Hatred & violence from the left is something they'd notice
less than would those of us on the receiving end of it.

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
Stephan Molyneaux - Absolutely ridiculous to be on this site, he is an extremely mild mannered dude. Alt-right, centrist, also highly intelligent/rational.

Yeah, I was looking at this Molyneaux dude last night. Looking at things he's said and some of his videos. He is not moderate. He believes women/bad mothers are to blame for anytime a child goes wrong. That is not someone I call centrist.

He also seems to encourage disassociation from one's parents and relatives. Some have called him cult-like by comparison.

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
Stephan Molyneaux is about the farthest thing you could imagine from "mild-mannered" or "rational". He's easily angered, yells often, the type that rants about "white genocide", feminism (and women in general), calls himself an "Objectivist" a la Ayn Rand, pretends to be knowledgeable in philosophy, thinks of himself as a genius or something, and has weird delusions of grandeur.

Yeah I'd noticed. Definitely not someone I'd call stable or centrist. His views about women are pretty appalling.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Trump almost daily states or posts statements of hate, so if some can't see that maybe they're so used to hating others that they don't even realize that they're doing as such themselves. IOW, to them maybe it's all just "normal" and justified by those whom are the victims of hate supposedly deserving as such. Like "crooked Hillary" and "Lock her up!" [no trial needed].