• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Southern Border Crossing for FY2021 Set Record

Watchmen

Premium Member
There is no if about it. You asked a loaded question. And the difference is only a matter of degree of how insulting the person asking the question is trying to be. You apparently are blind to how you were trying to insult others. Everyone else saw right through it.

By the way, you were the only one that was triggered here. I hope you realize that.
I wasn’t triggered. And I wasn’t insulting with my question, but you were with yours. That’s a key difference.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Just a random thought: Can you have government without borders? If so, what does that look like?
I suppose that depends on what you mean by "borders". Between the end of the Roman Empire and the beginning of the 20th century, organized border controls were extremely uncommon in Europe and most of the Mediterranean basin, and controlling the flow of goods or people into or outside a country was not a major focus of government policy.

Obviously, the medieval warlords and city states of Europe still ruled over territory they controlled and marked, however my understanding has been that pre-industrial and even industrial era governance was a lot less focused on controlling the flow of people - that only became a dominant principle of governance with the Cold War, with a major focus on keeping people outside or inside borders and controlling the flow of refugees that I don't believe existed prior to WW2, let alone WW1.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I wasn’t triggered. And I wasn’t insulting with my question, but you were with yours. That’s a key difference.
Yes you were. You were the only one that reported, or threatened to report someone over a non-issue. And yes, you were insulting with your question. You implied that people believed something that almost everyone (except for @Kooky) did not believe. That is insulting. The only difference was a matter of degree. And in my case I made it clear that the question was not being asked as if I meant it. It was only asked to demonstrate your error. When you get angry over a correction that is being "triggered".

Watchmen

Premium Member
Yes you were. You were the only one that reported, or threatened to report someone over a non-issue. And yes, you were insulting with your question. You implied that people believed something that almost everyone (except for @Kooky) did not believe. That is insulting. The only difference was a matter of degree. And in my case I made it clear that the question was not being asked as if I meant it. It was only asked to demonstrate your error. When you get angry over a correction that is being "triggered".
There was no anger, so how could I be “triggered”? Lol

I think you ought to look in the mirror.

Also, the dialogue with Kooky and others demonstrates you were wrong.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There was no anger, so how could I be “triggered”? Lol

I think you ought to look in the mirror.

Also, the dialogue with Kooky and others demonstrates you were wrong.
Really? I remember quite well how you were so ticked off because you refused to understand your error that you claimed to report me for using an example that made it obvious. Some people just get worn down by continued ignorance.

Why didn't you rephrase your question?

Watchmen

Premium Member
Really? I remember quite well how you were so ticked off because you refused to understand your error that you claimed to report me for using an example that made it obvious. Some people just get worn down by continued ignorance.

Why didn't you rephrase your question?
No, sir. You’ve made up a “memory.” I encourage you to seek therapy. You may suffer from various ailments as it seems you’re claiming to know the mental state of what could be a bot for all intents and purposes. There was zero evidence of anger, triggering, etc. I wish you well and hope you get the help you need.