• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Southern Baptist church leaders found to have molested

Spartan

im assuming you don't follow all of the bible, you don't advocate for rape victims to marry their rapist, but that's in Leviticus too, which sounds like hypocrisy to me

I'm assuming you missed all the other scriptures that condemn gay sex in the Bible apart from Leviticus. Sounds like shallowness to me.

Spartan

How about like the godly Catholic priests who believe they have no sin and that God's ok with their immoral life style?
How about like the godly Boy Scout Leaders who believe they have no sin and that God's ok with their immoral life style?
How about like the godly Southern Baptist preachers who believe they have no sin and that God's ok with their immoral life style?

Yep, all unrepentant sinners will drop down into the Pit. I have seen a few popular preachers repent of their adulteries and other sins over the years, but repentance in the active homosexual community is rare. They're determined not to even consider their sexual immorality to be sinful. And unless people repent, they will perish (Luke 13:3).

Spartan

I sometimes wonder if God and Jesus and the Holy Ghost had male on male sex in the all-of-eternity before He/They created the universe. I mean, that's a loooong time without any females (or even sheep) around.

That would be assuming God is gay, which is an incomprehensible slur among the spiritually challenged.

JJ50

If you had even an ounce of spiritual awareness and Biblical insight you wouldn't be tossing ignorant ad hominems around.
I will challenge your SICK anti-gay stance, using that not so good book to back up your disgusting behaviour on this forum doesn't do you any favours whatsoever.

sooda

Veteran Member
The RCC is not a closed system and is often in the media spotlight due to the sexual abuse perpetrated by some of it priests , which that church covered up for many years.:mad:

I wouldn't be too smug.. Protestant churches, Jewish congregations have also protected pedophile by looking the other way.. sort of like Jerry Sandusky and Joe Paterno.

sooda

Veteran Member
I'm assuming you missed all the other scriptures that condemn gay sex in the Bible apart from Leviticus. Sounds like shallowness to me.

Leviticus was written during the Babylonian exile..

Meanwhile,

Ezekiel 16:49-50 49"'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. 50They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.

JJ50

I wouldn't be too smug.. Protestant churches, Jewish congregations have also protected pedophile by looking the other way.. sort of like Jerry Sandusky and Joe Paterno.
Not to the same extent as the Catholics, but if anyone covers it up abuse they should be prosecuted too.

ecco

Veteran Member
Whilst of course some non religious people are paedophiles, it does seem that the Christian religion, especially the more extreme versions of it, appears to encourage that behaviour.
Could it be that your assessment is based on the fact that you know more about Christianity than Islam, Hinduism or any other religions?

JJ50

Could it be that your assessment is based on the fact that you know more about Christianity than Islam, Hinduism or any other religions?

I do know much more about Christianity than other religion having been a Christian in my youth. Islam comes to the fore a lot because of the extremist IS mob.

ecco

Veteran Member
Yep, all unrepentant sinners will drop down into the Pit. I have seen a few popular preachers repent of their adulteries and other sins over the years, but repentance in the active homosexual community is rare. They're determined not to even consider their sexual immorality to be sinful. And unless people repent, they will perish (Luke 13:3).
Then it's probably also true that God will punish homosexual homophobes for hypocrisy.

ecco

Veteran Member
I sometimes wonder if God and Jesus and the Holy Ghost had male on male sex in the all-of-eternity before He/They created the universe. I mean, that's a loooong time without any females (or even sheep) around.
That would be assuming God is gay, which is an incomprehensible slur among the spiritually challenged.
"incomprehensible slur"?
I guess it wasn't incomprehensible to you since you understood and commented on it.