• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Southern Baptist church leaders found to have molested

Spartan

What about divorce and remarriage, is that a sin or do you agree with Pat Robertson that people shouldn't consider divorce and remarriage as a sin anymore?

Everybody answers for their sins. Thank God Christ paid for mine. Do you have a "Get out of jail free card"?

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Nope, it's what the Bible says. Do you need to see all the scriptures that condemn gay sex?

im assuming you don't follow all of the bible, you don't advocate for rape victims to marry their rapist, but that's in Leviticus too, which sounds like hypocrisy to me

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
You mean like sodomites who believe they have no sin and that God's ok with their immoral life style?

Why does the first thought go to teh buttsecks? How do you know about it? o_O

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
It's a relatively common theme though. The Weird Science of Homophobes Who Turn Out to Be Gay I'm not saying everyone, as you're absolutely right that there are plenty of bigots anyway.

I can speak from experience. I only came out when I was 38. I not only vehemently denied being gay to anyone who'd listen, I was quite vocal in my disdain and mockery of other gay guys.

And now we have it... I'm out and as queer as a herd of unicorns...

But a studly unicorn. :D

rainbow_unicorn__by_lanasy-d9242j2.png

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
The weird thing is that most people JUST DON'T CARE. It's none of our business, and what others do with regard to sexuality, unless they're with us, it makes absolutely no difference. No more than some guy in Moscow driving a Toyota.

InChrist

Free4ever
Southern Baptist leader shave been found to have molested over 700 victims by over 200 clergymen , who knows that could be a lot higher, this is just whom of the adults came forward so far.

Heres an article about the convention that took place to talk about it.Looks like the Catholic church isnt the only ones with the issue.

Sex abuse crisis tops agenda as Southern Baptists convene
This kind of abuse is disgusting and it is happening everywhere. Those who claim to represent Christ and commit such crimes against others, usually children, will certainly face eternal damnation and hopefully their victims will get justice and see their predators face consequences for their evil actions at present.

“If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea. Matthew 18:16

Here is a link to Jimmy Hinton's Ministry which addresses the abuse which takes place in churches and educates concerning this subject. His own father was a pastor who abused children for many years. When Jimmy and his mother found out they turned their father/husband/pastor in to the police and this wicked man has been in prison since....JimmyHinton.org

ecco

Veteran Member
You mean like sodomites who believe they have no sin and that God's ok with their immoral life style?
How about like the godly Catholic priests who believe they have no sin and that God's ok with their immoral life style?
How about like the godly Boy Scout Leaders who believe they have no sin and that God's ok with their immoral life style?
How about like the godly Southern Baptist preachers who believe they have no sin and that God's ok with their immoral life style?

ecco

Veteran Member
Nope, it's what the Bible says. Do you need to see all the scriptures that condemn gay sex?
No.
Could you list all the scriptures that condemn gay sex?
Then I'll list all the scriptures that condemn eating bacon. I'll bet you eat bacon. For shame.

ecco

Veteran Member
Jesus is God in the Bible
I sometimes wonder if God and Jesus and the Holy Ghost had male on male sex in the all-of-eternity before He/They created the universe. I mean, that's a loooong time without any females (or even sheep) around.