• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Southern Baptist church leaders found to have molested

sooda

Veteran Member
The Bible gets a lot of things WRONG and that is one of them. You would probably be an anti-gay bigot even if you weren't a religious extremist!

@Spartan

Extreme self-righteous homophobia always brings the sexuality of the accuser into question.

Like Michele Bachmann's effeminate husband getting government grants to provide conversion classes for homosexual men.

sooda

Veteran Member
@Spartan

Matthew 19:10-12 10The disciples said to him, "If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry." 11

Jesus
replied,

"Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given.

12For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others-and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it."

Spartan

I'd like to see something Christ said on the subject.

First of all, why should Jesus need to reiterate what was already the moral law against gay sex?

Second, do you even know who Jesus is in the Bible? Jesus is God in the Bible (numerous scriptures). As God, Jesus is the one who gave Moses the Leviticus law against gay sexual relations to begin with; and he’s the one who inspires all Scripture (2 Timothy 3:16), including prohibitions against gay sexual relations in Romans 1:26-27 and I Corinthians 6:9-10, etc.

It’s also worth noting that Jesus didn’t mention wife beating or other sins such as pedophilia either, and there are not many folks who would argue he approved of those behaviors. So Jesus was under no obligation to reiterate the moral laws against homosexual sin that already existed, unless there were clarifications to be made.

sooda

Veteran Member
What's wrong with you?

Matthew 19:10-12 10The disciples said to him, "If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry." 11Jesus replied, "Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. 12For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others-and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it."

Spartan

This is 2019.. We are smarter then they were in the bloody Bronze Age. God made homosexuals too.

Nice try. If you're buying into gay sex as a viable life style, then you're buying into a belief dating way back to the days of Sodom and Gomorrah.

And I seriously doubt God made gays. The last science I saw on how gayness comes about is via abnormal, prenatal endocrine influences in the womb.

Spartan

What's wrong with you?

Matthew 19:10-12 10The disciples said to him, "If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry." 11Jesus replied, "Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. 12For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others-and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it."

So, God created pedophiles too?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Jesus said some are born gay. Here Jesus refers to "eunuchs who have been so from birth.". This terminology ("born eunuchs") was used in the ancient world to refer to homosexual men. Jesus indicates that being a "born eunuch" is a gift from God.
Would Jesus Discriminate? - Jesus said some are born gay
www.wouldjesusdiscriminate.org/biblical_evidence/born_gay.html

No... that isn't what the Biblical term means. No more than if I say I am going to mow the grass it means I am cutting down cannabis .

Skwim

Veteran Member
You mean like sodomites who believe they have no sin and that God's ok with their immoral life style?
If they care about Biblical sin I'm sure they believe it is a sin, but then look around and see all the sins other Christians continue to commit and figure their sin is no worse.

2016.11.28-Pot-Kettle-300x231.jpg

And if they don't care about your Biblical sin, so what?

Last edited:

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
It's not "my version" of God. It's what the Bible actually says - that homosexual sex is a sin and an abomination.
What about divorce and remarriage, is that a sin or do you agree with Pat Robertson that people shouldn't consider divorce and remarriage as a sin anymore?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
People who think about it all the time also make the most anti - noise. Most folks don't think about it that much at all. I still think there is a very good psychology behind the idea that homophobes are often closet homosexuals. Repression does weird things to the mind.

Spartan

If they care about Biblical sin I'm sure they believe it is a sin, but look around and see all the sins other Christians continue to commit and figure their sin is no worse.

2016.11.28-Pot-Kettle-300x231.jpg

And if they don't care about your Biblical sin, so what?

Everybody gets to answer for their sins, you and me included.