• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Source Of Asperger's Syndrome Found: It's Demons

Skwim

Veteran Member

"Christian Pastor: Greta Thunberg “Needs Jesus” Since She’s Possessed by Demons

Anti-LGBTQ Pastor Kevin Swanson, a guy who once blamed Hurricane Harvey on the city of Houston having “a very, very aggressively pro-homosexual mayor,” isn’t happy that teenage activist Greta Thunberg was named TIME magazine’s “Person of the Year.”

He said on his radio show this week that the reason Thunberg has Asperger’s is because she’s been possessed by a demon, and the only cure is Jesus.

KevinSwansonPastorHater-1024x571.png

“She’s psychologically disturbed,” Swanson said… “I have to say there is something very disturbing about the appearance of and the presentation of this Greta Thunberg,” Swanson commented. “The other demonic spirits are using her to lead the world wherever it’s going.”

“Friends, if this isn’t a quintessential demonstration of the death of the West, or what an entire empire, what multiple empires, look like at the verge of collapsing, this is it,” he added. “It’s ridiculous. On the one hand, we want to be compassionate with Greta. I truly believe that Greta needs Jesus and short of her coming to Christ, I don’t know what is going to happen to this young lady. It is sad to see her in the condition that she is in.”

source

Last edited:

sooda

Veteran Member

Anti-LGBTQ Pastor Kevin Swanson, a guy who once blamed Hurricane Harvey on the city of Houston having “a very, very aggressively pro-homosexual mayor,” isn’t happy that teenage activist Greta Thunberg was named TIME magazine’s “Person of the Year.”

He said on his radio show this week that the reason Thunberg has Asperger’s is because she’s been possessed by a demon, and the only cure is Jesus.

“She’s psychologically disturbed,” Swanson said… “I have to say there is something very disturbing about the appearance of and the presentation of this Greta Thunberg,” Swanson commented. “The other demonic spirits are using her to lead the world wherever it’s going.”

“Friends, if this isn’t a quintessential demonstration of the death of the West, or what an entire empire, what multiple empires, look like at the verge of collapsing, this is it,” he added. “It’s ridiculous. On the one hand, we want to be compassionate with Greta. I truly believe that Greta needs Jesus and short of her coming to Christ, I don’t know what is going to happen to this young lady. It is sad to see her in the condition that she is in.”

source

He's a moron.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

source

I think this guy needs treatment

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Something very disturbing? What has she said that's disturbing? I understand if people disagree with her, but she's hardly a demented individual.

I often forget what it was like to experience a world where my opinions on things were dictated on supposed supernatural influences framed by my religious outlook on the world. Demons were always trying to influence this or that, and I always had to stay vigilant to not be tricked by evil spirits. Seems like forever ago, and it really makes me realize how clueless I was to fall prey to such superstitions. Makes it easier if you accept ideas as facts without testing them in any way.

I'd like to know what the bible has to say about Asperger's Syndrome and demon possession. I suspect it doesn't say much at all even about mental states in general.

sealchan

source

Either that or we are witnessing the promise of the Lord in Isaiah 11:6...

The wolf will live with the lamb,
the leopard will lie down with the goat,
the calf and the lion and the yearling a together;
and a little child will lead them.

Makes one wish for a literal rapture to come...I just know I would be happier no matter the result as I am not on Swanson side of a sense of what is demonic.

Flame

Beware
Me too... In ancient legends after the "fall" God separated Adam from Eve for 130 years. During that time Adam cohabited with Lilith and she gave birth to "demons".

:p

Which version of the myth is this? I've heard several versions and Eve never came before Lilith.

sooda

Veteran Member
Which version of the myth is this? I've heard several versions and Eve never came before Lilith.

Preslamic myth from Arabia.. Older than Judaism I think. Look under ancient Jewish mythology..

Lilith | Definition & Mythology | Britannica
https://www.britannica.com/topic/Lilith-Jewish-folklore
Lilith, female demonic figure of Jewish folklore. Her name and personality are thought to be derived from the class of Mesopotamian demons called lilû (feminine: lilītu), and the name is usually translated as “night monster.” A cult associated with Lilith survived among some Jews as late as the 7th century ce.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

source

The cause of me having Asperger's Syndrome is unknown. I postulate the Aspie's mind might be wired a bit differently than how somebody whose mind is considered as normal might be wired. However, I do understand why somebody whose livelihood is funded in part by those who believe in demons might demonize the Aspie's mind,

Skwim

Veteran Member
The cause of me having Asperger's Syndrome is unknown. I postulate the Aspie's mind might be wired a bit differently than how somebody whose mind is considered as normal might be wired. However, I do understand why somebody whose livelihood is funded in part by those who believe in demons might demonize the Aspie's mind,
From Wikipedia.

"The exact cause of Asperger's is unknown. While it is largely inherited, the underlying genetics have not been determined conclusively. Environmental factors are also believed to play a role. Brain imaging has not identified a common underlying condition. In 2013, the diagnosis of Asperger's was removed from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), and people with these symptoms are now included within the autism spectrum disorder along with autism and pervasive developmental disorder not otherwise specified (PDD-NOS). It remains within the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-11) as of 2019 but as a subtype of autism spectrum disorder."

Skwim

Veteran Member

From TIME magazine

"Thunberg attributes her determination to her diagnosis of Asperger’s, a mild form of autism spectrum disorder. “It makes me see the world differently. I see through lies more easily,” she says. “I don’t like compromising. For me, it’s either you are sustainable or not — you can’t be a little bit sustainable.” Her openness about her diagnosis, and willingness to share about her experiences of depression, anxiety and eating disorders, are another reason why many see Thunberg as a role model. “To be different is not a weakness. It’s a strength in many ways, because you stand out from the crowd.”

Not that all of the attention has made her terribly impressed. She indulges a brief smile at a mention of President Barack Obama’s tweet in praise of her, but she returns quickly to her larger message. “I believe that once we start behaving as if we were in an existential crisis, then we can avoid a climate and ecological breakdown,” she says. “But the opportunity to do so will not last for long. We have to start today.”

source

__________________________________________________________________________________________

"More than a century after that science [Carbon dioxide's role in climate change] became known, Thunberg’s primary-school teacher showed a video of its effects: starving polar bears, extreme weather and flooding. The teacher explained that it was all happening because of climate change. Afterward the entire class felt glum, but the other kids were able to move on. Thunberg couldn’t. She began to feel extremely alone. She was 11 years old when she fell into a deep depression. For months, she stopped speaking almost entirely, and ate so little that she was nearly hospitalized; that period of malnutrition would later stunt her growth. Her parents took time off work to nurse her through what her father remembers as a period of “endless sadness,” and Thunberg herself recalls feeling confused. “I couldn’t understand how that could exist, that existential threat, and yet we didn’t prioritize it,” she says. “I was maybe in a bit of denial, like, ‘That can’t be happening, because if that were happening, then the politicians would be taking care of it.’”

At first, Thunberg’s father reassured her that everything would be O.K., but as he read more about the climate crisis, he found his own words rang hollow. “I realized that she was right and I was wrong, and I had been wrong all my life,” Svante told TIME in a quiet moment after arriving in Lisbon. In an effort to comfort their daughter, the family began changing their habits to reduce their emissions. They mostly stopped eating meat, installed solar panels, began growing their own vegetables and eventually gave up flying—a sacrifice for Thunberg’s mother, who performs throughout Europe. “We did all these things, basically, not really to save the climate, we didn’t care much about that initially,” says Svante. “We did it to make her happy and to get her back to life.” Slowly, Thunberg began to eat and talk again.

Thunberg’s Asperger’s diagnosis helped explain why she had such a powerful reaction to learning about the climate crisis. Because she doesn’t process information in the same way neurotypical people do, she could not compartmentalize the fact that her planet was in peril. “I see the world in black and white, and I don’t like compromising,” she told TIME during a school break earlier this year. “If I were like everyone else, I would have continued on and not seen this crisis.” She is in some ways grateful for her diagnosis; if her brain worked differently, she explained, “I wouldn’t be able to sit for hours and read things I’m interested in.” Thunberg’s focus and way of speaking betrays a maturity far beyond her years. When she passed classmates at her school, she remarked that “the children are being quite noisy,” as if she were not one of them."

source

Last edited:

Howard Is

Lucky Mud

Whatever is different about it, if you took all the aspies out of Silicon Valley, it would grind to a halt.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's not just this one guy.
I've talked with many believers who see demons
as behind all sorts of psychological & moral woes.
The origins are biblical, so it's fundamental.

Yes, i should say only in America but that wouldn't be quit true?