• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Soul

Vee

Premium Member
In a way, I believe the soul "dies" when the body dies, simply because I also believe body and soul are one and the same, not 2 separate entities.
The Bible says that the word "soul", a rendering of the Hebrew word neʹphesh and the Greek word psy·kheʹ, can refer to people, animals, or the life of a person or animal. So, when we talk about doing something with one’s whole soul, it means to do it with one’s whole being, wholeheartedly, or with one’s whole life.
For example Genesis 2:7 reads "And God went on to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living person." In the Hebrew scriptures the word used was neʹphesh, which literally means “a breathing creature".

Who believes the soul dies when you die? I'm a believer.

The “soul” is not some inter self or invisible spiritual being. Humans, like animal, do not have a soul, we are a soul.-Genesis 2:7; Exodus 1:5; Leviticus 24:17, 18; Joshua 11:11; Ezekiel 18:4, 20; Revelation 16:3. (Not inclusive)

God speaks of “my soul” as if He were a physical being. (Psalms 11:5; 24:4; Isaiah 1:14; 42:1; Jeremiah 12:7; 14:19; 32:14; Lamentations 3:20; Matthew 12:18; Hebrews 10:38) Furthermore, God is spoken of as having eyes, hands, and so forth. Such scriptures help the reader in understanding.-Leviticus 26:11, 30; Psalms 24:4; Isaiah 42:1.

King Phenomenon

The “soul” is not some inter self or invisible spiritual being. Humans, like animal, do not have a soul, we are a soul.-Genesis 2:7; Exodus 1:5; Leviticus 24:17, 18; Joshua 11:11; Ezekiel 18:4, 20; Revelation 16:3. (Not inclusive)

God speaks of “my soul” as if He were a physical being. (Psalms 11:5; 24:4; Isaiah 1:14; 42:1; Jeremiah 12:7; 14:19; 32:14; Lamentations 3:20; Matthew 12:18; Hebrews 10:38) Furthermore, God is spoken of as having eyes, hands, and so forth. Such scriptures help the reader in understanding.-Leviticus 26:11, 30; Psalms 24:4; Isaiah 42:1.
Yup that's why the soul dies when you die

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Soul is the life of the body. It's eternal I believe. It's kinda odd that on this earth souls exist.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Soul is the life of the body. It's eternal I believe. It's kinda odd that on this earth souls exist.
Souls exist on earth and in the spiritual world.
The soul animates the physical body while we are living in a body on earth, but after we die the soul leaves the body, takes on a spiritual body, and continues to exist in the spiritual world for eternity.