• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sotah Pop.

John D. Brey

On the eve of the birth of the nation of Israel, a death-angel is going to pass through the territory killing all firstborn who don't have the blood of the lamb on their mezuzot. Israel has the blood of the lamb on their mezuzot. And Israel eats the flesh of the blood of the lamb.

Later, begging Israel to make the connections you're wont not to want to make, God tells the nation to place the Torah on their mezuzot implying that the flesh of the Torah, like the flesh of the blood of the lamb, is inside the residence, being ingested.

Jewish sages, begging Israel to make the connections you're wont not to want to make, tell modern Israelites to place the Name Shaddai, the lamb of God, שדי on the mezuzot where the blood of the lamb was placed. This placing of the Name Shaddai on the mezuzot clearly signifies that the blood of the Torah is the blood of Shaddai thereby implying, to those with ears and eyes not blinded to spiritual truths, that the flesh of Torah, after being kashered in order to leave the blood on the mezuzot, is in the residence of the Israelite, being, get this, eaten.

Jews eat the flesh of the Torah, the lamb of God, which is the flesh of God. Problem is, for some baffling bloody reason, they don't drink the blood of the Eucharistic offering as do their Catholic peers.

John

A Vestigial Mote

Do Jews recognize Jesus Christ as The Messiah? If the answer is "no" for any reason, then it makes quite a bit of sense that they wouldn't partake of a ceremony whose chief purpose is paying respect to Jesus as if he were that level of deific personage. Especially considering that deifying a non-deity, according to The Torah, breaks the first 3 of the ten commandments (Exodus). That's breaking 30% of God's most basic laws, just for eating some bread and drinking some wine. Probably not going to find too many adherents to the religion who think it's worth it.

Granted... I don't believe any of it makes sense. But I think your analogies and apparent objection are completely baseless.

A Vestigial Mote

An anology for a basics.
If one does not eat matzah, does this mean they eat bread rolls?
This makes absolutely no sense. This analogy is pure garbage. A Jewish person could very well eat a communion wafer... and it would be nothing more than a thin slice of unleavened bread to them. They could drink wine, and it would be nothing but fermented grapes. However, the moment a Catholic person wants to complain because the Jewish adherent denies wanting to eat these items within the context of the Eucharist ritual, is the moment they have lost their damn mind.

Anyone
, at any time, is allowed to refuse eating or drinking anything for any reason. I don't care if their reason is that they think aliens put space jam in their cookies. I don't even care if what you're offering them is the only way to save their life - if they understand the implications and don't want it, then screw you. This is the only understanding that matters.

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Sotah is the test for adultery in Jewish Law, I think.

It's the only time a Jewish Person is permitted to erase a divine name.

It is a painful topic. Literally bitter.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
With all due respect: I think you have posted something provocative.

Is your intention to promote your writing ( via the links in the OP ) or to have a meaningful debate?

John D. Brey

With all due respect: I think you have posted something provocative.

Is your intention to promote your writing ( via the links in the OP ) or to have a meaningful debate?

. . . Meaningful debate is always the intention. But not always possible. The links should have been to threads in this forum. The essays at the link were composed in this forum. It's just that all the messages (in a said thread) have been condensed into a more readable essay at the link.

John

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
When you write 'mezuzah' lowercase, you mean a literal doorpost?

When you write 'blood of the lamb', is that Jesus?

How does the whole OP relate to the title of the thread?

John D. Brey

When you write 'mezuzah' lowercase, you mean a literal doorpost?

When you write 'blood of the lamb', is that Jesus?

How does the whole OP relate to the title of the thread?

It's frowned on to link to an outside essay. Nevertheless, the essays I link to are composed here, in threads, and then edited and placed at Academia.edu. . . Here's a thread, here, dealing with the topic: Holy Water, Holy Cow, Holy Crap.

And here's an essay edited form a number of threads here: Sotah Water.

Let's see how interested you really are in the topic?

John